Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

1 minute ago, Traher666 said:

Personally I think Lauryn Hill is a weak headliner, but that's just my personal tasted. The other headliners are great, after seeing them the other day I think The Streets will smash Lions Den.

Also pumped for Pennywise, Leftover Crack, At The Gates and My Nu Leng.

think prophets of rage is weaker then Lauryn personally

42 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Personally I think Lauryn Hill is a weak headliner, but that's just my personal tasted. The other headliners are great, after seeing them the other day I think The Streets will smash Lions Den.

Also pumped for Pennywise, Leftover Crack, At The Gates and My Nu Leng.

Shit, I hadn't even seen Pennywise! So much to take in ...It's amazing :D

I do wonder about my friends' mates sometimes though. One of them just text our WhatsApp group:

"First look, not amazing"

"Really? Just off the top row as in a rush, but Lauryn Hill, Prophets of Rage, Chase and Status, Groove Armada....."

"I don't know who Lauryn Hill is...."

Jeez......I mean, I know I'm a bit older than her, but....really????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I do wonder about my friends' mates sometimes though. One of them just text our WhatsApp group:

"Really? Just off the top row as in a rush, but Lauryn Hill, Prophets of Rage, Chase and Status, Groove Armada....."

The miseducation of some people....

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

That is mad!!! Who doesn't know Lauryn Hill is?

It's an amazing line up again this year, just need to hope tickets don't fly out for this. When did it sell out last year?

3 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

That is mad!!! Who doesn't know Lauryn Hill is?

It's an amazing line up again this year, just need to hope tickets don't fly out for this. When did it sell out last year?

April officially, but some tickets went back on sale again closer to the festival.

Think it could sell out early this year as line up seems to have gone down very well

1 minute ago, Sqwillo said:

Anyone remember when they’re starting district announcements? Kinda interested as they haven’t listed where most dj sets are online 

I reckon currently you'll get the best breakdown on the efests line-up page - cos it's a combination of what's on the website and what's on the press release .... tho it's not fantastically better than the BT website, I'll admit. But it does have a little bit more.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/boomtown/2019/lineup.shtml

10 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

Wild that Prophets of Rage are on the Lions Den.

They aren't. They are on the Town Centre.

Which means The streets, Lauryn Hill and Groove Armada look like Lion's Den headliners. I'm hoping the streets clash with Propets as I want to see Groove Armada and Lauryn Hill, but have no interest in the streets.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Which means The streets, Lauryn Hill and Groove Armada look like Lion's Den headliners. I'm hoping the streets clash with Propets as I want to see Groove Armada and Lauryn Hill, but have no interest in the streets.

That's what I meant. Sorry, I'm very tired.

Especially considering they subbed System at Download a couple of years ago. (I know it's not the same crowd, but surely doesn't warrant that much of a drop?)

1 minute ago, Traher666 said:

That's what I meant. Sorry, I'm very tired.

Especially considering they subbed System at Download a couple of years ago. (I know it's not the same crowd, but surely doesn't warrant that much of a drop?)

Limp Bizkit and Enter Shikari played Town Centre last year. So it's not a massive surprise I guess. They will be up against a big name on the Lions Den for sure. 

With all the stage upgrades promised, it's also possible the town centre increases in size a bit I guess.

51 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

And yet Groove Armada aren't headlining Parklife I don't believe.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Could have sworn they were at Parklife, clearly not. So Lauryn Hill, GA and The Streets headlining Boomtown?, strange with POR at the top but does open them up as at least a WHs headliner, maybe even Other.

Goldie was third row down last year and headlined... 

I think them being at Boomtown means they won't be at Glastonbury, few months apart.

45 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Goldie was third row down last year and headlined... 

Yeh, I was wondering a bit about how lineup positions would relate to stages. I'm super excited about Lauryn Hill but (and this might be a really stupid thing to say) would she appeared a bit lost on The Lions Den? I've only seen Gorillaz as headliner so can't really compare it to anything similar 

Dr Peacock should just headline the whole weekend to be honest. Prophets of Rage can play for like 10 minutes then straight back to being cock throttled by Dr Peacock. I don't know who Lauryn Hill is, didn't some DNB song sample one of her songs, oh well, hopefully during her set she does the DNB version otherwise I won't go. Also if Slofthai can threw up continuously for a full hour like he did that time supporting Slaves at Alexandra Palace that'd be great. My other plan for the weekend is to see how much wine I can neck during Red Red Wine. I give this line up a 5 out of 5.

• Upvote 1