Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

2 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Any recommendations? I don't know the genre that well. Although I do like it.

I only know Eat Static on here.

Liquid Soul and Infected Mushroom are both fantastic. 

I will now be exploring the whole of the Tribe of Frog lineup as, well, it's the best stage at Boomtown. 

• Upvote 1

All the top ones and Killerwatts

Also Neo is a live set apparently? I think they mean Neill Moore though I don't know how Neill can do a live set.

Is the full 360 degrees sound experience referring to the sound system in tribe of frog? The sound has always been the best in ToF but if they can improve it more then that's great (that said I was in there once when the whole area lost power the sound was distinctively shit that time).

Edited by Radi0Head

32 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

About what?

If it's line up wise then bare in mind that they are released in batches by district, which are pretty loyal to a genre or group of genres so don't be put off if there was nothing for you yesterday.

Yep totally agree with this.

Plus, without wanting to sound all cliche, Boomtown is so much more than the music. It's just a real bonus if there's some great acts you also want to see :) Nothing to be scared of, you'll have an incredible weekend.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

Yep totally agree with this.

Plus, without wanting to sound all cliche, Boomtown is so much more than the music. It's just a real bonus if there's some great acts you also want to see :) Nothing to be scared of, you'll have an incredible weekend.

I prefer having less I want to see, because then I can just kick back and explore/enjoy the festival.

Unfortunately for me, after years of attending Boomtown, I'm actually quite into most of the genres represented now!

On 10/7/2018 at 9:52 AM, Tommy101 said:

I was thinking about getting a tier 1 ticket in November. After this morning there's no thinking left to do. I'll be there with bells on 

Same with me. It was one of three areas I spent most time last year. Hangar 161 was great. I really feel like they could do with making the Earache stage a bit bigger though. 

On 2/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, Tommy101 said:

About what?

If it's line up wise then bare in mind that they are released in batches by district, which are pretty loyal to a genre or group of genres so don't be put off if there was nothing for you yesterday.

I see things on Facebook etc. that make me wonder if it’s for me.

i am use to the more conventional type festive.

but I guess a lot of it is just trash talk 

i see good thing too, I’m sure it will be fun

1 hour ago, Neon said:

I see things on Facebook etc. that make me wonder if it’s for me.

i am use to the more conventional type festive.

but I guess a lot of it is just trash talk 

i see good thing too, I’m sure it will be fun

Go with an open mind and prepare for it to be blown.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There's a lot of acts on there that I don't know but I'm going to be bimbling a lot this year. Just wander around and see what occurs.

I really like Crossfaith though, they've always been a lot of fun when I've seen them before.

Best way to do Boomtown. 

Even if you do have a plan of sorts, it's impossible to not get distracted. Trying to stick with our group last year was like herding cats.