Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Will you lot please STOP tagging my username to posts in this thread* as it inevitably leads to me coming her to respond politely (as one should), thus serving only to remind me that I'm not going to Boomtown in 2019! Which is a bit rubbish.

:(

Ben
xx

*Obviously I only kind of mean this...x

There is an easy solution to this conundrum.... 

Buy a ticket for Boomtown :P

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Will you lot please STOP tagging my username to posts in this thread* as it inevitably leads to me coming her to respond politely (as one should), thus serving only to remind me that I'm not going to Boomtown in 2019! Which is a bit rubbish.

:(

Ben
xx

*Obviously I only kind of mean this...x

Ooops! Sorry Ben! Although of course, this apology has now dragged you back in also ^_^

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I was SOOOOOO bored at Pagoda Plaza waiting for SMD (who I had in firm pencil as a set to see...their DJ set at Latitude 2017 was incredible...) and the sound was so poor, that I sacked the monkeys off and went to Tribe of Frog for my second night in a row of stellar psytrance. And that's in the Boomtown area with the. best. sound. And that's not an opinion. It is FACT!

And that's such a bummer @stu_kent about Enrico...Charlotte was pretty good, Enrico was unbelievable. About as good a festival-ending set as you could imagine (I'm not trying to be an arse...!).

:)

Ben

You should have stuck around for SMD, the sound levels noticeable went up for their set.  I think they could push it up at Pagoda because other stages had finished so total sound out from the site didn't breach the allowed levels.

Was gutted about Enrico but I wanted all our group to stay together on the last night and as I'd seem Enrico at Junction 2 in June I was (relatively) happy to see Charlotte and then pop off to Sector 6 for Andy C which was also pretty good I must say.

Loved that Boomtown was stronger for the techno this year... that forest is perfect for it.  More of that next year please!  A Drumcode takeover would be sweet.

10 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Would they be too big for town centre? After Cypress Hill doing Lion's Den last year I could see them doing the same slot.

They'd be a great booking though.

Possibly. 2018 was my first Boomtown... I just assumed that Rock was more for the Town Centre than Lions Den, but - you are probably right.

From those dates, they must be in with a shout & if Cypress Hill enjoyed the fest in 2017, they will be up for it.

I'll be a bit surprised if they are not announced.

Looking at those tour dates, and seeing how they fall with Boomtown has made me think this is a real possibility. Also, with the fact they have the same booking agents as Limp Bizkit too....

N.B - I have no info on this, it's purely my own guess work!

Will try and do some digging :ph34r:

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, mr flow said:

Looking at those tour dates, and seeing how they fall with Boomtown has made me think this is a real possibility. Also, with the fact they have the same booking agents as Limp Bizkit too....

N.B - I have no info on this, it's purely my own guess work!

Will try and do some digging :ph34r:

Plus, 2 members are in Cypress Hill, who played in 2017....  makes absolute sense to me.

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Pretty sure there is an announcement today, it was on that promo video.

I had 9th December in my head but I don't remember where I got this from!

Part 1: How quickly does Boomtown sell out? I won't be able to purchase tickets until January if I decide to go.

Part 2: Do I choose the Green Man Festival or Boomtown? Truth is I will likely choose one this year and the other next. I like that I can choose tickets, coach transportation and accommodation all in one go for Boomtown.