Posh Camping

shuttlep

14 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Shit the bed. Could you not hire a couple of headliners for your garden. Charge people to come and watch. Maybe call it a festival.  ?

For that money I would have no issue with shitting the bed and expecting a flunky to come and clean both it and me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

For that money I would have no issue with shitting the bed and expecting a flunky to come and clean both it and me.

For that money I'd hope they would do the shitting for you too. If you spent that much I don't think it's fair to have to 'push' yourself. 

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Like 1

Love Fields looks good and I think it might be slightly cheaper than Land & Sky and Camp Kerala.

It's in a really good location as is pretty much right outside gate C & is closer than all of the camper van fields.

I've also stayed in Pop Up hotel, which has loads of different priced options but is very far away and in my opinion on the worse side of the festival to get back to.

5 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Love Fields looks good and I think it might be slightly cheaper than Land & Sky and Camp Kerala.

It's in a really good location as is pretty much right outside gate C & is closer than all of the camper van fields.

That's the one my normal crowd have an eye on for next year.  Already said I'll just meet them inside in the mornings :lol:

8 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I've also stayed in Pop Up hotel, which has loads of different priced options but is very far away and in my opinion on the worse side of the festival to get back to.

it does look good, but the Tipi village also looks decent and not badly priced

On 9/7/2018 at 4:10 PM, shuttlep said:

it does look good, but the Tipi village also looks decent and not badly priced

Tipi village looks ideal and location wise is spot on! 

I think it's quite hard to book because everyone is after it though, good luck if you go for it!! 

On 9/7/2018 at 4:01 PM, gmb1992 said:

How much is Love Fields?

On 8/30/2018 at 3:41 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Worthy View isn't really posh camping, though, is it? 

Correct!! 

We've stayed there every year since 2014. The MAIN (only) advantages are it being 5 mins walk from the car and 5 mins-ish from Pennard Hill Gate, which is the "right" side of the site for our musical and leisure tastes.

The showers are communal, my friends don't usually bother with them anyway (I do) and TBH, I prefer the compost toilets on the main site. Clean, comfortable and no smells.

Tipi Village is run by Hearthworks, based just outside Glastonbury (have a look at their website). We used them at Camp Bestival, highly recommended. If you manage to bag one for Glasto, they're ace BUT you don't get any parking advantages like you do with WV. Plus you'll get all the rock stars' adult trustafarian kids in there with you......

16 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

The showers are communal, my friends don't usually bother with them anyway (I do) and TBH, I prefer the compost toilets on the main site. Clean, comfortable and no smells.

There are never enough toilets to go round. Wherever I can I always wait and go to the long drops just after the you enter the main site, they're usually quiet and clean.

6 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Has worthy view improved their showers in the last few years? They were great (2013?), then they increased tent capacity but not the showers numbers. Queues were off putting. I went back to regular camping after that but this year thinking of doing it again.

I've never queued more than about ten minutes for the men's showers.

EDIT: Just realised that the men's showers have little interest, apologies.

Edited by Hugh Jass

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

How come Camp Kerala are able to provide a service including Festival tickets, but most of the other luxury camps can’t? Has Kerala got some close connection with the Festival?

Some can, not just Kerala, the short version is that if the landowner rents some of their (other) fields to the festival then the agreement for that may come with the right to buy X amount of hospitality tickets.

I stayed at Tangerine Fields in 2017 and can recommend them. Since I came from Canada bringing a sleeping bag and mattress was not an option for me so I also rented a bundle - two sleeping bags and mattress. Two sleeping bags is great as you can zip them together. The nights can be quite cool.

They had their own bar tent, concessions stand and little cookhouse. Everyone was very kind. They also had hotish showers, hairdryers and mirrors. It is just across the road from the Gate B entrance which is quite a walk but I just brought a small pack with me each day and stayed on the grounds all day.. 

As well as the regular tents of various sizes they also have even fancier tents and options if that is your thing. They (Tangerine Fields) are also really easy to deal with. Last year I was going to go to Greenman and booked a tent through them but then decided to do IOW instead and they had no issue refunding the reservation. As an aside IOW uses Pink Moon who were also really good. 

Edited by JacquelineS

51 minutes ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Do you require your paper ticket for re-entry from the likes of Love fields, Worthy & Tangerine? 

Not sure about Worthy & Tangerine but you do for Lovefields as it's outside the gate so you have to keep you paper ticket with you the whole weekend and they give a "passout" when you leave which you need when you re-enter. 

• Upvote 1

My mate went to Love Fields last year. They have pitch your own option. Although you have to bring all your stuff the car park is right next door.  Seems like a good option for those who want the amenities (showers/space/toilets) but who aren't interested in pre-erected gear.

6 hours ago, Jakkkkobz said:

Do you require your paper ticket for re-entry from the likes of Love fields, Worthy & Tangerine? 

You do for Tangerine & I’m fairly sure Love Fields too, just as you do for the camper van fields. Don’t worry toooo much about it though... if you lose it they give you an interview (which can be quite taxing, depending on your state!), and once satisfied you are legit they will give you an additional wristband to flash instead of your ticket. So if you see someone with two normal wristbands on, you know they are ‘special’ and not so good at keeping things...