Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

Make sure everyone is concentrated on the refreshing ...no mobile phone watts apping until tickets are purchased .... all people need to put on there is .... tickets purchased for group 1 ... group 2 etc ..... unnecessary messaging means missing your place to get on the page and the same for the others in the group ... be ready to go from 8.55 too :) . and take a second just to check details when you put them in ... ive been known to put in wrong numbers cos im shaking so much ...  luckily now I get on the page in the bus sale and it autofills .......  and most of all though its Luck pure and simple 

One of the posts up thread has just triggered a memory I'm hoping some of you can help with... it was for the 2015 festival, so the October 2014 T-Day, and I'm sure there was some link leaked early that allowed you to enter your details ahead of time. I'm positive of it in fact. I think I had my details all filled in and then just waited until the hour and pressed send.

Oddly, this memory has made me feel less confident about my chances, not more, because that was clearly a fluke occurrence that does nothing for my total success rate. 

19 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Don't get rat arsed the night before and set your alarm.

Fucksticks. I'm at a wedding reception the night before the presumed date (if the tix indeed go on sale October 6th). I've already planned for this eventuality but hey - you never know.

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

One of the posts up thread has just triggered a memory I'm hoping some of you can help with... it was for the 2015 festival, so the October 2014 T-Day, and I'm sure there was some link leaked early that allowed you to enter your details ahead of time. I'm positive of it in fact. I think I had my details all filled in and then just waited until the hour and pressed send.

Oddly, this memory has made me feel less confident about my chances, not more, because that was clearly a fluke occurrence that does nothing for my total success rate. 

I think it was hoped it would work but didn't? I have vague memories of Scotty not shutting his computer down for about a week beforehand so he didn't lose the page?

Was that the year there was some issue with one of the See servers not allowing general access, but someone here managed to get in and lots of people with the tech knowledge managed to bag tickets before See realised their mistake and fully opened it up to the waiting hoards?  

I could be mistaken about this as my knowledge of all things 21st century is very limited and i didn't really understand what was happening at the time but this is what i seemed to remember going on one year.

I've managed to get tickets 7 out 8 times I've tried, I've never managed to get on here ahah. Does being GOLD help that? 

EDIT- remembered I only got tickets in 2010 because of that random November secret sale that I found out from here so I guess that doesn't count. And 2009 doesn't really count either.

Edited by priest17

I guess having a decent rep on here or having been on here a while might make people seem more trustworthy ? if people are willing to help others, not sure my username helps me on that score though ... as for Gold I dont think Gold membership stands out to other members so doubt it ...... But sign up anyway its very good value for money and helps keep the site going :) 

On 8/30/2018 at 9:41 PM, Quark said:

You rang? :hi:

This was my take on it. Worth checking the thread as there were a few other bits that got picked up as well.

"Get better friends" :lol: 

Day 3 of Shambala this year I had my head on a bench table in despair, repeatedly brokenly muttering "but you just don't understand" after trying in vein to explain to some T-Day virgins the difficulty with the six-people teams and entering reg numbers and repeatedly smashing the fucking refresh button if you don't have mates that work on Glasto "security" and can break you in (which they've done in the two previous years, but aren't this year for reasons I don't recall). I think at that point they may have thought THEY needed a better friend, but they will understand come T-Day (and hopefully at least 2-3 days prior)!

On 8/31/2018 at 2:27 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

On 8/31/2018 at 5:16 PM, tjamest said:

Was that the year there was some issue with one of the See servers not allowing general access, but someone here managed to get in and lots of people with the tech knowledge managed to bag tickets before See realised their mistake and fully opened it up to the waiting hoards?  

I do know for sure that in the Oct 2014 ticket sale they sold out stupidly quickly...under half an hour I think...and the one person on our spreadsheet couldn't get back in and buy more (doesn't that usually work other times) and there was absolutely no joy for anyone else. Sadly I was not an e-fester then ?

Thinking about that makes me feel sick. 

On 8/31/2018 at 5:16 PM, tjamest said:

I could be mistaken about this as my knowledge of all things 21st century is very limited and i didn't really understand what was happening at the time but this is what i seemed to remember going on one year.

I got through because of this... my memory is a little hazy but I'm thinking 2013

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

"Get better friends" :lol: 

Day 3 of Shambala this year I had my head on a bench table in despair, repeatedly brokenly muttering "but you just don't understand" after trying in vein to explain to some T-Day virgins the difficulty with the six-people teams and entering reg numbers and repeatedly smashing the fucking refresh button if you don't have mates that work on Glasto "security" and can break you in (which they've done in the two previous years, but aren't this year for reasons I don't recall). I think at that point they may have thought THEY needed a better friend, but they will understand come T-Day (and hopefully at least 2-3 days prior)!

I think newbies get at least one year's free pass on terms of getting it. 2009 was my first so tickets were relatively easy to get, so I didn't really appreciate it at the time.

These days they gotta get with the plan early doors. Either take a shit or get off the pot, no room for dead weight here :lol:

On 31 August 2018 at 3:09 PM, mungo57 said:

Fucksticks. I'm at a wedding reception the night before the presumed date (if the tix indeed go on sale October 6th). I've already planned for this eventuality but hey - you never know.

One year I dreamt I slept through T-Day. I was so terrified this might actually happen, I went out the night before and then stayed up all night in order to prevent the unthinkable. Thankfully, one of our gang got in and we were all sorted, but I do get the sweats when I think about what might have happened had I fallen asleep and missed the alarm. *shivers*

7 hours ago, Quark said:

I think newbies get at least one year's free pass on terms of getting it. 2009 was my first so tickets were relatively easy to get, so I didn't really appreciate it at the time.

These days they gotta get with the plan early doors. Either take a shit or get off the pot, no room for dead weight here :lol:

They do get a free pass BUT I will be sending some reading samples as provided by the good people of e-festivals as to exactly what they need to be doing come 8.30am on the 7th! This year we have a far too many newbies and it stresses me out.

On a more positive note though: It has been a significant source of stress to me that I've only got to the payment page once (on which occasion everyones tickets had already been bought and I was sitting staring at a screen I had no need for - very strange) and thought perhaps I was cursed. However, I realised the other day that all the other times I've tried I've been in Tanzania or Peru trying with bullshit internet, and often the other people in my team were in bad internet countries also....and worse, once two of them were at airports (?????? Such bad planning that, no excuses for it). This time to my knowledge everyone will be in either the UK. I am chalking this up point up in the "Yay" category to outweigh the "excessive newbies" in the "Nay" category

WAH - While writing this I just realised it's 5 weeks today!!!

On 8/31/2018 at 11:16 PM, tjamest said:

Yes that was a server issue I believe

There was also a backdoor in 2010/2011 am sure, still got a video of the process I used somewhere.. got lots of tickets those years even when it showed sold out :)

Edited by Paul ™

On 8/31/2018 at 3:09 PM, mungo57 said:

A few years back I was on a stag do the night before. I left early.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Quark said:

I think newbies get at least one year's free pass on terms of getting it.

2013 was my first time, for 2014's festival. I woke up at about 8:55am, sleepily remembered that tickets were on sale that morning, slowly and very calmly opened up my laptop to check when, realised they had just been put on sale, tried and succeeded within 3 minutes.

The following year I realised how lucky I was.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

2013 was my first time, for 2014's festival. I woke up at about 8:55am, sleepily remembered that tickets were on sale that morning, slowly and very calmly opened up my laptop to check when, realised they had just been put on sale, tried and succeeded within 3 minutes.

The following year I realised how lucky I was.

My friend did this in the 2014 resale so he could come along with our group. We went online to help him, and he basically refreshed once, got right in, purchased the two required tickets and said "I thought you said this was difficult?" 

I don't think he's even got close to the payment screen since....

15 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Apple users; just ask Siri to book you tickets the night before. Have a nice lie-in, confident in the thought the tickets will there waiting for you.

Siri does lots for me including turning on my lights ... setting alarms .... choosing my music ... but on that Sunday she is going to be allowed a lie in !!

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

My friend did this in the 2014 resale so he could come along with our group. We went online to help him, and he basically refreshed once, got right in, purchased the two required tickets and said "I thought you said this was difficult?" 

I don't think he's even got close to the payment screen since....

I couldn't get in myself in the normal sale last time but my mate got us sorted in five or so minutes. 

In the resale I got in twice to sort two people off here, and then a third time before the payment page crashed.

Hoping for the luck this time!

Edited by vintagelaureate