Posh Camping

shuttlep

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Holy shit! Just trawling through this thread as my friends wants to go posh - but probably not this posh!!!!! Christ! Who are these people???

i'd imagine rich people who want to "do Glastonbury" once, and don't have a ticket. I'd also imagine that a lot are put through company accounts for entertaining clients or with some sort of tax clawback at least, making them less expensive.

no idea about those specifically, but I know loads of VIP punters at regular gigs/festivals are using either freebies to sponsors, or tickets purchased which can be written off as company expenses.

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Holy shit! Just trawling through this thread as my friends wants to go posh - but probably not this posh!!!!! Christ! Who are these people???

Ludicrously expensive - but remember that Landnsky are one of the few places that actually supply you with a ticket. Doesn't surprise me they can charge those prices when you bear that in mind.

37 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ludicrously expensive - but remember that Landnsky are one of the few places that actually supply you with a ticket. Doesn't surprise me they can charge those prices when you bear that in mind.

I agree.  There's a difference in my mind between someone who'd choose this sort of accommodation as a first option compared with it being a last resort in order to get a ticket (after missing out in the general sale).

Still cheaper than Camp Kerala!

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeh that's true! I'm not sure how I feel about that concept in general.....ultimately if you have the cash, there's a way in ?

26 minutes ago, MrMac said:

I agree.  There's a difference in my mind between someone who'd choose this sort of accommodation as a first option compared with it being a last resort in order to get a ticket (after missing out in the general sale).

Still cheaper than Camp Kerala!

What's Camp Kerala?

On 10/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, RossTC said:

That would be good to see if possible please? From looking at there site it seems they may be moving this year though so i'm asking them also.

What tent did you have there? And was it worth the £££ in your opinion?!

I can't find the map but it was less than 10 mins once you are out Gate D.

The Pop-Up Hotel (Glastonbury Festival)
Glastonbury BA6 8NB
0845 625 0767
https://maps.google.com/?cid=8013026416943057419

We had a traditional yurt with 2 people in and another with 3.  It was pretty steep £1k per person.   

We arrived on the Weds.   Which if you can remember was the hottest day of the year so far...(30ish degrees)  so it was amazing to not have to carry anything and be met by a golf car from my car to take my stuff to the yurt... the pool was a nice touch but bar the weds/Thurs we didn't need it as we moved straight into the fest each day...

Was it worth it? I personally I loved having an actual bed.  I had my best nights sleep ever and felt so less knackered by Sunday and could easily stay up late each night.

Showers okay (not a must have), toilets No issue (I don't mind the long drops so that's not a big thing for me)

Would i do it again? ...sure if I can afford it  If didn't, would I not enjoy the festival as much? I'd be more tired...But I'd still have great time.

20170622_074306-COLLAGE.jpg

59 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What's Camp Kerala?

Always been the poshest of posh offsite accommodation, where you imagine the likes of Kate Moss stay. Has its own helipad, spa, sommelier, carpeted tents with king-size beds and now in-tent heating ?

https://www.campkerala.com/s/Camp-Kerala-Glastonbury-2019-Gift.pdf

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

28 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Always been the poshest of posh offsite accommodation, where you imagine the likes of Kate Moss stay. Has its own helipad, spa, sommelier, carpeted tents with king-size beds and now in-tent heating ?

https://www.campkerala.com/s/Camp-Kerala-Glastonbury-2019-Gift.pdf

Well that was an interesting read. I particularly liked it where they list helicopters as the first method of transport.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to do this if someone would pay for me. Except for one small point - it doesn't open until Thursday?!?! Alllll that money and you don't get to go on the Wednesday??

17 hours ago, Peroni said:

I can't find the map but it was less than 10 mins once you are out Gate D.

The Pop-Up Hotel (Glastonbury Festival)
Glastonbury BA6 8NB
0845 625 0767
https://maps.google.com/?cid=8013026416943057419

We had a traditional yurt with 2 people in and another with 3.  It was pretty steep £1k per person.   

We arrived on the Weds.   Which if you can remember was the hottest day of the year so far...(30ish degrees)  so it was amazing to not have to carry anything and be met by a golf car from my car to take my stuff to the yurt... the pool was a nice touch but bar the weds/Thurs we didn't need it as we moved straight into the fest each day...

Was it worth it? I personally I loved having an actual bed.  I had my best nights sleep ever and felt so less knackered by Sunday and could easily stay up late each night.

Showers okay (not a must have), toilets No issue (I don't mind the long drops so that's not a big thing for me)

Would i do it again? ...sure if I can afford it  If didn't, would I not enjoy the festival as much? I'd be more tired...But I'd still have great time.

20170622_074306-COLLAGE.jpg

Brilliant thanks for that review!