Idiot guide for ticket day

Skelts

Has anyone put together an idiot guide for friends and family they’ve roped in to help with the maddening desperation of ticket day?

Care to share?

Planning on getting as many people as possible to help this year and a lot of them have no idea what it’s like!

Don't get rat arsed the night before and set your alarm. Make sure all devices are up and running and no updates pending. Coffee and ciggies ready. (I've quit smoking but ye never know with the pressure)

F5 rinse and repeat. Pray to whatever deity floats your boat. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Don't get rat arsed the night before 

Or stay rat arsed. Before, during and after. 

I find the after one the most important as it dulls the pain of failure/starts the celebrations of success. 

I guess we all have our own little rituals but I've mainly done my ticket day hanging. Totally Glastonburys fault for early Sunday morning sale. Nothing to do with willpower, mine or my wayward chums. ?

- Make sure you have properly checked the full registration details for everyone on your group a good few days before so that any isssues can be resolved. One wrong digit could stop your whole order going through and even cause a time out. It’s not over-preparing to have a spreadsheet!

- Get as many people as possible across different IP addresses to try. If you can enlist people who aren’t even going, don’t hesitate.

- Log in a good half hour before - Make sure you have been to the loo and have some refreshments to hand before it starts.

bookmark as many different ways into the site as you can find in the run up. (That includes here because people will start posting links once they start to get through)

Don’t stop clicking til you’ve got tickets or someone calls you to say they’ve got your tickets. Keep exploring. If you have a queue on the go - keep having a look round on another device to try and find a way round it or a shorter queue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

@Quark nailed this one on another thread, but I can't remember which thread now. Maybe he'll come along and assist.

You rang? :hi:

This was my take on it. Worth checking the thread as there were a few other bits that got picked up as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mashedonmud said:

If you meant a guide for 'spotting' idiots on ticket day...

The ones that haven't plugged in router.

The ones that think they're booking a tour of the Abbey. 

The ones that book Reading and Leeds.

Mate in 2009 getting Leeds tickets was an absolute nightmare, a proper hellish experience. Whereas Glastonbury that year was a doddle, got mine in January I think on a whim.

If there is an opportunity to get to the ticket page prior to sale day (I can't remember why but this does happen, possibly when people who have early access get theirs?), even though you won't be able to buy tickets, put in reg numbers and post codes. Come ticket day your pc should remember them after you've typed in one or two numbers.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

If there is an opportunity to get to the ticket page prior to sale day (I can't remember why but this does happen, possibly when people who have early access get theirs?), even though you won't be able to buy tickets, put in reg numbers and post codes. Come ticket day your pc should remember them after you've typed in one or two numbers.

My mac remembers them from previous years, although I go with the excel spreadsheet and copy / paste method nowadays.

Edit: I do this for my card details as well.

I still find i'm shaking like a shitting dog when i get through mind you. I might stick my heart rate monitor on for this years t-day just to see how high it goes!

Edited by JoeyT

Here's a few from 6 or 7 T day's experience:

1) Group up - If you can get 6 people together then do it, even if you wont be going with them. All you need then is 1 out of 6 to get through. If you can't get multiples of  6 try to split the groups in a large a number as possible. If you have 2 groups of 6 make sure  the other group has your details.So if one is successful everyone then needs to switch to the other group.

Last year we had 4 groups of 6, so we split it A,B, C,D. If A was successfully they then switched to B and vice versa. C and D tried for each other etc. 

If you are doing this, consider a facebook group so people can post their details and then update the group information section with the POA.

2) Note everyone's details down and CHECK them well before T day. - Put everything you need in a note pad on your computer. Reg numbers, Post codes, Card No, expiry date, and CV number. They you can copy and paste the information in and dont need to type. Ensure everyone has checked that Reg numbers are correct and the post codes match. I have to remember my reg is in my Mums address.

3) Get everyone's buy in - if you're in groups make sure people dont try to tag onto other groups. Last year on here I heard stories of people getting through but then being told the reg number has already been used by someone who'd got someone else to get them a ticket. By the time the reg was sorted the tickets had sold out. 

4) Dont Panic - if the page crashes press back and dont refresh, if you're not getting through just keep refreshing in the queue. Dont go hell for leather with loads of tabs. Just try one on Chrome and one on IE. If you dont get in within 10 minutes, just keep trying. It's not over until Glastonbury tweet its over.

5) If you're successful, print screen the booking confirmation. The email can take hours to come through so it's better to have all the references in case anything goes wrong.

And thats all I have at the minute.