Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

I'm looking forward to Dreadzone as always.. I'll run with the rest but definitely make spiral tribe and go say hello to old friends eat static. 

Those napalm death are everywhere this year. Lol didn't see them at Glastonbury but have a feeling I'll be seeing them sometime this year.. 

11 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

I don't know who Lauryn Hill is, didn't some DNB song sample one of her songs, oh well, hopefully during her set she does the DNB version otherwise I won't go.

:lol: 

Aye, "some" dude called DJ Hype. The tune that got me into DbB many many moons ago at a house party in Bath. Zinc dropped it at Boomtown last year. Your post makes me feel ancient :)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Dr Peacock should just headline the whole weekend to be honest. Prophets of Rage can play for like 10 minutes then straight back to being cock throttled by Dr Peacock. I don't know who Lauryn Hill is, didn't some DNB song sample one of her songs, oh well, hopefully during her set she does the DNB version otherwise I won't go. Also if Slofthai can threw up continuously for a full hour like he did that time supporting Slaves at Alexandra Palace that'd be great. My other plan for the weekend is to see how much wine I can neck during Red Red Wine. I give this line up a 5 out of 5.

Ha ha... yes! Le Bask was mega last year. Hoping Dr Peacock is as good.

6 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

Anybody able to find the licence premises application boomtown have made to Winchester for this year? I can find them every year but can’t seem to find 2019’s application... They must have applied for a licence by now surely?

I think the last licence they applied for runs until Dec 2019.

But not sure how they will go about the new noise levels. 

Edited by JBarbour

7 hours ago, Jimpsnl said:

Anybody able to find the licence premises application boomtown have made to Winchester for this year? I can find them every year but can’t seem to find 2019’s application... They must have applied for a licence by now surely?

No changes. Running on the same license as 2018. Normally something changes, thus new documents.

Think they are trying to focus on addressing the issues which caused the 80k capacity and increased sound level license application to fail before requesting further amendments.

Next line-up announcement is this Friday right? I'm guessing it will be the full line up for a particular area. Guessing they're going to announce Whistlers Green first seen as there is nothing from there on the current line-up. Last year I made a shrunken head at Whistler's Green but it didn't survive boomtown, hopefully they'll announce shrunken heads again so I can make another one.

12 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Next line-up announcement is this Friday right? I'm guessing it will be the full line up for a particular area. Guessing they're going to announce Whistlers Green first seen as there is nothing from there on the current line-up. Last year I made a shrunken head at Whistler's Green but it didn't survive boomtown, hopefully they'll announce shrunken heads again so I can make another one.

What was it made of?.....and don't say a head lol.

21 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Yes, next line up announcement this Friday. I also assume it will be the first full district line up, but which one, who knows.

14 districts in total, twice a week (Fri & Tues), takes us up to the 2nd of April as the final reveal. Which I think might have been previously announced, but can't remember where I saw it.

The "big reveal" is likely to be regarding DnB, as this is a new district with 2 brand new stages (one major, one mid-sized). Not sure if they will do it this Friday to appease DnB heads who were left a little jaded by the Area 404 reveal, or perhaps they save it until last...

Also noted nothing revealed for Paradise Heights yet, no particularly large venues there, so not too much of a surprise.

What happened to the shrunken head? Got wet, lost, or...? ?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Sku said:

Yes, next line up announcement this Friday. I also assume it will be the first full district line up, but which one, who knows.

14 districts in total, twice a week (Fri & Tues), takes us up to the 2nd of April as the final reveal. Which I think might have been previously announced, but can't remember where I saw it.

The "big reveal" is likely to be regarding DnB, as this is a new district with 2 brand new stages (one major, one mid-sized). Not sure if they will do it this Friday to appease DnB heads who were left a little jaded by the Area 404 reveal, or perhaps they save it until last...

Also noted nothing revealed for Paradise Heights yet, no particularly large venues there, so not too much of a surprise.

What happened to the shrunken head? Got wet, lost, or...? ?

Two districts a week is pretty immense :)

23 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I didn't see anyone on Lions Den last year, which I plan to change this year.

It's a great space, especially after dark (I guess you could say that about most of the festival though). Highly recommend heading there at least if you're at a loose end at the right time. 

Edited by Tommy101

24 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Announcement at 1pm today. And every Tuesday and Friday going forward, yeah.

Must admit I have no idea what to expect from these district announcements. Can't imagine there will be many more big names will there? 

Might be a few surprises, but the majority of the big names are out.

These district announcements will confirm who is on which stage, the undercard, and perhaps a few extra big names if lucky. Some districts have very little announced so far, e.g Paradise Heights, and there are normally some fairly well known acts there.

• Upvote 1

Backbeat Soundsystem are reasonably similar to GDC, lots of energy and great fun, whilst Natty is a lot more chilled but one of my favourite reggae artists and always great live. My 3rd year and i’d say this is easily the strongest Lion’s Den lineup in that time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

That night was so much fun. Improved further with the new design last year in my opinion. :) 

Last year I pretty much only saw acts in Disorder Alley, Bang Hai and Sector 6. Oh and I saw Omar Souleyman on the Old Mines. I did so much walking around the districts, don't know how I didn't end up seeing more on other stages.