Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ah-ha! cool! A nice 15 minute chill period....I'm not used to this kind of service :D 

Hope I'm not gonna upset the ticket gods but Boomtown ticket sales is a nice calm, leisurely fun experience. Not the Glastonbury emotional rollercoaster. You'll be fine.

24 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Not mad at all, in fact completely barking to pay fees if you've got your own van/caravan. Have you considered "Wild Camping". There are a few spots around Hampshire and if you don't know the area, I'm guessing you don't, there is a web site of the same name. Proven most helpful for some of my travels.

That sounds great but im a little concerned about not being able to bring alcohol in each day. Would cost a fortune to buy drinks at the bar All week:(

12 minutes ago, dizzydonk said:

That sounds great but im a little concerned about not being able to bring alcohol in each day. Would cost a fortune to buy drinks at the bar All week:(

I took plenty of alcohol in my van, all decanted into varying plastic containers, I may of been lucky regards search but got it all in.? Take what you are happy to lose, just in case. It won't spoil the fun even if the alcohol police try to spoil your party. F@ck em.

Edited by mashedonmud

Yeh, no tier 1 for me...mainly because I was trying to buy three and it would only let me choose one and it really confused me. Even more confusing than the Glasto coach options

Also, we got coach packages....if going by coach gets you free Wednesday entry, why have I got a Thursday coach? :wacko:

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, no tier 1 for me...mainly because I was trying to buy three and it would only let me choose one and it really confused me. Even more confusing than the Glasto coach options

Also, we got coach packages....if going by coach gets you free Wednesday entry, why have I got a Thursday coach? :wacko:

It get's you Wednesday entry, if you have a Wednesday coach.

If you have selected a coach journey on Thursday, you can probably contact them to change it. 

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I got wrong campervan field last year, they fully refunded without question.

1 minute ago, Tommy101 said:

I got in and secured a tier 2 with 24 seconds left on the clock. Almost as stressful as Glasto, fortunately a little more successful.

I shall apologise for saying it's easy but glad you were successful. I'm stress free as wasn't bothered about early tiers. My only stress is convincing Miss Mashedonmud that we need to go again. I'll ply her with wine, hopefully enough to use her debit card too. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I got in and secured a tier 2 with 24 seconds left on the clock. Almost as stressful as Glasto, fortunately a little more successful.

We also had a needlessly stressful time. My friend got three tier 2's reserved and then started having an argument with her bf over fb chat about whether or not she would be able to get half a day off to come on an earlier coach with us. Then when that was finally agreed, her card got rejected, so she asked her boyfriend for the security number on his card and turns out he didn't know what a security code was (how?)...I had all my details in the site waiting to press pay, but then she went quiet and I didn't want to press pay unless we ended up with six but my counter was down to about 30 seconds. And then finally she screen shot the payment confirmation.

Fuck me, that was definitely WAY more stressful than it needed to be!

Our other two friends actually managed complete their transaction quicker but only bagged tier 3. That sort of faffing about would definitely not work out as well for us on a Glastonbury T-Day

Edited by Sasperella