Posh Camping

shuttlep

11 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I think I would rather be in disabled camping if possible, then if it was a bad day you could still use the transport to get around the site.

You are right, it's just that then I would have to carry a lot of stuff .. and that can get tricky too (flying in from the Netherlands, not driving)

33 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

You are right, it's just that then I would have to carry a lot of stuff .. and that can get tricky too (flying in from the Netherlands, not driving)

There is transport from the coach station to disabled camping I believe - there are threads about it. But yes I see you have to drag your stuff from the airport to the coach in the first place. Its a shame they dont have prebooked camping options in the disabled camping. I have often thought that about the family camping as well.

2 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Yeah we've had the 2 man bell tents last 2times we've been .plenty big enough for a double air bed plus enough space to have the rest of your stuff around u . Space between front of tent and sleeping area for any muddy stuff rubbish etc

How do you fit a double air bed in the two man bell? I assumed there was a pole in the middle of the tent? 

Cheers, 

I can recommend Love Fields. We’ve used their “pitch your own” option for the last 2 Glasto’s. 

Cost wise it’s around £700 for a family of four, includes parking. 

The main benefit is driving your car to the (7mx7m) pitch to set up...absolute winner. Then when you’ve set up you park it a 3 minute walk away. There are flushing toilets and hot showers, there was sometimes a queue for showers but mostly okay. Also a bar and cafe, which was okay but not really needed as you get much better food in the festival. 

Its a short walk down the field to the gate (C) and access to and from the festival was always easy. Again, the odd queue but nothing scary!

They do have other options, like airstreams, bell tents etc  but they are out of our price range...they look great though.  

Its worked really well for us and we love the ease of it.  I know it’s crazy, money wise, but it’s worth it for us.

4 minutes ago, ticketboy69 said:

I can recommend Love Fields. We’ve used their “pitch your own” option for the last 2 Glasto’s. 

Cost wise it’s around £700 for a family of four, includes parking. 

The main benefit is driving your car to the (7mx7m) pitch to set up...absolute winner. Then when you’ve set up you park it a 3 minute walk away. There are flushing toilets and hot showers, there was sometimes a queue for showers but mostly okay. Also a bar and cafe, which was okay but not really needed as you get much better food in the festival. 

Its a short walk down the field to the gate (C) and access to and from the festival was always easy. Again, the odd queue but nothing scary!

They do have other options, like airstreams, bell tents etc  but they are out of our price range...they look great though.  

Its worked really well for us and we love the ease of it.  I know it’s crazy, money wise, but it’s worth it for us.

Surely that's twice what Worthy View charge for what sounds like the same offering? Actually you get a tent at Worthy. 

Just now, H.M.V said:

Surely that's twice what Worthy View charge for what sounds like the same offering? Actually you get a tent at Worthy. 

Its a lot less walking to get home at the end of a long day, which is a big consideration for everyone, but especially when you have children!

I like taking our own (spacious) tent and camping stuff with us, it’s a home from home!  The prices aren’t that different really, I wouldn’t choose a basic option at WV and have us all crammed in a smallish space. 

Just now, ticketboy69 said:

Its a lot less walking to get home at the end of a long day, which is a big consideration for everyone, but especially when you have children!

I like taking our own (spacious) tent and camping stuff with us, it’s a home from home!  The prices aren’t that different really, I wouldn’t choose a basic option at WV and have us all crammed in a smallish space. 

Whatever works for you my friend. We're going with a caravan this time, can't be doing with camping anymore. Too hard with medical conditions. Is there no hill to your one?

9 hours ago, RossTC said:

Does anybody know where the Pop up hotel is located?

I do I stayed there last year.   It’s just outside gate  D maybe 10/15 mins walk.

if I can find it I will share the pin I had to drop on the map to find my way at home each night!

10 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Whatever works for you my friend. We're going with a caravan this time, can't be doing with camping anymore. Too hard with medical conditions. Is there no hill to your one?

A short one and not steep! The WV hill is a whole different thing, from what I hear. It is also very busy up there...it looks like hundreds of tents all pitched pretty close to each other. 

We did family camping for a few years but it doesn’t work for us anymore. 

We've stayed at Pennard Orchard twice now and just booked for a third time. Just round the corner from Worthy View. It's not cheap (but not Karela prices) but it is very good. The walk back up the hill is a little bit of a chore but not enough to put us off. We're too long in the tooth to do on site camping to be honest.

Edited by Paul_F

2 hours ago, giantkatestacks said:

There is transport from the coach station to disabled camping I believe - there are threads about it. But yes I see you have to drag your stuff from the airport to the coach in the first place. Its a shame they dont have prebooked camping options in the disabled camping. I have often thought that about the family camping as well.

Quick update: I've e-mailed the Glastonbury Accessibility team and they'll send me an access pack with all the information in the next few weeks. I guess it's all down to seeing whether I can carry all the camping crappola myself, or if I bring some stuff and buy the bulkier/heavier stuff on site (I remember there used to be a buy online, collect at Glasto shop, but not sure if that's still an option). 

Anyway, thank you very much for your help and input. 

1 hour ago, Gabi_says said:

Quick update: I've e-mailed the Glastonbury Accessibility team and they'll send me an access pack with all the information in the next few weeks. I guess it's all down to seeing whether I can carry all the camping crappola myself, or if I bring some stuff and buy the bulkier/heavier stuff on site (I remember there used to be a buy online, collect at Glasto shop, but not sure if that's still an option). 

My husband and I could help you carry the tent from an onsite shop up to the field if you want. He's good at lugging. It's his calling. 

There were direct coaches from Heathrow last year too. I suppose from Gatwick the easiest way would be to get on the Gatwick to Victoria coach station bus (6quid - loads per day. though it takes ages) and then get the National Express coach to the festival out again.

Waffling now  -sorry!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gabi_says said:

Cosy Camper are awaiting confirmation that they'll be back. https://www.cosycamper.co.uk/?post_type=festival&p=23

I think Millets used to do click and collect but not sure if they still do.

• Like 1