Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Tier 1 Thursday - bagged. The Glastonbury / Boomtown doubleheader is on!

YES!!!!! What a summer this is going to be :yahoo:

5 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

I shall apologise for saying it's easy but glad you were successful. I'm stress free as wasn't bothered about early tiers. My only stress is convincing Miss Mashedonmud that we need to go again. I'll ply her with wine, hopefully enough to use her debit card too. :ph34r:

Stressful only due to being blindsided by the number of options and then a comedy of WhatsApp chat errors.... I hope wine plying is successful! :) 

17 minutes ago, Sku said:

It get's you Wednesday entry, if you have a Wednesday coach.

If you have selected a coach journey on Thursday, you can probably contact them to change it. 

Yeh, I managed to change coaches with the ticket sellers easy enough before for shambala - plus there were so many coach options, I'm sure there will be some ability to switch it up :) 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

YES!!!!! What a summer this is going to be :yahoo:

Stressful only due to being blindsided by the number of options and then a comedy of WhatsApp chat errors.... I hope wine plying is successful! :) 

She just called to tell me to get the tickets, no wine needed. Damn I love that woman. 

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting all the questions about music choices etc.

I went for House & Techno. And Disco, Soul & Funk. And the band I'd like to see is Molotov Jukebox (I'm know they've probably played BT loads before but I still haven't seen them).

What did everyone else pick?

6 minutes ago, payneruk said:

I wasn't expecting all the questions about music choices etc.

I went for House & Techno. And Disco, Soul & Funk. And the band I'd like to see is Molotov Jukebox (I'm know they've probably played BT loads before but I still haven't seen them).

What did everyone else pick?

Metal first then drum and bass/jungle

I'd like to see Nine Inch Nails or Roni Size

21 minutes ago, Neon said:

Quick Tier 1 and no problem.

I have no ID is that only needed if you are younger ?

They operate a Challenge 25. So if you look under then they want your ID as proof of age, also to check name against ticket. 

Bit closer to festival Boomtown do a deal of £5 off a Citizen Card. Normally £15. 

All described here https://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/news/2018-04-25-discounted-id-cards-for-boomtown-citizens/

Missed the tier 1 from confusion of only being able to add 1 to the basket. Tier 2 in the bag despite my wifi dropping out during the sale, then my card getting declined! Between me and my mates 1x T1 ticket, 8x T2 tickets. 

Public transport ones definitely took longer to go. I was expecting worse but that felt like a breeze !

See you at Sector 6 efesters.

21 minutes ago, Sku said:

20,000 tickets sold in 2 hours!

That compares to 15,500 tickets sold on the first night last year

The capacity hasnt increased has it? It never felt too busy last year. Thar was something I enjoyed. Always room. Only limp Bizkit felt pretty packed. Otherwise I always had room to dance / wobble.