Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

37 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Bangface at Boomtown will be something to behold.

If you haven't seen this already you should check out this short doc mixmag did on Bangface Weekender, Bangface's very own festival otherwise known as 'pingers at pontins'

Edited by Radi0Head

2 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

If you haven't seen this already you should check out this short doc mixmag did on Bangface 

I've not seen it but am going to go ahead and assume that it's something better watched at home than in the office. 

I've never been to one of their own events but their takeover at Glastonbury a few years ago was insane. 

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Do we know what day Lauryn Hill is playing yet?

Hoping she doesn't clash with Prophets.

The day splits only came just before the last festival didn't they? 

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going, as I have a few things going on at the moment... but Prophets are the main one I want to catch. 

Where do you think Groove Armada will place? The Streets I probably see at Glastonbury so I can handle that clash of it happens!

Chase and Status will be a late set somewhere surely? Salt N Pepa or Chronix maybe taking the Shy FX slot from last year?

49 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

The day splits only came just before the last festival didn't they? 

I'm still not 100% sure I'm going, as I have a few things going on at the moment... but Prophets are the main one I want to catch. 

Where do you think Groove Armada will place? The Streets I probably see at Glastonbury so I can handle that clash of it happens!

Chase and Status will be a late set somewhere surely? Salt N Pepa or Chronix maybe taking the Shy FX slot from last year?

Yes you needed to buy a programme to get the stage splits etc, but some of them we managed to find out in advance. 

Groove Armada are on the lions den.. Im guessing they are subbing it - solely going off the poster.

Lauryn Hill & the Streets will definitely be headlining it. Chronixx was top line on the lions den poster.

Salt n Pepa are town centre (thats on the boomtown website).

Atari Teenage Riot are Saturday. (Its on their website). 

I think Salt n Pepa, Slaves & Prophets will be the 3 town centre headliners, with the Atari's on before 1 of them on Saturday (probably slaves). Prophets are looking like Sunday (their tour dates match).

I will try and catch Lauryn Hill at glastonbury, in case she is the same night as Prophets. 

19 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Is that confirmation that the 'Old Mine' is being replaced by new stage 'The Forge'? Looks like so much improvement is going on that a lot of the site will be unrecognisable this year. 

Looks that way. One of eight new main stages. 

From Boomtown facebook...

This Friday afternoon we've got a very exciting live stream from Dense & Pika at Mixmag's The Lab LDN ahead of Drumcode's takeover of our all new stage AREA 404. 

RSVP here and you could go to the live stream in London: http://bit.ly/2WbQtar  

Or just tune in on Mixmag's channels on Friday! x
https://mixmag.net/read/boomtown-area-404-takeover-lab-ldn-dense-pika-brandedcontent-dj-lab/

20 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

From Boomtown facebook...

This Friday afternoon we've got a very exciting live stream from Dense & Pika at Mixmag's The Lab LDN ahead of Drumcode's takeover of our all new stage AREA 404. 

RSVP here and you could go to the live stream in London: http://bit.ly/2WbQtar  

Or just tune in on Mixmag's channels on Friday! x
https://mixmag.net/read/boomtown-area-404-takeover-lab-ldn-dense-pika-brandedcontent-dj-lab/

I don't really understand what this has to do with Boomtown apart from the fact they're playing there. Unless they're announcing another name?

Also how common is it to have a Drumcode takeover without Adam Beyer on the bill?

23 hours ago, jonday81 said:

DJ Yoda!!

11 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I don't think I've ever been there. Will have to find it this year, sounds fun. There's another name or two that could be playing far bigger stages/areas by the looks of things.

Didn't see DJ Yoda, missed him at Glastonbury. 

I stumbled on that room last year and it was empty; it was part of the 'story'.

16 hours ago, jump said:

It looks like it's replacing Bang Hai Tower.

I agree..

@payneruk to elaborate on this Bang Hai is the biggest (I think?) stage on site. It's huge, and predominantly DnB. It's the shape depicted being overgrown in the video and it makes sense to evolve with the story line, downfall of Bang Hai and uprising of the environment.