Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

53 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I booked a ticket for a friend, put their email in when entering the details and the confirmation came to me. Maybe chase it up with the person who booked your ticket?

Aaah ok. Yeh, she has an email...I just assumed it would be like Glastonbury and everyone would get one. I think it's all good though by the sound of it. I just wanted my own email :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, payneruk said:

Is the Paradise Heights campsite open on the Wednesday?

Good news!

Boomtown have said on Facebook that all general campsites will be open on Wednesday in 2019.

The number of people moving tents last year on Thursday was silly. Part of the perks of arriving on Wednesday at most festivals is to get a good camp spot. It's a good change to open it all up.

20 minutes ago, Sku said:

Good news!

Boomtown have said on Facebook that all general campsites will be open on Wednesday in 2019.

The number of people moving tents last year on Thursday was silly. Part of the perks of arriving on Wednesday at most festivals is to get a good camp spot. It's a good change to open it all up.

Oh that's awesome! Now I'm definitely considering switching my coach for Wednesday....

13 hours ago, payneruk said:

So this means we Wednesday folk will get pick of the crop for the best spots

Yup....I mean, they do anyway if they can be bothered to move their tents. And if last year was anything to go by, a lot of them did! I was with Oxfam last year but I know people who arrived on Thursday and they didn't have any problems. However.....I am now quite tempted to go on Wednesday!

Are we expecting less queues and a generally easier entrance on the Wednesday? 

I'm on the first coach from Portsmouth so expecting to be amongst the first groups there. Only problem with arriving that early is that the drug dogs will likely be ravenous. 

22 hours ago, Henrik said:

Are we expecting less queues and a generally easier entrance on the Wednesday? 

I'm on the first coach from Portsmouth so expecting to be amongst the first groups there. Only problem with arriving that early is that the drug dogs will likely be ravenous. 

In 2017 the queuing was horrific to get in. It was basically a riot. I remember it being mentioned in the news some people took 12 or so hours to get in! This year they made a lot of improvements to the queuing system such as the Wednesday opening. The improvements reduced que time substantially so queuing won’t be too bad.

nevertheless it’s not gonna be amazing, never will be as standing in heat/rain with all your kit is never good fun.

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

In 2017 the queuing was horrific to get in. It was basically a riot. I remember it being mentioned in the news some people took 12 or so hours to get in!

Yeah, a few of my buddies went in 2017 and apparently queued for over 10 hours. They said it was hell on earth.

The fact they went back this year and already have tickets for next year says it all! 

• Upvote 3

On 11/7/2018 at 2:56 PM, Henrik said:

Yeah, a few of my buddies went in 2017 and apparently queued for over 10 hours. They said it was hell on earth.

The fact they went back this year and already have tickets for next year says it all! 

Little bit o reverse promotion never hurt know one

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

probably a good decision. I remember Arcadia being great in 2013 but in '14 it seemed much smaller and there was some strange podium in the centre that just ruined it. 

Definitely. I also think the addition of Banghai Palace/Tower and Sector 6 have all out weighed the loss of Arcadia. They wouldn't have been able to afford to build and run those two stages if they continued with Arcadia.