Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

In addition to all the advice on trying via as many devices/ip addresses as possible and F5'ing, and once in, you're in...

Last year I got in but the payment server had crashed - it kept timing out - but I was through the first and second gate. Every time I backed off and re-tried I was on the same payment server and so failed. So, my advice: if you're through but timing out on payment by all means retry, but also be warned that you might be wasting your time on a server that's dead.

There are 3 phases/servers/farms: initial page "we're busy, hit refresh page" - here you're waiting for a door to open, the more times you knock, the more chances that you'll be knocking on a door that opens; enter details page - you're through the gatekeeper - get your details in as fast as possible; payment server. For me the details server was up, the payment server was down. The details page/server I'd landed on was only talking to the dead payment server, no matter how many times I went back and forth.

Last time I used my Mac. I cleared the cache on Safari and then (in plenty of time) got See up and running and, as many do here, made sure I also had our details available to cut and paste. As I recall, I only had two tabs running - one on which I kept hitting F5, the other I just let run. I got through on both tabs.

1 hour ago, hfuhruhurr said:

In addition to all the advice on trying via as many devices/ip addresses as possible and F5'ing, and once in, you're in...

Last year I got in but the payment server had crashed - it kept timing out - but I was through the first and second gate. Every time I backed off and re-tried I was on the same payment server and so failed. So, my advice: if you're through but timing out on payment by all means retry, but also be warned that you might be wasting your time on a server that's dead.

There are 3 phases/servers/farms: initial page "we're busy, hit refresh page" - here you're waiting for a door to open, the more times you knock, the more chances that you'll be knocking on a door that opens; enter details page - you're through the gatekeeper - get your details in as fast as possible; payment server. For me the details server was up, the payment server was down. The details page/server I'd landed on was only talking to the dead payment server, no matter how many times I went back and forth.

See Tickets as @hfuhruhurr gets to the payment page...

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, queenelly said:

Anyone got a view on which browser is better than others? Chrome and IE have been mentioned. I use Firefox but have had little success  even getting to the registration numbers page in the past.

In short - whatever you're most comfortable with.

I've had a lot of success with Firefox, but that's not because it's any more or less reliable than the others, it's just because I use it and know it.

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Last time I used my Mac. I cleared the cache on Safari and then (in plenty of time) got See up and running and, as many do here, made sure I also had our details available to cut and paste. As I recall, I only had two tabs running - one on which I kept hitting F5, the other I just let run. I got through on both tabs.

Oh yes, I forgot about the cache trick! :)

This'll probably open a can of worms but.....

...make sure you know how to do a Host file edit.

The system is now so tight you;re unlikely to need it, but on the rare occasion there has been a DNS cock-up at See a Host file edit has made the difference for some between getting a ticket and not.

I'm not sure why (because I don't plan to go next year) but I thought I'd just check me and my wife's details. Good job too, as it had our previous address down. Have edited it now, and all is well for my attempt for 2020. Such was my resolve not to go next year that I had actually deleted my Glastonbury folder some months ago - sacrilege, I know. Now I had to create a new one again. I wonder, deep, deep down, if this means that I'm starting to buckle. It'll certainly be harder to keep my resolve as things heat up on here during the imminent approach of T Day. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I've had the same photo since 2009, remarkably I look exactly the same now as I did then. In short, I've always looked old.

I've always pictured you as Millhouse as i'm sure that used to be your old pic. An old Millhouse doesn't work as well ?

I'm blanking on delivery address. I know there's time to change it through see tickets after you get tickets... but mine HAS changed and Id love for evrrything to be in order. I updated my registration address but is there a way to update my see tickets before I actually have an order number? 

I'm getting nervous and anxious!!

On 9/5/2018 at 1:45 PM, leej7 said:

Any idea when the deadline for registration might be?

Just received this, better get on it as sometimes they get rejected.

Charm x

Hello

Before ticket information for the 2019 Festival is released, we're asking everyone with a registration photograph over two years old to update their registration photo, as digital photo technology has improved considerably since we first introduced registration for Glastonbury tickets in 2007.

It is now easier than ever to supply a high quality photo, so if your existing registration photo is more than two years old, not of passport standard, or is no longer a good likeness, to help us keep the Festival secure, and reduce waiting times for you at the Festival gates. Please ensure your updated photo is submitted by Friday 21st September 2018. Failure to provide an adequate photo may result in delayed entry to the Festival.

Edited by Charm
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Charm said:

Just received this, better get on it as sometimes they get rejected.

Charm x

Hello

Before ticket information for the 2019 Festival is released, we're asking everyone with a registration photograph over two years old to update their registration photo, as digital photo technology has improved considerably since we first introduced registration for Glastonbury tickets in 2007.

It is now easier than ever to supply a high quality photo, so if your existing registration photo is more than two years old, not of passport standard, or is no longer a good likeness please update your photo now, to help us keep the Festival secure, and reduce waiting times for you at the Festival gates. Please ensure your updated photo is submitted by Friday 21st September 2018. Failure to provide an adequate photo may result in delayed entry to the Festival.

Good spot Charm, not had that myself but maybe it is time to update the o' mugshot to be on the safe side. Can't imagine the new one will be any less disappointing than the old, but never mind :lol:

Edited by Quark

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

These days I look more like the gentleman in my current pic.

The years have not been kind.

Parenthood does that to most! 

19 hours ago, Quark said:

download8.jpg

That image is now stuck in my memory. But also reminded me of: 

Marge: I feel terrible. The Van Houtens split up at our party.
Homer: Marge, please, that was 20 minutes ago.