Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Prophets should let him perform with them for this...

Talking of Rage covers check out Brass Against, they are on the line up already and they cover Rage and Audioslave songs with a brass section and the frontwomen's voice is amazing. They are touring the UK at the moment and well worth going to.

Does anyone know where in London the coach picks you up that comes with the weekend tix option? The Boomtown site doesn't really say.

10 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Didn’t make it to whilsters green last year, we were busy hiding from the rain! Nothing will stop my hungover woodcarving this year! 

I seem to remember hiding from the rain in Whistlers Green...or at least going up there to dry out by the fire after morcheeba :lol:

Little Dragon is an excellent addition for me, but much as I want to see them (missed them at Glastonbury 2017 I think due to wanting to be in a good spot for Radiohead) I'm not sure if I'll be able to tear myself away from the main action - depending on timings and clashes, and possibly also what day they're playing on - maybe they would fit a nice Sunday vibe better

2 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Agreed food at WG is ace had some fantastic south aftican chilli which was served in a hollowed our garlic bread thing. Possibly the best thing I’ve had to eat at a festival.

That was the exact thing I was thinking of! 

Plus the wood fired pizza.

6 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Agreed food at WG is ace had some fantastic south aftican chilli which was served in a hollowed our garlic bread thing. Possibly the best thing I’ve had to eat at a festival.

Ok, I'm definitely going hunting for this next time. It sounds ace. I also like the Nigerian place in Lion's Den (and my favourite veg chilli place from Glastonbury makes an appearance there too)....but tbh found the food elsewhere to be a bit more like festivals of yore (i.e. a bit shit)

8 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Bunny chow. Great for soaking up the alcohol.

great bakery in WG. On Sunday afternoon they were selling everything off for £1

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Bunny chow. Great for soaking up the alcohol.

great bakery in WG. On Sunday afternoon they were selling everything off for £1

I was just coming on here to say that sounds like Bunny Chow but you beat me to it.

This is my 1st Boomtown. I heard Whistlers Green is the place to go for vegan food. Is that right?

Can't wait for the Metropolis announcement today!!

2 minutes ago, payneruk said:

I was just coming on here to say that sounds like Bunny Chow but you beat me to it.

This is my 1st Boomtown. I heard Whistlers Green is the place to go for vegan food. Is that right?

Can't wait for the Metropolis announcement today!!

The bunny chow stall does a vegan chilli version which is delicious. Yes vegan food is available at WG but also near to the lions den. There’s also a couple of other vegan stalls uptown. I found it quite easy to get great food at a reasonable price.

• Upvote 1