8 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Who do people think will be in this last announcement then?

Honestly, if Black Country New Road, The Twilight Sad or Fat Whites got announced, I’d cry of happiness. They might all be a bit too experimental for the crowd though? They’re all playing gigs regularly this year though so it’s possible?

44 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

bcnr and fat whites would fit in- but twilight sad might be stretch

having said that, saw them supporting the cure last year, and were very good:));)

Yeah, seen them supporting The Cure 3 times in the last couple years and they were excellent.  and they were good on the main stage at Truck 5yrs ago too ??

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JBarbour said:

The festival has a new parent company, as does a load of other UK festivals by the looks of things. 

Can’t find anything on companies house or I’m maybe looking in wrong place ! Does this include Kendal , y not and board masters? 

Looks like it's Superstruct Entertainment backed by Providence Equity Partners (who have 40billion) 

Interesting Superstruct is ran by former Live Nation James Barton and Paul Bedford who was the previous regime in control of a lot of the fests bought today before they were sold to global/broadwick in the first place. 

Just now, luckysalt said:

Looks like it's Superstruct Entertainment backed by Providence Equity Partners (who have 40billion) 

Interesting Superstruct is ran by former Live Nation James Barton and Paul Bedford who was the previous regime in control of a lot of the fests bought today before they were sold to global/broadwick in the first place. 

I got a phone call once from James Barton, late one Friday evening, taking exception to something I'd posted.

To be fair he had a point about what I'd posted. Can't say I thought his manner and words were  ... erm ... right and proper. ;) 

1 minute ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Any ideas on which festival’s he’s bought or bought into ? 

it's sometimes difficult to understand the various documents and put the parts together, but it appears to be all of the festivals that were under the Broadwick Live and/or Global Festivals brand, which in the UK are Boardmasters, Y Not, Truck, Standon Calling, Kendal Calling, Victorious, SW4, Field Day, Lost Village, and Rewind, I think, plus a few overseas (Hideout, Snowbombing, etc).

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's sometimes difficult to understand the various documents and put the parts together, but it appears to be all of the festivals that were under the Broadwick Live and/or Global Festivals brand, which in the UK are Boardmasters, Y Not, Truck, Standon Calling, Kendal Calling, Victorious, SW4, Field Day, Lost Village, and Rewind, I think, plus a few overseas (Hideout, Snowbombing, etc).

I’m hearing not bought them all ! I mean who in the right mind would want Y not ? 

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I’m hearing not bought them all ! I mean who in the right mind would want Y not ? 

In terms of the various festivals that make/made up the Global/Broadwick Portfolio -

The holding companies for Boardmasters, Kendal Calling, Hideout, SW4, and Victorious have been at least partially updated with Companies House to reflect new owners, directors, and/or addresses related to Superstruct so we can safely assume they've been acquired.

As of now, the pages for Truck, Lost Village, Rewind, Snowbombing, Y Not, Field Day, Standon Calling, Tramlines, Electric Elephant, and the remnants of FN6 have no changes although obviously that could still be in progress.

1 hour ago, incident said:

In terms of the various festivals that make/made up the Global/Broadwick Portfolio -

The holding companies for Boardmasters, Kendal Calling, Hideout, SW4, and Victorious have been at least partially updated with Companies House to reflect new owners, directors, and/or addresses related to Superstruct so we can safely assume they've been acquired.

As of now, the pages for Truck, Lost Village, Rewind, Snowbombing, Y Not, Field Day, Standon Calling, Tramlines, Electric Elephant, and the remnants of FN6 have no changes although obviously that could still be in progress.

I would presume that’s it and the others are still up for grabs or not for sale ..........errr but unfortunately all of what are left are the tarnished ones ! Either defunct or had problems or just not selling well this year ! Crazy times ! Looks like global are pulling out of festivals! Hopefully one day they will pull out of radio ! And we won’t have to have ......... “and now from the global newsroom “