Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Does anyone recall when they announced the ticket day and info last time around? I'm presuming if it's 7th October this will be confirmed soon?

@theglastothingy provided the following previous dates on Twitter:

For the last 5 festivals ticket sale dates were announced:

• 12th September
  • 18th September
  • 15th September
  • 16th September
  • 20th June

which means we are still early for an announcement. Feels like we should get it much sooner!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

• 12th September
  • 18th September
  • 15th September
  • 16th September
  • 20th June

which means we are still early for an announcement. Feels like we should get it much sooner!

I'm going for Monday 17th this year...any earlier will be a bonus.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Charm said:

Just received this, better get on it as sometimes they get rejected.

Charm x

Hello

Before ticket information for the 2019 Festival is released, we're asking everyone with a registration photograph over two years old to update their registration photo, as digital photo technology has improved considerably since we first introduced registration for Glastonbury tickets in 2007.

It is now easier than ever to supply a high quality photo, so if your existing registration photo is more than two years old, not of passport standard, or is no longer a good likeness, to help us keep the Festival secure, and reduce waiting times for you at the Festival gates. Please ensure your updated photo is submitted by Friday 21st September 2018. Failure to provide an adequate photo may result in delayed entry to the Festival.

Updated my photo, confirmation back within 30 minutes or so, do they have some dedicated photo-checker just waiting there!??!

Edited by Avalon_Fields

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Updated my photo, confirmation back within 30 minutes or so, do they have some dedicated photo-checker just waiting there!??!

Oh god...I updated my photo too this morning and still I don't have a confirmation and now I'm freaking out for literally no reason after reading your post...

T-Day madness getting into full swing over here

42 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Oh god...I updated my photo too this morning and still I don't have a confirmation and now I'm freaking out for literally no reason after reading your post...

T-Day madness getting into full swing over here

I waited 24hrs :) no panicking needed ..........................................yet 

On 9/5/2018 at 2:46 PM, Quark said:

Checked again for the 5th time this year. Amazingly nothing in there has magically become incorrect in the last fortnight. 

I've only checked three times.! I'm feeling i'm not as mad as I thought now I know I'm not alone.

Or am I not commited enough?

Shit, when is a photo out of date,

Best go check.........

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I reckon they will do at this time of year.

But also, the fact they're full-on with the database still at Seetickets, it pretty much confirms See will be doing the sale again (there's been rumours they won't).

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon they will do at this time of year.

But also, the fact they're full-on with the database still at Seetickets, it pretty much confirms See will be doing the sale again (there's been rumours they won't).

The one I contributed to  ? by stupidly believing the rival site ? hope not .... did correct myself as soon as I knew otherwise ... sorry about that folks 

5 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

• 12th September
  • 18th September
  • 15th September
  • 16th September
  • 20th June

#AHTT

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to ensure I get up early enormity go after the reception - my other half drives now so we’re taking her laptop, my tablet and our phones with us. Our hotel has Wi-fi thank god. We’ll be fine I’m sure!

only thing is I’m off to Morocco for 2 weeks starting a week today so I’ll miss the build up on here. Probably for the best! Squeaky bum time and all that

10 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Being a complete technophobe and only turning on my laptop for Tday, how do I clear Cache? And why do I need to? And how do I stop updates from happening when I turn it on? (I will do all updates a week before but I brick it that it’ll start playing silly buggers!) 

Find the browser you use on this list and follow the instructions:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/

Are you on Windows 10?

https://uk.pcmag.com/windows-10/116245/feature/how-to-delay-major-windows-10-updates

This thread is bringing me out in a reet sweat. We get back from our honeymoon the night before (if indeed they do go on sale 7 Oct)...having got engaged at Glastonbury last year ? I really hope I don't have t-day anxiety while we're away! Think we will head to my partner's office as we managed to get tickets doing that last year. 

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

I clicked on that and it gave me a free cookie ... lovely ... not sure how i download it and get to eat it though :)

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanx for the help, but I have no idea what I’m on ? How do I even find that out? 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Thanx for the help, but I have no idea what I’m on ? How do I even find that out? 

Do you use Firefox? Cache is in “history” in the top menu. (History>clear recent history & make sure the cache box is checked)

for Internet Explorer see

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141