Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

On 8/31/2018 at 4:52 PM, Gnomicide said:

I think it was hoped it would work but didn't? I have vague memories of Scotty not shutting his computer down for about a week beforehand so he didn't lose the page?

Just realised I never replied to this! My memory is that it worked for the coach peeps, and then people who weren't trying for coaches kept it open for the Sunday but it didn't work? Could be wrong, though...

On 8/31/2018 at 5:16 PM, tjamest said:

Was that the year there was some issue with one of the See servers not allowing general access, but someone here managed to get in and lots of people with the tech knowledge managed to bag tickets before See realised their mistake and fully opened it up to the waiting hoards?  

I could be mistaken about this as my knowledge of all things 21st century is very limited and i didn't really understand what was happening at the time but this is what i seemed to remember going on one year.

Yeah this was a different issue, an earlier year. I'm going to say like 2010/2011 or maybe even 2012 for the 2013 festival. I remember being annoyed because the advice here was to dick about with something technical, but it was my ex's computer and I knew he wouldn't want me to fuck with his settings! Still got tickets that year though :)

If it’s any use to anybody regarding being in multiple groups, I got caught out by this in the main sale last time.

Despite what the ts and cs say, the system will allow the same reg to be entered twice at the enter registration page screen and allow you both to advance to the payment screen, it is at this point that whoever physically pays first fucks the rest of the other group up.

We had a mate in our group who was apparently unwittingly in another group as well. We both must have got the enter reg page screen at about the same time, so at this stage it didn’t flag anything up, but the other group must have managed to pay fractionally before I had the chance to. The end result was that it came up with message saying registration number xxxxx already has a ticket and you are now timed out for 10 minutes.

basically it screwed our chances as it sold out before our registrations were unlocked again.

I queried the situation with Glastonbury because the ts and cs state that if an attempt has been made against a registration it will warn you, in other words if you get to the enter registration page and somebody already has for one of your registrations it will tell you at that point, so you aren’t completely fucked and can just delete that reg, but that clearly isn’t the case. Their response was that funny things happen with such high volumes of traffic!

So the long and the short of it is be very careful of people who might be in other groups.

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If it’s any use to anybody regarding being in multiple groups, I got caught out by this in the main sale last time.

Despite what the ts and cs say, the system will allow the same reg to be entered twice at the enter registration page screen and allow you both to advance to the payment screen, it is at this point that whoever physically pays first fucks the rest of the other group up.

We had a mate in our group who was apparently unwittingly in another group as well. We both must have got the enter reg page screen at about the same time, so at this stage it didn’t flag anything up, but the other group must have managed to pay fractionally before I had the chance to. The end result was that it came up with message saying registration number xxxxx already has a ticket and you are now timed out for 10 minutes.

basically it screwed our chances as it sold out before our registrations were unlocked again.

I queried the situation with Glastonbury because the ts and cs state that if an attempt has been made against a registration it will warn you, in other words if you get to the enter registration page and somebody already has for one of your registrations it will tell you at that point, so you aren’t completely fucked and can just delete that reg, but that clearly isn’t the case. Their response was that funny things happen with such high volumes of traffic!

So the long and the short of it is be very careful of people who might be in other groups.

So everyone has to be in unique groups then? And you should all try for your own group before changing to try for a different group?

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I queried the situation with Glastonbury because the ts and cs state that if an attempt has been made against a registration it will warn you, in other words if you get to the enter registration page and somebody already has for one of your registrations it will tell you at that point, so you aren’t completely fucked and can just delete that reg, but that clearly isn’t the case.

Hmmm. Different experience for me. I had that issue with a second batch of tickets for 2016, where 2 of the people had already had tickets bought for them by someone else. I was able to just delete them from the booking form and then proceed with the rest of the booking without any problems. There was no being frozen out for 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Hmmm. Different experience for me. I had that issue with a second batch of tickets for 2016, where 2 of the people had already had tickets bought for them by someone else. I was able to just delete them from the booking form and then proceed with the rest of the booking without any problems. There was no being frozen out for 10 minutes.

yep I was about to post the same 

12 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Me too, but it still let us get to payment screen - we were really lucky in that we got back in immediately and got tickets. If we hadn't, I would've been livid with the guy that messed it up!!

16 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

The situation you're describing is quite different though. He's talking about the transactions happening pretty much simultaneously, so both attempts are past that point before anyone has a ticket.

23 minutes ago, incident said:

The situation you're describing is quite different though. He's talking about the transactions happening pretty much simultaneously, so both attempts are past that point before anyone has a ticket.

I guess the plan here would be to get all the tickets in your group (i.e not have two randoms who might be part of another group) then once done go for the other two. If you pop the random two into your group then you run this risk of getting bounced. 

Group bookings are very simple ?

Say you have 15 people. Sort out the groups into pots. 

Pot A has the 6 people who've attended the most Glastonbury's

Pot B has the next 6 people ranked in terms of Glastonbury attendances

Pot C has the remaining 3

If you have some complications like someone in A only will go as long as someone in B is going, then move both to Pot C. Then move two people from Pot C into Pot A and Pot B to fill up the 6 spaces. Now A, B and C buys for itself and then once one group is in they try for another, so A tries for B, B tries for C and C tries for A. Obviously C is a small group of 3 so if they are the first to get in, then it makes sense to move 3 from either Pot A or Pot B into Pot C so that you are maximising your tickets. Once Pot C has purchased, you have 3 in Pot A and 6 in Pot B. Everyone from C tries for A and B, A and B try for themselves. If A is the next to get to the booking page, move 3 from Post B into Pot A unless you have a group of 4 who want to go together.  Once A are all purchased, everyone tries for B.

Simple init ?

hqdefault.jpg.cfaa6ea0a7a94df08189de6883efbfb3.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

If you have some complications like someone in A only will go as long as someone in B is going, then move both to Pot C. Then move two people from Pot C into Pot A and Pot B to fill up the 6 spaces. Now A, B and C buys for itself and then once one group is in they try for another, so A tries for B, B tries for C and C tries for A. Obviously C is a small group of 3 so if they are the first to get in, then it makes sense to move 3 from either Pot A or Pot B into Pot C so that you are maximising your tickets. Once Pot C has purchased, you have 3 in Pot A and 6 in Pot B. Everyone from C tries for A and B, A and B try for themselves. If A is the next to get to the booking page, move 3 from Post B into Pot A unless you have a group of 4 who want to go together.  Once A are all purchased, everyone tries for B.

Simple init ?

shit.... ive got to find 7 more friends.!

9 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Simple init ?

....and that's Numberwang!

34 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Simple init ?

Needs an mnemonic -  Alexander Bell Called Adam Buxton But Couldn't Concentrate As Cafu And BobHolness Abandonded Bendy Buses Accurately. Brexit. ABCABBCCACBABBAB.  

5 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If it’s any use to anybody regarding being in multiple groups, I got caught out by this in the main sale last time....

37 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

The chance of that though eh?!

Actually, this pretty much happened to fuck one of our groups over in 2014. I'm not sure if they actually got timed out, but as soon as they'd faffed about trying to sort it out, tickets had sold out.....I'd feel pretty terrible if it was my details being in another group that stopped my friends from going!

Definitely just have a team and stick with it, once you have your tickets secure, everyone try for another "team" but ideally not individuals. Hence the need for a bloody great spreadsheet :)

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

Simple init ?

Doesn't this create the exact risk you're trying to avoid? With 3 people from A/B now also in C, you're potentially blocking one or the other from going through at the critical time.

Just to echo earlier advice about briefing any inexperienced ticket buyers we’ll in advance of possibilities of what to expect during the process, e.g. holding screens, blank screens, getting through easily etc and what to do with any of the above so as to Limit the WhatsApp or other messages occurring during the sale which can be a distraction and an annoyance especially if you’re also trying on your phone. Ensuring that all people are organised into pre agreed groups so you can confidently proceed through inputting registrations and payment and know that the system itself should stop you at the 11th hour if a friend has already got through, rather than distracting messages about people putting in payment details etc. 

19 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Interesting and also good to be aware of not just to ensure people aren’t in other groups, but also if you’re buying for multiple groups, this could set you back in proceeding to try for another group of friends once your group has successfully got there’s (as in Keithy’s simple ABC scenario above)