Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

55 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I agree..

@payneruk to elaborate on this Bang Hai is the biggest (I think?) stage on site. It's huge, and predominantly DnB. It's the shape depicted being overgrown in the video and it makes sense to evolve with the story line, downfall of Bang Hai and uprising of the environment. 

It is replacing Bang Hai

Am I counting the districts right? The posters this year are saying there are 12 districts, they have announced 11* so far but Town Centre and Paradise Heights are still to be announced so that would be 13. Paradise Heights hasn't been removed from the listings page (like Sector 6 and Bang Hai were) and Town Centre has already been partially announced so it can't be dropping one of them.

1. *Old Town
  2. Copper Country
  3. Whistlers Green/Kidztown
  4. Forest Parties
  5. Metropolis
  6. Diss-Orderly Alley
  7. DSTRKT 5
  8. Barrio Loco
  9. Relic
  10. Area404
  11. Lions Den
Edited by jump

47 minutes ago, jump said:

Am I counting the districts right? The posters this year are saying there are 12 districts, they have announced 11* so far but Town Centre and Paradise Heights are still to be announced so that would be 13. Paradise Heights hasn't been removed from the listings page (like Sector 6 and Bang Hai were) and Town Centre has already been partially announced so it can't be dropping one of them.

1. *Old Town
  2. Copper Country
  4. Forest Parties
  5. Metropolis
  6. Diss-Orderly Alley
  7. DSTRKT 5
  8. Barrio Loco
  9. Relic
  10. Area404
  11. Lions Den

I don't think the forest parties are regarded as a district.

3 hours ago, jump said:

1. *Old Town
  2. Copper Country
  4. Forest Parties
  5. Metropolis
  6. Diss-Orderly Alley
  7. DSTRKT 5
  8. Barrio Loco
  9. Relic
  10. Area404
  11. Lions Den

I was also a bit perplexed by this. All 11 of the posters so far say "1 of 12 totally immersive districts".

However, they did say the final announcement would be Fri 29th of March, so that does allow room for the two remaining missing districts to be announced.

I guess we will end up with 13 posters which all say "1 of 12 totally immersive districts". Opps haha.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:38 PM, Radi0Head said:

If you haven't seen this already you should check out this short doc mixmag did on Bangface Weekender, Bangface's very own festival otherwise known as 'pingers at pontins'

Also an interesting article in the Guardian this week:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/20/lasers-robots-and-dj-lara-crofts-dentist-the-rave-lunacy-of-bang-face

In other news: 

No photo description available.

• Upvote 1

Eats Everything at the Bad Apple has fun written all over it. 

With the rest of that Town Centre line up I'm thinking there'll be a lot of clashes. Great line up for me this year but most acts I want to see are in a big font size so am going to assume they're all on at the same time ?

On 4/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, Tommy101 said:

Eats Everything at the Bad Apple has fun written all over it. 

With the rest of that Town Centre line up I'm thinking there'll be a lot of clashes. Great line up for me this year but most acts I want to see are in a big font size so am going to assume they're all on at the same time ?

This!