On 6/3/2019 at 6:04 PM, TheMerryPig said:

I don't remember them offering coaches the last couple of years. I think it's train to Didcot then shuttle bus (or taxi if you're flush or 4-5 mile walk if you're skint and fit - madness if you ask me but you often see a few walkers): https://truckfestival.com/information/travel/

Is there usually taxis at the festival after?

I wonder when we will get the last names. What sort of date has it been previous years?

*Just looked it up and it was today last year! should have an announcement incoming soon i hope. 

Edited by Jacksamthompson

On 6/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, Jacksamthompson said:

I wonder when we will get the last names. What sort of date has it been previous years?

*Just looked it up and it was today last year! should have an announcement incoming soon i hope. 

Clashfinder updated again for V&V Stage 

??

On 6/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, Abingdon1 said:

Where do you get the times from to do the update?

It’s just history from previous years, experience and occasionally some inside knowledge. 

Times will be adjusted as they’re confirmed, and I probably won’t declare the Clashfinder as ready to go until the week of the festival 

1 hour ago, Tonybyates said:

It’s just history from previous years, experience and occasionally some inside knowledge. 

Times will be adjusted as they’re confirmed, and I probably won’t declare the Clashfinder as ready to go until the week of the festival 

apparently we are getting set times this week! 

26 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

apparently we are getting set times this week! 

I noticed that the Truck App icon had changed, so I looked at it and there was set times, so I’ve updated the clashfinder.

It may still be being worked on so I’ll change accordingly if needed 

8 minutes ago, Tonybyates said:

I noticed that the Truck App icon had changed, so I looked at it and there was set times, so I’ve updated the clashfinder.

It may still be being worked on so I’ll change accordingly if needed 

Ah great, good spot!

I’ve just found out that there’s no stage in The Magners Apple Tree tent this year, so I’ve updated the Clashfinder and reset its status as ‘print if you have to’ 

its 90% accurate I reckon, but I’ll tweak it over the next month as necessary 

12 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

So the app is definitely the set times?  Barryoke and you me at six clashing is horrendous 

It should be pretty accurate but they might change some things. 

A couple of bands on This Feeling seem to have switched days, and there’s a couple of gaps too which I’ve used my judgement to fill for now. 

and the V&V for Sunday is missing on the app at the moment so I’ve estimated time slots for now

not surprised Barry is earlier, despite being the ‘headline act’ for Rockin’ Chair, they’ll want to guarantee him a crowd, which midnight on Sunday probably wouldn’t!

in 2015 their app broke altogether and they just emailed me all the timings a week before the festival and my Clashfinder was the only thing they had that year!

Edited by Tonybyates

On 6/25/2019 at 10:21 PM, Tonybyates said:

It should be pretty accurate but they might change some things. 

A couple of bands on This Feeling seem to have switched days, and there’s a couple of gaps too which I’ve used my judgement to fill for now. 

and the V&V for Sunday is missing on the app at the moment so I’ve estimated time slots for now

not surprised Barry is earlier, despite being the ‘headline act’ for Rockin’ Chair, they’ll want to guarantee him a crowd, which midnight on Sunday probably wouldn’t!

in 2015 their app broke altogether and they just emailed me all the timings a week before the festival and my Clashfinder was the only thing they had that year!

Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you

43 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Not all heroes wear capes. Thank you

? ?? 

i’ve spoken to a couple of bands to see what times they’ve been told, and I think there’s a couple of errors on the app times, so I’ve altered the Clashfinder a little. 

The previously mentioned day swap between a couple of acts also seems to be an error on the app, so I’ve reversed it back again. 

I’d recommend printing as late as you can coz I’ll probably be tweaking it until the day before it kicks off...

I really hope they give Idles more than 30 mins, especially given Truck have promoted them as a special afternoon set. If it's just the same time as everyone else it looses a bit of the special.

8 minutes ago, Abingdon1 said:

I really hope they give Idles more than 30 mins, especially given Truck have promoted them as a special afternoon set. If it's just the same time as everyone else it looses a bit of the special.

Maybe Idles don't want more than that. They're playing Standon Calling later that night.

Buy a Thursday ticket and enjoy the calm before it gets busy.

The stages are very close together so plan to see all the bands ?

If the organisation is a good as last year it'll be great but it's a big test this year as there'll be 7,000 more people than previous years.

Make sure you check out the bands in The Barn. Last year barely anyone went in there meaning you had your own set with some great new acts.  When I saw Bang Bang Romeo there was probably only ten people in there, they're now playing to thousands support Pink.

5 minutes ago, Abingdon1 said:

Buy a Thursday ticket and enjoy the calm before it gets busy.

The stages are very close together so plan to see all the bands ?

If the organisation is a good as last year it'll be great but it's a big test this year as there'll be 7,000 more people than previous years.

Make sure you check out the bands in The Barn. Last year barely anyone went in there meaning you had your own set with some great new acts.  When I saw Bang Bang Romeo there was probably only ten people in there, they're now playing to thousands support Pink.

??

The Barn is hosting the Rockin Chair Stage this year though, so it’ll be more about Karaoke & DJs in there. 

The new bands will be on the This Feeling Stage,  TF did curate The Barn lineup the last couple of years though.

Have they confirmed official capacity this year? I’ve missed that.  

When I started going it was only 5000 

last year was around 13,000 

definitely a good shout re. Thursday.