Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

2 hours ago, Traher666 said:

The food at Boomtown is Generally very good. Everything I ate last year was amazing. 

I had two really good pizzas over the weekend and the best loaded chips I'd ever eaten.

Hmmm maybe I just make bad life choices. I remember initially being underwhelmed by just loads of chips and burger options.... and spending a fortune on the tiniest portion of chips imaginable. Not that the food was bad at all, just not very varied. But then I discovered all the options in the Lions Den and WG and was super happy :)

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm maybe I just make bad life choices. I remember initially being underwhelmed by just loads of chips and burger options.... and spending a fortune on the tiniest portion of chips imaginable. Not that the food was bad at all, just not very varied. But then I discovered all the options in the Lions Den and WG and was super happy :)

I found the strip on the way down to Banghai, had loads of varied stuff and that's where I found the decent stuff.

Bunny chow that’s the one ! The ve-gang is strong at Boomtown lots of choice. I went to reading after Boomtown last year and felt like I was in a food desert by comparison. Mind you there is hardly any food downtown but generally when I’m round that area eating has become a bit of a challenge.

So I’ve been trying to work out what we’ve got left to be announced and this is where I’ve got to...probably in need of some revisions 

announced: lions den etc, electric forest (replacing psyforest), disorder Alley,  whistlers + kids, metropolis 

to go:

sector 6 replacement + line up, area 404 (announced in part, replacing bang hai towers), town centre, old town, dstrkt 5, barrio loco, paradise heights, copper county, Wednesday entertainment

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

So I’ve been trying to work out what we’ve got left to be announced and this is where I’ve got to...probably in need of some revisions 

announced: lions den etc, electric forest (replacing psyforest), disorder Alley,  whistlers + kids, metropolis 

to go:

sector 6 replacement + line up, area 404 (announced in part, replacing bang hai towers), town centre, old town, dstrkt 5, barrio loco, paradise heights, copper county, Wednesday entertainment

Area 404 isn’t replacing Banghai Towers from what I believe

I think the new theory is that Area 404 replaces Sector 6.

The new big DnB stage replaces Bang Hai Towers. It's actually a full district though, and there will also be a second new mid size DnB stage alongside the big one.

I kind of quite like the idea of moving all the DnB music back into the bowl, and having the new house/techno district up the hill. If I'm reading the situation right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

So Boomtown appears back on for me now; although I can only find one person who wants to come with!

Hooray! Good call - See you there!

That's alright - after the efests meet-up you'll be grand :) I only went with one friend last year, but had a blast, at least partially facilitated by boozing and dancing with some efesters. And I didn't even find the proper efests meet up!! Ooops :lol:

9 hours ago, Sku said:

I think the new theory is that Area 404 replaces Sector 6.

The new big DnB stage replaces Bang Hai Towers. It's actually a full district though, and there will also be a second new mid size DnB stage alongside the big one.

I kind of quite like the idea of moving all the DnB music back into the bowl, and having the new house/techno district up the hill. If I'm reading the situation right.

Go back to the posts I put just before Area 404 was announced and I gave a big clue about where it was going, as the promo video looked like a nuclear wasteland.

If only Boomtown had a nuclear power plant kind of stage for it to replace....

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, mr flow said:

Go back to the posts I put just before Area 404 was announced and I gave a big clue about where it was going, as the promo video looked like a nuclear wasteland.

If only Boomtown had a nuclear power plant kind of stage for it to replace....

This has always been my theory, AMI causes a sector 6 meltdown, which becomes 404.

some people get very twitchy and defensive when you say it’s going though....

41 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Well shit never gonna happen is it. Have fun at the great big gig in the sky keith.

FA77C234-F7B4-4A12-B4FA-3F084975DAF5.jpeg

Liam is the core of the Prodigy even if Keith is the iconic face of them. They have survived without other key members like Leeroy and they did go though a phase of preforming without Keith during the Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned era. It's too soon to speculate if they will carry on without Keith tho as it will largely depend on Maxim and Liam's felling's after the mourning period.

2 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

That's a shame. Bit of a wasted announcement seen as they already did an Area 404 line up in Dec.

It was only a handful of acts tho and Area 404 is a big district for some people since it's allegedly replacing Sector 6.