Jump to content
shuttlep

Posh Camping

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

My husband and I could help you carry the tent from an onsite shop up to the field if you want. He's good at lugging. It's his calling. 

There were direct coaches from Heathrow last year too. I suppose from Gatwick the easiest way would be to get on the Gatwick to Victoria coach station bus (6quid - loads per day. though it takes ages) and then get the National Express coach to the festival out again.

 

Waffling now  -sorry!

Thank you so very much! That is such a kind, thoughtful offer! Is it silly that I'm teary eyed right now? THANK YOU. I will be going with a friend (we'll be flying Amsterdam-Bristol and catching a Northern Express coach from/to the airport), now I just have to convince (hire) her to be my porter.

I would still love to buy you and your good-at-lugging hubby a beer or two! I will let you know where I end up staying  :)

Again, thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Cosy Camper are awaiting confirmation that they'll be back. https://www.cosycamper.co.uk/?post_type=festival&p=23

I think Millets used to do click and collect but not sure if they still do.

Perfect, thank you! I'll keep an eye on the Cosy Camper website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Peroni said:

I do I stayed there last year.   It’s just outside gate  D maybe 10/15 mins walk.

if I can find it I will share the pin I had to drop on the map to find my way at home each night!

 

That would be good to see if possible please? From looking at there site it seems they may be moving this year though so i'm asking them also.

 

What tent did you have there? And was it worth the £££ in your opinion?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 2:35 PM, keepad said:

 Hi,  Anyone  stayed at Ziggu Camp?  it may be my back up plan.

Ohh btw big  hello to all of those  who went to the Efestival gathering last  year.

Hi.  I've gone for Ziggu.  Mainly due to it having fully furnished belle tents for a reasonable price.  I would never normally do this option, but it's my 40th, so it's a treat.  The reviews look good and although it's off site the shuttle service gets good feedback. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed at Ziggucamp last time around and it was excellent, shuttle worked great. Loos etc all good , bar good fun and all round good atmosphere. Fairly small expect to be a little bigger this time around , staying again next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 6:38 PM, crocodiles said:

Blimey I thought worthy view was expensive even though we go but just looked at lovefields and pennard orchard wow 

seen this mentioned  a few times - most options are about £30 per person a night. I know it's not cheap, but I certainly wouldn't call it expensive.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

seen this mentioned  a few times - most options are about £30 per person a night. I know it's not cheap, but I certainly wouldn't call it expensive.....

Sorry I'm looking at prices for pre set up accommodation.  What's the 30 per night per person for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Sorry I'm looking at prices for pre set up accommodation.  What's the 30 per night per person for 

Worthy View seems to work out at about that, if you calculate it as 5 nights accommodation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Steveod38 said:

We stayed at Ziggucamp last time around and it was excellent, shuttle worked great. Loos etc all good , bar good fun and all round good atmosphere. Fairly small expect to be a little bigger this time around , staying again next year 

Am staying at Ziggu this year in a festihut.  From your experience what was it like noise wise at night (ie will a light sleeper get some kip?). Also what were queue for showers and shuttle (both ends) like? Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jensescapade said:

Hi.  I've gone for Ziggu.  Mainly due to it having fully furnished belle tents for a reasonable price.  I would never normally do this option, but it's my 40th, so it's a treat.  The reviews look good and although it's off site the shuttle service gets good feedback. 

Sod that Ziggu haha seems a rip off. They charge per person.... so 2 people in a tent = £799.... 6 people in the very same tent = £1399

How can that be justified? Things just dont work like that unless its a bloody all inclusive hotel where they provide all your meals and food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Sorry I'm looking at prices for pre set up accommodation.  What's the 30 per night per person for 

Worthy View is great. Stayed there last year. We had 2 x 4 man bell tents.. £600 per tent. So £150 per person (£30 per night). 

Im worried far too many people are going to be trying for WV this year though... there are a limited number of bell tents etc... may end up stuck with bog standed scout tents :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Havors said:

Worthy View is great. Stayed there last year. We had 2 x 4 man bell tents.. £600 per tent. So £150 per person (£30 per night). 

Im worried far too many people are going to be trying for WV this year though... there are a limited number of bell tents etc... may end up stuck with bog standed scout tents :(

Yeah I've stayed in wv all other tents sell out really quick . We use scout tents . My query was more about how much lovefields cost as it seemed expensive . But I'm not sure of some just pay to pitch own tent caravan there . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Worthy View large enough for the tents towards the back to be annoyingly far away from the gate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is Worthy View large enough for the tents towards the back to be annoyingly far away from the gate? 

Nah it’s just a short stroll. I love walking tho so some may disagree 

We did queue one day to get into the site tho, for about 20 mins

Edited by Phoenix Girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Is Worthy View large enough for the tents towards the back to be annoyingly far away from the gate? 

We stayed in the Tipis last year, pretty much as far away as you can get. A bit of a mission after a whole day away, especially after the hill, but not overbearingly so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't believe how quickly Worthy View sold out for 2017 compared to 2015. Now WV onsale is having to turn into a military operation of its own. You snooze, you lose....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stopwn1981 said:

Am staying at Ziggu this year in a festihut.  From your experience what was it like noise wise at night (ie will a light sleeper get some kip?). Also what were queue for showers and shuttle (both ends) like? Cheers

Not too much noise from festival itself , on site depends who is nearby, bring ear plugs but don’t expect too much sleep . No queues of notefor showers when we used them , same for shuttles (last night leaving festival site about ten minutes was longest) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Is Worthy View large enough for the tents towards the back to be annoyingly far away from the gate? 

Last year we were in a scout tent probably as far away as you could get . It's a long slog at the end of the day . But take a breather at strummerville and at the bars on top of hill before you go into wv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, briddj said:

Couldn't believe how quickly Worthy View sold out for 2017 compared to 2015. Now WV onsale is having to turn into a military operation of its own. You snooze, you lose....

Yep 2016 easy 2017 seemed mad scramble . 2016 they were available all the time it seemed 2017 were gone very quick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is wv going on sale?? How many tents can be bought in one transaction? We need 2 x 4 man and 2x2 belle pod / scour tent. What’s the max number we can buy ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

When is wv going on sale?? How many tents can be bought in one transaction? We need 2 x 4 man and 2x2 belle pod / scour tent. What’s the max number we can buy ? 

Two tents per reg number. 

Based on the last couple of years on sale will be Thursday, October 25 at noon. Could be November 1 though. 

Edited by briddj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WV is great, but last year I was thinking how far it is to the tents right at the back of WV.  a definite jaunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...