Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

2009, 10, 11.....

14,15, 16 and 17

Missed out in 2013. Didn't try in the resale as everyone I know bought a ticket for awakenings in Amsterdam - I said we should have tried in the resale, but they didn't so I relented. We haven't missed out since. 7 out of 8 isn't a bad ratio... 8 out of 9 would be better!

Ironically the only festival I've missed in the last 15 years was the one that didn't sell out - 2008. I was up for it but my mates weren't based on the lineup. We saw Radiohead at Old Trafford instead in retrospect it was the right call.

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ironically the only festival I've missed in the last 15 years was the one that didn't sell out - 2008. I was up for it but my mates weren't based on the lineup. We saw Radiohead at Old Trafford instead in retrospect it was the right call.

I had a phenominal time in 2008...are you sure you made the right call? ?

On 9/3/2018 at 4:10 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I was up for it but my mates weren't based on the lineup.

Your mates need to be reminded tha there's no such thing as a bad line up at Glastonbury if they ever say that again. It's to big to not find something to like. In fact I love the discovering when main stages don't float ya boat.

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

Your mates need to be reminded tha there's no such thing as a bad line up at Glastonbury if they ever say that again. It's to big to not find something to like. In fact I love the discovering when main stages don't float ya boat.

Especially as the year in question, 2008, had possibly the all time greatest Glastonbury set/moment. And it wasn't even on TV.

3 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

True, but it was ten years ago and that lineup was VERY heavy on landfill indie and nu rave. 

That Radiohead gig more than compensated. 

24 minutes ago, eh1414 said:

If (when) you get through, what info do you need to give?? First time trying so wondering what’s needed in a spreadsheet etc. Nervous even for first time. :ph34r:

Just the reg number and post code I think usually. Preparation and perseverance  is key to success , don't give up on pressing f5 until you are successful or all hope is lost..(you will be successful tho!)

19 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Just the reg number and post code I think usually. Preparation and perseverance  is key to success , don't give up on pressing f5 until you are successful or all hope is lost..(you will be successful tho!)

yeah hopefully we have an advantage with knowing what to expect, good luck!

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

But you missed this: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/leonard-cohen/2008/worthy-farm-pilton-england-2bd03802.html which is still my all time favorite Glastonbury moment.  Each to their own I suppose ?

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Interesting...

Well it's not - Im just sad

You're sad? I actively look this shit up.

The earlier announcement was after the last fallow year. Do you think they were worried people may have forgotten about the festival? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3