First time at Truck and had a great time. Went with a group of friends, some go every year and some had never been to a festival before! Camping wise it was very spacious, tonnes of room all around us as well. Thought the food was reasonably priced with some decent variety but the alcohol was horrifically expensive. Security took cans off my friends when they arrived because between the 4 of them they were "2 cans over" which seems completely ridiculous.

Music wise thought the sound on the main stage was a bit iffy, but sounded much better on the Sunday and for the headliners. Leaving was a complete nightmare though, is it like that every year?

Would definitely go back next year, considering the price of tickets and lineup it's a fantastic festival.

12 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Glastonbury is weird and doesn't work like any other festival, at the end of the day it's a business and it's aim is to make money so price increases will happen whether its the same time or a few years later than other festivals

11 hours ago, jamjar said:

Great festival but they don't have to pay as much for artists as others so save a lot of £. 

See also 2000 trees. It’s only because the festival was taken over by Global that the no drinks in the arena became a thing. Due to becoming a commercial money making machine rather than an independent festival that’s core values were putting on a good festival.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

See also 2000 trees. It’s only because the festival was taken over by Global that the no drinks in the arena became a thing. Due to becoming a commercial money making machine rather than an independent festival that’s core values were putting on a good festival.

Yep, and Bearded Theory. No restrictions on taking your own alcohol in to either campsites or arena - instead they encourage you to use the bars by providing a great range at a sensible price (most were £4 a pint this year) and as a result the bars were well patronised.

3 hours ago, foolee said:

But they are getting bit bands playing now that it's a corporate machine and let's not forget the festival might not even still exist if it wasn't for that.

2000trees may go the same way at some point, like I said sooner or later it'll happen

2 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

But they are getting bit bands playing now that it's a corporate machine and let's not forget the festival might not even still exist if it wasn't for that.

2000trees may go the same way at some point, like I said sooner or later it'll happen

But some of these festivals work and if Glastonbury gave in to the corporate machine it wouldn't be what it is today. I thought Truck was a better festival, atmosphere and organised better before it was taken over as alot more care goes into the organisation of the festival rather than just being a money spinner. Lineups were still attracting big acts too. I think the independent festivals have a niche rather than having to rely on a lineup which Truck doo. If for example indie got back into the mainstream like in 2000-2010 and say a big corporate event like Reading got the exclusives on the acts Truck would lose alot of it's customers due to being like any other but I digress. It just makes for a nice festival if you can carry your booze around with you, it also doesn't stop me spending money on bars and food as I plan for that anyway. I'm of the thinking people who don't want to spend money on booze and food just won't spend as much time in the arena at these events so I'm not sure how much they actually gain from this, the biggest gain is having more popular bands bringing in more fans and a good reputation. 

Had a great time this weekend, but there weren't enough zodiac toilets and needed to be cleaned at some point over the weekend.

Getting back to the shuttle bus was awful. Made to go around the arena, walk through the village for ages.

In the end we gave up and hopped on a public bus.  

Only issue I had with sound was for Foals to the left of the stage. Moved further back halfway though and it improved though. 

2 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Had a great time this weekend, but there weren't enough zodiac toilets and needed to be cleaned at some point over the weekend.

Getting back to the shuttle bus was awful. Made to go around the arena, walk through the village for ages.

In the end we gave up and hopped on a public bus.  

Only issue I had with sound was for Foals to the left of the stage. Moved further back halfway though and it improved though. 

Same here regarding the Zodiac toilets. Also queuing for 45-60 mins each morning for a shower was a little annoying considering the cost but oh well, showers were fine once in! 

Also had the same with Foals, started front left with awful sound. Moved further back to the left and sound was great! 

Lovely weekend! Love going to Truck and was my 5th time. Left the site about 8:30 on Monday morning and got straight out from the Zodiac/Family car park fortunately! Sounded like a horror show for shuttle buses and general camping! 

I had sound issues at main stage when in between the two soundtowers and the main stage at any large act. Decided to just stick back behind the soundtowers for two door and it sounded great.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:17 PM, maelzoid said:

So, did anyone else witness the singer from Sports Team do his one-man Karaoke show in the Tap Room on Saturday Night? For some reason, he was given the mic and allowed to bellow over the top of songs like Common People. We left when Robbie Williams Angels came on. One of the most awful things I have ever witnessed, and fuck me, the guy cannot sing a note in tune. Dreadful shit. I now hate that band, and the sooner they sink from view, the happier I'll be.

he doesn’t take himself seriously and maybe neither should you 

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Dom Wall said:

Who we saying for next year?

I was thinking something along the lines of Bombay Bicycle Club, Chic, Bastille/Richard Ashcroft?

i thought blossoms maybe? got a new album coming out, and were also above don broco (who subbed this year) on quite a few fests this year 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:13 PM, Dom Wall said:

Who we saying for next year?

I was thinking something along the lines of Bombay Bicycle Club, Chic, Bastille/Richard Ashcroft?

i thought blossoms maybe? got a new album coming out, and were also above don broco (who subbed this year) on quite a few fests this year 

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

he doesn’t take himself seriously and maybe neither should you 

I don't get why this is a sound argument. I think a band on the up should have a bit of quality control when presenting themselves in public. In this case singing lessons would not go amiss either.

12 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I don't get why this is a sound argument. I think a band on the up should have a bit of quality control when presenting themselves in public. In this case singing lessons would not go amiss either.

i don’t get what they were doing wrong first off (other than having a laugh?)- but the idea of bands presenting themselves well in public sounds pretty boring to me 😂

What they choose to do with their small amount of fame is up to them. I was there, I spoke to the guitarist for a bit, they're nice as pie. Every person I saw in there was having a right laugh. You're obviously a boring robot. Have a beer and relax, or go to another stage. 

• Like 1