Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

On 8/30/2018 at 7:24 PM, H.M.V said:

Don't get rat arsed the night before and set your alarm. Make sure all devices are up and running and no updates pending. Coffee and ciggies ready. (I've quit smoking but ye never know with the pressure)

F5 rinse and repeat. Pray to whatever deity floats your boat. 

I actually normally find that getting absolutely trashed the night before going to bed somehow strangely works for me...how I've ended up with tickets some years is beyond me!

15 minutes ago, djcolsen said:

Does anyone know if you get in on an Iphone or Ipad, can you double press the home button and leave the page to copy paste the details from note pad or is it best to stay on the page and type in manually?

The best thing to do on iPad or iPhone is create custom keyboard shortcuts which can be done in settings.

i can type r1 on mine and it will populate with the reg number 

https://m.imore.com/how-use-text-shortcuts-iphone-and-ipad

Edited by Alvarhanso
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alvarhanso said:

The best thing to do on iPad or iPhone is create custom keyboard shortcuts which can be done in settings.

Thank you for this..

one year I was in an old Edinburgh b&b after attending my nieces wedding... the wireless was  up and down like a whores drawers and I managed to get it on my iPhone on 3G.. trying to manually enter numbers while shaking with panic was not fun...

my normal modus operandi is to go into work (I swear by it) but the redundancy bell has just tolled and I am due to finish up on 30 sept....

family will be dispatched to all points but maybe the iPhone will come through for me again...

1 hour ago, Alvarhanso said:

I've thought about doing this before on my Mac, but for some reason always panic it will go wrong (obviously by T-Day I'm a gibbering wreck and panicking about literally everything). You set a different short key for each reg number, right? 

Edited by Sasperella

My friend always says that sticking the page as your homepage for a few weeks in advance MAY help. I assume he got this advice from here back in the day. I've also been thinking of doing that, but I'm confused about whether the URL changes each time or not? I tried to follow some conversations about it, but my IT skills were shockingly not even up to that job

Edited by Sasperella

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've thought about doing this before on my Mac, but for some reason always panic it will go wrong (obviously by T-Day I'm a gibbering wreck and panicking about literally everything). You set a different short key for each reg number, right? 

Yep, you can set whatever you want as the shortcut. For example my Reg number is my initials, then I have ‘pc’ for the postcode and ‘cn’ for my card number etc. 

2 hours ago, Alvarhanso said:

on the booking page when it comes to post codes do you know if there is a gap for example E11 8SS or would it be E118SS

i want to have everything saved

thanks mate

1 hour ago, djcolsen said:

on the booking page when it comes to post codes do you know if there is a gap for example E11 8SS or would it be E118SS

i want to have everything saved

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont think it matters .... I wait to be corrected though :) 

Correct - it makes no difference now.

A few years ago it had to be entered without the gap causing all sorts of issues and swearing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm genuinely worried

Not the only one... I can feel the tension building.

Having been the successful one in the group with nobody else getting a sniff, I feel my luck may have run its course.

I do always wonder what the success rate is of those that are genuinely trying (ie don't roll out of bed at 5 past the hour, refresh twice and give up).

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Likewise, I've been so lucky for so many years. It has to end eventually.

Although on balance I'd take missing out this year if it meant getting one for 2020.

Lucky: 2009, 10, 11.....14,15, 16 and 17

Missed out in 2013. Didn't try in the resale as everyone I know bought a ticket for awakenings in Amsterdam - I said we should have tried in the resale, but they didn't so I relented. We haven't missed out since. 7 out of 8 isn't a bad ratio... 8 out of 9 would be better!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop