Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

My mates have decided they're going for Tier 1 tickets after this year's festival. We've all got Glastonbury tickets, but I've got 2 kids, so I am holding out for a few teases of the line up first. I know Boomtown is much more than the music - but if my wife is going to kill me, let it be justified. ?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

My mates have decided they're going for Tier 1 tickets after this year's festival. We've all got Glastonbury tickets, but I've got 2 kids, so I am holding out for a few teases of the line up first. I know Boomtown is much more than the music - but if my wife is going to kill me, let it be justified. ?

I've decided I'm definitely up for it (the Glasto/Boomtown double header sounded amazing) and just have to convince some others to partake! I think I went on about it enough at Shambala that the guys are my primary targets....I think they're keen, especially if we can get cheap first tier tickets. I hope they announce the prices soon :) 

I did also have a crazy thought yesterday of doing some sort of fancy camping option - it somehow seems more worth it at Boomtown than Glastonbury, mainly because of the extra reports of thefts from tents (although I did hear that this wasn't as bad this year). Do you know if that was all crazy expensive last year?

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

The camping at Boomtown is the worst camping I've seen at a festival. If you go for Boomtown springs you'll have to report back on the cleanliness of the swimming pool on Sunday.

See below: 

\

\

TENT

\

\

Haha ok....so I can assume from this you're saying its possibly worth it? Can't find the prices or owt online, but def keen. I was in Oxfam camping last year but it did all look crazy crowded. Obvs I wouldn't camp in amongst the craziness of sector 6 but still...

Sorry, the pic of the four lines and the "TENT" word in your post are a bit lost on me?? ?

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha ok....so I can assume from this you're saying its possibly worth it? Can't find the prices or owt online, but def keen. I was in Oxfam camping last year but it did all look crazy crowded. Obvs I wouldn't camp in amongst the craziness of sector 6 but still...

Sorry, the pic of the four lines and the "TENT" word in your post are a bit lost on me?? ?

It was supposed to be a hill 

52 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Also, does anyone know the difference between Boomtown Springs and Camp Skylark...?

They are pretty similar but Boomtown Springs had the Mansion parties, the characters/actors adding to the "experience" . you could bring your own tent or chose a pre pitched. 

Both have their own flashing toilets, bar, food places, showers, chill out areas, reception. 

Springs kinda had a mini self-contained storyline/theme of its own. A rich and famous kinda vibe. Got greeted with people carrying your bags, a glass of fizz, told to relax and have a massage etc. 

Mansion and pool - 

1536068066-sp1boomtownsprings2018-3-copy

1536068063-s5387685162617683584924506184

The mansion had DJ's and characters in there in the day and evenings.  

Edited by JBarbour

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

They are pretty similar but Boomtown Springs had the Mansion parties, the characters/actors adding to the "experience" . you could bring your own tent or chose a pre pitched. 

Both have their own flashing toilets, bar, food places, showers, chill out areas, reception. 

Springs kinda had a mini self-contained storyline/theme of its own. A rich and famous kinda vibe. Got greeted with people carrying your bags, a glass of fizz, told to relax and have a massage etc. 

Mansion and pool - 

1536068066-sp1boomtownsprings2018-3-copy

The mansion had DJ's and characters in there in the day and evenings.  

Wow, that's mental! Looks amazing! I assume you went for this option last year? Would you do it again/recommend it?

I noticed that last year you bought the whole package after the initial sale, so wonder how it will be done this time - i.e. if you have to buy it altogether or if you can get an add-on at a later date. Hopefully they'll announce all the ticket details soon! It's really not long till the first tier sale now, so I'm surprised we don't have the information already

Some friends of mine got springs for free with their press passes so I guess they didn’t sell it out this year so should be less crazy in there. I don’t my mates camped there in the end. Does like pretty crazy though. Might have to see if I can get in there next year. Nice touch that it has it’s own storyline.

I do find it ironic considering the amount of anti-capitalist proganda they have going on at Boomtown regardless it did look very cool the few times I walked past it. 

5 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Some friends of mine got springs for free with their press passes so I guess they didn’t sell it out this year so should be less crazy in there. I don’t my mates camped there in the end. Does like pretty crazy though. Might have to see if I can get in there next year. Nice touch that it has it’s own storyline.

I do find it ironic considering the amount of anti-capitalist proganda they have going on at Boomtown regardless it did look very cool the few times I walked past it. 

Yeh, it is quite weird that there's music there which other people can't access...perhaps Camp Skylark is going to be more what i'm after. And hopefully cheaper!

56 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Wow, that's mental! Looks amazing! I assume you went for this option last year? Would you do it again/recommend it?

I noticed that last year you bought the whole package after the initial sale, so wonder how it will be done this time - i.e. if you have to buy it altogether or if you can get an add-on at a later date. Hopefully they'll announce all the ticket details soon! It's really not long till the first tier sale now, so I'm surprised we don't have the information already

We did Springs last year yes. I would recommend it if you have the spare cash. 

17 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I got the Springs tickets as part of the press upgrade. it was decided fairly early on that press + some guests would get the upgrade. So either it was selling slow or they had already accommodated for press tickets in Springs.

After getting the Springs upgrade we opted for a Bell tent (so not complete freeloaders + the 6-month coverage I did for Boomtown :lol: )

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, it is quite weird that there's music there which other people can't access...perhaps Camp Skylark is going to be more what i'm after. And hopefully cheaper!

I wouldn't think about missing out on music too much  I think it was acts already playing at the festival + staff doing DJ sets to anywhere from 2 to 20 people in the Mansion. The aspects that made it good were the flashing toilets, the space to camp, showers, real beds if did pre-pitched... As well as if you felt you just wanted to relax but not wanting to go back to your tent. 

Also forgot to add earlier. Springs had two other bars and chill out areas around the site. One being at Lions Den, I forget where the other was. But they were decent. Nice toilets, bars with no queues, decent food places  

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Also forgot to add earlier. Springs had two other bars and chill out areas around the site. One being at Lions Den, I forget where the other was. But they were decent. Nice toilets, bars with no queues, decent food places  

The other was to the left of Banghai Tower

Boomtown just replied to my comment on FB asking when ticket details would be announced - they said they're just finalising the details and they would release details on Friday :)

Had dinner last night with my Boomtown accomplice from last year, and she said she decided she's not going to worry about money and will definitely buy a ticket rather than volunteering - as she pointed out, we should have both submitted our PhDs by then and it's not every summer you get to celebrate such a thing. A hedonistic Glastonbury/Boomtown double header seems more than appropriate given the circumstances! :drinks:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Boomtown just replied to my comment on FB asking when ticket details would be announced - they said they're just finalising the details and they would release details on Friday :)

Had dinner last night with my Boomtown accomplice from last year, and she said she decided she's not going to worry about money and will definitely buy a ticket rather than volunteering - as she pointed out, we should have both submitted our PhDs by then and it's not every summer you get to celebrate such a thing. A hedonistic Glastonbury/Boomtown double header seems more than appropriate given the circumstances! :drinks:

Having worked it with Oxfam last year I feel like I need a ticketed one to get to know the place better. Once I have properly found my way round properly by having the whole weekend to myself, then I won’t mind working it again.

15 hours ago, amfy said:

Having worked it with Oxfam last year I feel like I need a ticketed one to get to know the place better. Once I have properly found my way round properly by having the whole weekend to myself, then I won’t mind working it again.

Yeh me too. I particularly want to feel like I have time to follow the story more and do one of the mazes. Last year I had the constant "oh I have to go back to my shift soon..." which was a shitter because it meant that I couldn't get anywhere near as drunk as I would have liked, but also meant that I was desperate to maximise all the time off with no chilling. Granted though, there's a good chance that I would do that anyway (if my approach to Glastonbury is anything to go by), but I think replacing my 8am-4pm shift on the Friday with a proper explore around copper county/old town and being immersed in some of the mazes would do the trick nicely :)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, mr flow said:

Chapter 11 ticket info released

https://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/info/tickets/

Am I being a total idiot, or is the information about how many tickets you can buy in one transaction not there? 

Am I right in thinkings its four? And that you have to have the names and emails of all four people when you buy them?

11 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Am I being a total idiot, or is the information about how many tickets you can buy in one transaction not there? 

Am I right in thinkings its four? And that you have to have the names and emails of all four people when you buy them?

In previous years it had always been 4 per order.

You can change the names and email addresses nearer the time if you need to, but you will need to at least put something down when buying.