8 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Weather forecast is looking pretty grim to be honest. Thunderstorms Thursday night, raining Friday Saturday and Sunday and only around 20 degrees

You gotta be careful with the met Office website, when theres a chance of a thunderstorm somewhere in the UK it'll put on every bloody destination, if you go in the hourly bit it says nothing about rain untill lunch time tomorrow ?

Edited by Mcbatesman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

You gotta be careful with the met Office website, when theres a chance of a thunderstorm somewhere in the UK it'll put on every bloody destination, if you go in the hourly bit it says nothing about rain untill lunch time tomorrow ?

Yeah I was looking at the daily overlooks. When you actually look at it hour by hour it doesn’t look so bad.

Temperature of low 20s is good as means we won’t all boil to death, I’m just praying for no rain though as it turns the ground into a mud bath.

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Yeah I was looking at the daily overlooks. When you actually look at it hour by hour it doesn’t look so bad.

Temperature of low 20s is good as means we won’t all boil to death, I’m just praying for no rain though as it turns the ground into a mud bath.

Yeah, depends on the heat after it rains i suppose, i still have nightmares of the dust bowl that occurred reading 2009

5 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Hmm.. was there any storms there last night? Sat and sunday looks like it might be a bit of rain. Maybe the ground will still be fine?

There was a tiny bit of rain but it's all dried up now.

Searches seem pretty hit and miss. We got our camping stove in but our neighbours had theirs confiscated. I got my mirror taken away but everyone else seems to have theirs. 

33 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Anyone else have the most incredible weekend!? ?

Yes, I love that farm, I love everything about the festival, acts were brilliant, people we nice, organised very well loved it! Canny wait to go back next year again

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Anyone else have the most incredible weekend!? ?

Yep - until I lost my hearing in one ear Sunday morning!!!

Thankfully nothing serious, just constant earplug use (we do 12 or more festivals a year) had slowly pushed wax down my ear canal til it blocked up overnight.

Lesson learnt after having to come away on Sunday.

Zodiac not worth the upgrade money though - no cat swinging room, only 3 sit down loos for men for the entire area and car park further away than general camping! Another lesson learnt.

• Upvote 1

First time Truck attendee, and had a really nice time. Was fortunate that most the bands I caught were great, crowd was up for it, food was nice, and the weather largely held. Sound quality was a bit iffy on the main stage, which meant it took me a while to really get into Wolf Alice and Foals' sets (oddly a different position altogether solved the issue for 2 Door), while a few bands near the end on Saturday were a bit meh. But I had fun. Right bill and I would be more than happy to return next year.

Having stayed off site on a hotel and planned to go home straight after the Sunday bands, its probably a good thing I left then. I saw photos on Twitter of the traffic today and it looked genuinely awful.

Went for the first time this year and had a great time! I've done Reading quite a few times and the general atmosphere and crowd at Truck was so much nicer.

I'd agree that Zodiac wasn't really worth it - hour long shower queues, toilets could still be pretty gross and although it was more spacious than general camping it wasn't massively so. Was also the furthest away from the shuttle bus.

The only real issues I noticed were with security and general organisation. The crowd was surging back during Nothing But Thieves so people were getting crushed with their backs to the barrier at the sound desk. It was really dangerous, loads of people on the floor crying, children caught up in it all and no staff in sight to help anyone or monitor the crowd. Hope they keep more of an eye out next year as it really was awful.

Took 4 hours just to get on the shuttle bus to Didcot Parkway so next year we'd definitely drive! All in all it was a lovely weekend and I'm excited to see who's there next year. Hope everyone had a great time!

• Upvote 1