On 7/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, EdJPPP said:

Going with my girlfriend who drinks gin, so don't have a big group, but in theory I could get away with 2 crates and hiding the gin in a plastic bottle at the bottom of a bag. Are the security super strict?

You should be okay yeah, they are not too strict but just use common sense.

FYI just so everyone here can see the official Truck Stance on the alcohol, this is from the website:

49d0ea47069404c3ab8f2a04ba279717.thumb.png.a960464fd65987ba953fe89d0b895fef.png

Also not sure if anyone else remembers what time we were allowed in last year?

Was it at 2pm or actually earlier, cannae remember exactly. I know it was before 3pm (the website states this as opening time) as we put our tents up and ran towards stages for Lil brother eli. Trying to plan for next week :) 

4 hours ago, wackamole said:

Was it at 2pm or actually earlier, cannae remember exactly. I know it was before 3pm (the website states this as opening time) as we put our tents up and ran towards stages for Lil brother eli. Trying to plan for next week :) 

Officially it was 3pm on Thursday last year but they did let us in about 30mins early. 

Also, Foals have had their set time extended to 90 mins 👍🏼

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wackamole said:

Ah lil brother eli, what a band!! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Officially it was 3pm on Thursday last year but they did let us in about 30mins early. 

This is fantastic news. 90 mins is much more like it. Proppa headline slot that. They got 1 hour 15 at their reading headline show, so this is going to be mega. Weathers getting me excited as well now.  

14 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Right thank so I thought that was the case. 30 mins is calm, get in queue by 2pm EZ. And fuck yeah Foals deserve a longer set, so glad to see them for the fourth time this year! it's a homecoming show and they haven't played Truck since before Antidotes released. My encore hope is on Cassius or even Hummer. Fuck would that be good.

4 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Ah lil brother eli, what a band!! 

Mate they were so good last year, really surprised and loved em, shame we almost missed em tho.

What is the one way system?

I have a hotel booked in Abingdon as neither me or my fellow attendee were interested in camping. Just wondering if it may end up being practical to leave the car there (parking is paid for) and get the bus there/back.

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

Right thank so I thought that was the case. 30 mins is calm, get in queue by 2pm EZ. And fuck yeah Foals deserve a longer set, so glad to see them for the fourth time this year! it's a homecoming show and they haven't played Truck since before Antidotes released. My encore hope is on Cassius or even Hummer. Fuck would that be good.

Mate they were so good last year, really surprised and loved em, shame we almost missed em tho.

They are class, though I am a hit biased cause I'm mates with the guitarist 😂

20 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Tony tony tony. Tragic news that Fontaines DC have cancelled - however Idles now have a longer set instead. A shit sandwich with v tasty bread :L The set times are updated on the app. 

67667036_477569579708912_6703771464551628800_n.thumb.jpg.40a1807741b17e17f4e55446883c0315.jpg

50 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Tony tony tony. Tragic news that Fontaines DC have cancelled - however Idles now have a longer set instead. A shit sandwich with v tasty bread :L The set times are updated on the app. 

67667036_477569579708912_6703771464551628800_n.thumb.jpg.40a1807741b17e17f4e55446883c0315.jpg

That's like the worst news and best news all in one go.  The app isn't showing updated times for me though.

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

😅 an interesting shit sandwich analogy 

i’m at a gig tonight but I’ll update Clashfinder later 

I bet it throws up some other clashes in its wake!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Without the app times actually having been updated, I’ve guessed what the timings might look like and updated the Clashfinder 

https://clashfinder.com/s/t2019/ 

T

App updated now, although there’s still stuff missing on it across the weekend, so don’t forget your Clashfinders 😜

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Would i be able to take a mini keg in? 

I’ve taken one before, a couple of years ago 

On 7/19/2019 at 6:49 PM, Tonybyates said:

😅 an interesting shit sandwich analogy 

i’m at a gig tonight but I’ll update Clashfinder later 

I bet it throws up some other clashes in its wake!

Cheers man! Yeah I hope its all correct, glad there is a longer Idles set and I can now see SPINN  :) 

On 7/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, wackamole said:

And fuck yeah Foals deserve a longer set, so glad to see them for the fourth time this year! it's a homecoming show and they haven't played Truck since before Antidotes released. My encore hope is on Cassius or even Hummer. Fuck would that be good.

Fuck yeah! I was right  when I said that the encore would be Hummer!  Below is their setlist from this weekend just gone. So excited for Birch Tree and a Knife in the Ocean also!

8a991a24198717858dcf2a8a788b5f8f.thumb.png.1ba2c709ae65bfe6149ce566f6e5b6a2.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackamole said:

Fuck yeah! I was right  when I said that the encore would be Hummer!  Below is their setlist from this weekend just gone. So excited for Birch Tree and a Knife in the Ocean also!

8a991a24198717858dcf2a8a788b5f8f.thumb.png.1ba2c709ae65bfe6149ce566f6e5b6a2.png

That looks longer than 90mins to me though, so I expect them to lose 3 from that setlist...

6 hours ago, wackamole said:

Cheers man! Yeah I hope its all correct, glad there is a longer Idles set and I can now see SPINN  :) 

Glad that Idles have moved the set forward too, so I can still catch Lucia on the main stage 🙂 

it’ll be a mental start to Friday, I expect a 13 or 14 song set...

think i’ll be catching Juicebox after on This Feeling Stage.

also lining up She Drew The Gun, Anteros & Yonaka on Friday 

• Upvote 1

Has everyone received their tickets now? We had the car parking pass come through a couple of days ago and I'd assumed for some reason that we collected our tickets at the gate with a print out/email of the confirmation code but looking at the email it says all tickets will be posted up to 7 days before the event.

Kinda worried as I can't access the "Manage my booking" section of the festival either as it says the security certificate has expired and Chrome warns against logging in.

7 minutes ago, The_Spoon said:

Has everyone received their tickets now? We had the car parking pass come through a couple of days ago and I'd assumed for some reason that we collected our tickets at the gate with a print out/email of the confirmation code but looking at the email it says all tickets will be posted up to 7 days before the event.

Kinda worried as I can't access the "Manage my booking" section of the festival either as it says the security certificate has expired and Chrome warns against logging in.

Yep, all my tickets and car park passes came together on Monday