Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

I guess it goes without saying that I'll be attending in 2019? ?

I have actually been working this evening on putting together some information on **spammy link removed**  on my blog page. I'm planning to keep it up to date with all the latest, but it's still a work in progress so be nice.

It'll certainly be interesting to find out what happens with ticket prices this year, and VIP packages like Boomtown Springs. There was a lot of fiddling with the prices this year, so I assume they might go out initially at higher prices this year...

I assume we will find that kind of stuff out in the next month or two before ticket onsale ?

Anyone want to bet if another capacity increase application attempt is made this year? I'm thinking it seems like a sure thing. They seem to have ironed out a lot of the concerns that were cited when the 80k license was rejected.

Edited by eFestivals

Yup, I can see myself getting a first tier ticket. Line up is just a bonus but the festival seems to be expanding in a musical direction that I like so have no doubt that there will be enough for me to miss because I'm chasing my tail through one of the mazes.

And I will make the meet next year (the real one with more than 2 people probably just sat about 15m away from where we were intending to be (no offence @Sasperella))

21 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Yup, I can see myself getting a first tier ticket. Line up is just a bonus but the festival seems to be expanding in a musical direction that I like so have no doubt that there will be enough for me to miss because I'm chasing my tail through one of the mazes.

And I will make the meet next year (the real one with more than 2 people probably just sat about 15m away from where we were intending to be (no offence @Sasperella))

I am of course massively offended...If they really were all so close by I can only assume that my chat was so engaging that you failed to see everyone else :P

I think I might also snap up at a tier 1....my experience at Shambala proved that, despite having a great time catching up with friends etc, it's the crazy, full-on hecticness of fests like Boomtown and Glasto where I'm scared to eat/shower/sleep/blink in case I miss something amazing that keeps me coming back for more.

I reckon I've banged on about the brilliance of Boomtown so much to my standard Glasto crew that I should even have a few extras to be also dragged along to the REAL efests meet-up

Going by this years line-up, if next year gets anything but close it will be very strong. The good thing about Boomtown is its not all about the line up though.

Here's my 2 cents on who I'd like to see at BOOMTOWN next year.

Lions Den: Chase and Status, BBK, Orbital, Underworld, Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy

Town Center: Papa Roach, Slaves, Don Broco, Korn, The Street.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:18 PM, Sku said:

Anyone want to bet if another capacity increase application attempt is made this year? I'm thinking it seems like a sure thing. They seem to have ironed out a lot of the concerns that were cited when the 80k license was rejected.

Undoubtedly they'll want to make it bigger, its surrounded by nothing but farm land. I suspect another change they'll be making is a substantial area change as this year marked the conclusion of the Bang-Hai saga.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 6:02 PM, Radi0Head said:

Lions Den: Chase and Status, BBK, Orbital, Underworld, Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy

Town Center: Papa Roach, Slaves, Don Broco, Korn, The Street.

I'd be so down with this

On 8/30/2018 at 11:18 PM, Sku said:

There was a lot of fiddling with the prices this year, so I assume they might go out initially at higher prices this year...

Do we have any idea how much cheaper the tier 1 tickets usually are?

On 9/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, Sasperella said:

Do we have any idea how much cheaper the tier 1 tickets usually are?

This was the price structure for 2018. It's potentially quite a large saving, but I think the difference might be narrower next time.

Initial release:
-Tier 1: £176
-Tier 2: £191
-Tier 3: £216
-Coach Traveler Tier 1: £191

Later Release:
-Full Price: £236
-Coach Traveler Tier 2: £216
-Boomtown Springs VIP ticket: £480

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, willutalk said:

Would luuuv a Massive Attack set in the  Lions Den. Surprised it’s never happened before to be honest, but it would be sheer class, and go down very well with the crowd there. 

Definitely, one of the groups which really got me into music in the first place. They're always doing festivals, especially on the continent. What is more they have the right character for Boomtown.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

After yesterday's Glasto coach sale ticket nightmare I've almost resigned myself to the fact that Boomtown is going to be the one in 2019, and not Glastonbury....

And actually, that isn't so bad :D Although obviously, I have a strong preference for both. 

I hear if you say 'Michael Eavis' three times in the mirror at midnight you're guaranteed tickets.

I've heard the Boomtown ticket sale is worse than Glastonbury. Boom tier 1 sold out in 5 minutes last year. Not trying to put you on edge or anything… regardless I'm finding my way in too both by any means necessary...

2 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

I hear if you say 'Michael Eavis' three times in the mirror at midnight you're guaranteed tickets.

I've heard the Boomtown ticket sale is worse than Glastonbury. Boom tier 1 sold out in 5 minutes last year. Not trying to put you on edge or anything… regardless I'm finding my way in too both by any means necessary...

Yeh, I imagine getting a tier 1 ticket will be worse, but that's just because there aren't many of them. They didn't sell out until April or something last year, so there should be plenty of time as long as you know you want one at the get go - I ended up volunteering last year because my mates couldn't get their shit together quick enough to decide if they wanted to come. I can't imagine it being a 50 minute scramble anyway. Or, at least I hope not!!!!

p.s. I'm probably going to end up saying "Michael Eavis" into the mirror tonight just incase. At this point I'll try anything. 

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I imagine getting a tier 1 ticket will be worse, but that's just because there aren't many of them. They didn't sell out until April or something last year, so there should be plenty of time as long as you know you want one at the get go - I ended up volunteering last year because my mates couldn't get their shit together quick enough to decide if they wanted to come. I can't imagine it being a 50 minute scramble anyway. Or, at least I hope not!!!!

p.s. I'm probably going to end up saying "Michael Eavis" into the mirror tonight just incase. At this point I'll try anything. 

No way I volunteer as well, who do you volunteer for? 

You should check out MyCauseUk if you plan on doing it again. No night shifts and I only had one shift during the actual festival.

thus I’ve never had the experience of buying a ticket. I think I’ll go for the full experience next fallow year.

3 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

No way I volunteer as well, who do you volunteer for? 

You should check out MyCauseUk if you plan on doing it again. No night shifts and I only had one shift during the actual festival.

thus I’ve never had the experience of buying a ticket. I think I’ll go for the full experience next fallow year.

I did it with Oxfam this year. It was pretty savage though....Wednesday 4-12pm, Friday 8am-2pm and Sunday 00-8am. It meant that I couldn't relax and enjoy the festival, as I was always worried about being too drunk/wasted/tired during shift. Also shifts were either tediously boring or horrendously stressful. I think I want to do it properly next year, regardless of what happens with Glastonbury. Although, if a load of us fail to get G tickets, I can probably persuade more people that Boomtown is a goer.

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I did it with Oxfam this year. It was pretty savage though....Wednesday 4-12pm, Friday 8am-2pm and Sunday 00-8am. It meant that I couldn't relax and enjoy the festival, as I was always worried about being too drunk/wasted/tired during shift. Also shifts were either tediously boring or horrendously stressful. I think I want to do it properly next year, regardless of what happens with Glastonbury. Although, if a load of us fail to get G tickets, I can probably persuade more people that Boomtown is a goer.

Everyone I know that has worked for Oxfam says its shit, there are loads of other smaller volunteer organisations out there which tend to be more laid back just got to dig to find them.

It's controversial, but for me I couldn't say which is better Boomtown or Glastonbury.

2 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Everyone I know that has worked for Oxfam says its shit, there are loads of other smaller volunteer organisations out there which tend to be more laid back just got to dig to find them.

It's controversial, but for me I couldn't say which is better Boomtown or Glastonbury.

Yeh, in the days afterwards I also thought that - the music at boomtown is just perfectly aligned, the exact variety of music I like all mashed up together. That's what I need to go back to the farm....so I can remind myself why Glastonbury is better :D And not just because it serves brothers rather than fucking strongbow

Edit: To add about Oxfam....the worst thing was how rude the organisers were to the volunteers. Speaking to us like children most of the time. I get they are stressed, but maaaaan, there are way better ways to go about expressing yourself than they do. That's one of the main reasons I wouldn't do it again.

Edited by Sasperella