Posh Camping

shuttlep

Good afternoon festival folk.

after staying in Camp Skylark at Boom Town and being a total convert to flushing toilets , hot showers  and a lovely cafe.

has anyone any reviews about Glastonbury posh camping, yurts and the like. trying to find out what is best value and most fun and not bankrupt myself. Hopefully for around 6 pf us. we have a lovely bell tent at Boomtown . The company that ran camp skylark said they do Glastonbury ever year, I am thinking they use a different name.

or is the Tipi village any good?

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Worthy View isn't really posh camping, though, is it? Not like what shuttlep seems to be talking about. 

it was the showers and nice toilets which really sold me at Boomtown. Worthy view doesn't look too bad, The tipi Village looks nice. If I did it i would really miss my camp fire though.

Had some friends stay at Land & Sky last year...quite pricey for a tipi but if it sells it they got GF Crew wristbands as the entrance is via one of the Shangri-la backstage areas. 

They had no idea what they were until I told them and they then spent rest of the festival touring all the Crew bars B)

15 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Had some friends stay at Land & Sky last year...quite pricey for a tipi but if it sells it they got GF Crew wristbands as the entrance is via one of the Shangri-la backstage areas. 

They had no idea what they were until I told them and they then spent rest of the festival touring all the Crew bars B)

Just checked Land & Sky out - wow that's expensive!!

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Where is Russy these days? He seems to have spent the fallow year in hibernation, occasionally stirring from his slumber to comment on the Nick Cave thread or bemoan the acts mooted on the headliner thread.

He's not as good as he used to be

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

How much is that Land & Sky thing then? Their website says not taking reservations for Glastonbury 2019, but I presume they have to wait for the ticket release as it includes a ticket? That's one of the advantages of these luxury options generally, isn't it?

Each to their own, but I think Glastonbury is an expensive enough weekend without paying for the camping options too so it's never really tempted me (apart from the possibility of getting a no-fuss ticket).

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

How much is that Land & Sky thing then? Their website says not taking reservations for Glastonbury 2019, but I presume they have to wait for the ticket release as it includes a ticket? That's one of the advantages of these luxury options generally, isn't it?

Each to their own, but I think Glastonbury is an expensive enough weekend without paying for the camping options too so it's never really tempted me (apart from the possibility of getting a no-fuss ticket).

£6000 - £11000 depending on the package ?

23 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

£6000 - £11000 depending on the package ?

My friends paid nothing near that....maybe they have changed things but they paid about a grand for a teepee 3 of them shared...and it didn't come with festival tickets either...I got them those in the main sale.

6 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

My friends paid nothing near that....maybe they have changed things but they paid about a grand for a teepee 3 of them shared...and it didn't come with festival tickets either...I got them those in the main sale.

Screenshot_20180831-102113.png

17 hours ago, shuttlep said:

it was the showers and nice toilets which really sold me at Boomtown. Worthy view doesn't look too bad, The tipi Village looks nice. If I did it i would really miss my camp fire though.

I'm sure that i was sat by a communal fire in /next to the Tipi Village one evening last year, and of course Strummerville is just a bit further up the hill.

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Actually, I think it was some of the off-site camping options I was thinking of - Camp Kerala or something? You get a ticket with that one. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Actually, I think it was some of the off-site camping options I was thinking of - Camp Kerala or something? You get a ticket with that one. 

Kerala was the first of this ilk I think. I remember a bunch of Kerala campers with branded brollies getting pelted with mud on the Pyramid field after the flood of 2005 :lol: