Arctangent 7 (2019)

3Dimensions

Post, math and noise rock festival in Compton Martin near Bristol. Tickets are currently 20% off until Tuesday. 

Any ideas on lineup rumours? This year had And So I Watch You From Afar, Glassjaw and Shellac headlining. Will be my first time going (and my first time camping at a festival too). Is it OK to post my affiliate link or is it not allowed?

Stephen Hill Of Metal Hammer and the Riot Act podcast has said that people are going to lose their minds when they see who it is. It’s someone who he interviewed recently and is a ‘big step up’ for both the festival and the band. Wonder who it could be?

Edited by Andre91

Mogwai

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Stephen Hill Of Metal Hammer and the Riot Act podcast has said that people are going to lose their minds when they see who it is. It’s someone who he interviewed recently and is a ‘big step up’ for both the festival and the band. Wonder who it could be?

Mogwai? Sigur Ros? What about MBV?

Ehhh, not really that interested in them but are any of those things that Stephen Hill even said true? I mean, I guess you could argue that they're the biggest band they've had but it's not like they're that much bigger than Glassjaw. I wouldn't say it's a huge step up for the band either nor have I seen that many people "losing their minds" over it.

Edited by justanothername

• 1 month later...

Have seen from Si's E-mail Newsletter have the Friday Night Headliner has been booked but can't disclose who it can be until next year.

They've said it is an act they've been trying to book for 6 years, i know that still identifies about 100 possibilities but would that specifically suggest anything?

My guess is that it would be more on post-rock side of genres than the acts they have booked recently if it's been discussed for so long. It screams Mogwai but that's more a pipe-dream for the organisers and something the band themselves can take it or leave.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...