Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

Reaction on social media has been overwhelmingly positive. Counted less than half a dozen negative comments, and floods of positive ones!

Compared to negativity surrounding Boomtown announcements last year that seems like a good result! I'm sure they will be chuffed. Probably a bad time of year to hope for many ticket sales though!

Seems like a good start considering this is only supposedly a minor announcement, and the rest is yet to come!

Edited by Sku

13 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It does seem odd timing. Even though I think this is a sound announcement I don't see it drumming up many sales.

The next announcement after Feb Payday makes a lot more sense to me.

I think it was more to do with getting it out there that they are having a techno and house area and large stage. As it's replacing one of the large more drum and bass orientated stages, and the fact the drum and bass crowd have been a very vocal and critical crowd, particularly on social media, i think they just wanted to get this out as early as possible.

It's also the same time that Boomtown normally make their first announcement which tends to be the big headliner (Gorillaz, The Specials and Madness all announced in December), however the main headline act they wanted/had for next year, isn't happening, so perhaps they just wanted to get something announced to go in line with announcements of previous years

17 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It does seem odd timing. Even though I think this is a sound announcement I don't see it drumming up many sales.

The next announcement after Feb Payday makes a lot more sense to me.

"Should I put my Xmas Money towards a Boomtown ticket?" 

"Who's on?"

"No one announced yet"

Vs

"This lot"

Makes sense to me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I think it was more to do with getting it out there that they are having a techno and house area and large stage. As it's replacing one of the large more drum and bass orientated stages, and the fact the drum and bass crowd have been a very vocal and critical crowd, particularly on social media, i think they just wanted to get this out as early as possible.

It's also the same time that Boomtown normally make their first announcement which tends to be the big headliner (Gorillaz, The Specials and Madness all announced in December), however the main headline act they wanted/had for next year, isn't happening, so perhaps they just wanted to get something announced to go in line with announcements of previous years

Who was it that's meant to have fallen through?

37 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'm not sure i'm really at liberty to say, although it's a fairly obvious one, when you look at who's currently active and when you look at people's suggestions for headliners every year...

Hmmmmm interesting! Chase and Status I wonder? I hope not! Or maybe they're not exactly headliners.....just seen their name get thrown around a lot

42 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'm not sure i'm really at liberty to say, although it's a fairly obvious one, when you look at who's currently active and when you look at people's suggestions for headliners every year...

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmmmm interesting! Chase and Status I wonder? I hope not! Or maybe they're not exactly headliners.....just seen their name get thrown around a lot

Mr Flint and the Prodigal Son I would presume.

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Mr Flint and the Prodigal Son I would presume.

Ah yes, of course! Oh well, at least we can catch them headlining t'Other :)

I wonder why it is they've never been booked for Boomtown? From @mr flow's post, it sounds like whoever it was might have just fallen through last minute...

19 hours ago, robswireplease said:

Extremely wishful thinking here, but anyone reckon pendulum may do a DJ set to headline? Like they're doing at nass

Its a possibility, if they're in the U.K. then why not. Though it is a whole month between Nass and Boomtown so maybe they will have headed somewhere else by then. Plus it would of been over a year they have spent in the U.K. by the time boomtown 2019 comes round.

2 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

Plus it would of been over a year they have spent in the U.K. by the time boomtown 2019 comes round. 

What do you mean?  I'm seeing them here on NYE but my friend who's moved to Aus is seeing them a couple of days before.

4 hours ago, stu_kent said:

What do you mean?  I'm seeing them here on NYE but my friend who's moved to Aus is seeing them a couple of days before.

Yeh that's true, they even multi-task - i.e, I think i'm correct in saying they're playing in aus 30 and 31st ish, but also a dj set in watford on the 31st? And they're not penned in to be in england for any time apart from nass so i'm sure they wouldn't be bored of us. Went to one of their (rare) DJ sets in brighton a few weeks back and it was just incredible. Not quite as good as reading this year but nonetheless very good. Would literally kill for them to headline boom

3 hours ago, robswireplease said:

Yeh that's true, they even multi-task - i.e, I think i'm correct in saying they're playing in aus 30 and 31st ish, but also a dj set in watford on the 31st? 

DJ set is in Margate on 31st... that’s where I’m going. Can’t wait! 

On 12/14/2018 at 5:03 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Chase and Status I wonder? I hope not!

They've been previewing their new RTRN TO JUNGLE album a lot recently, and that set is sounding pretty amazing.  They'd be a good shout for the slot Jungle Cakes did to open this year, or a decent Sector 6 headliner.  My preference would be at Robotika - better sound system compared to one of the large open stages.

• Upvote 1