3 hours ago, bithwell said:

Hi everyone, first visit to truck fest this year and we are staying in the campervan section. Truck website states that we can have one tent beside us in our allocated campervan space. Anyone know how this works if the people staying in the tent are arriving separately to us and driving to the car park. How do they get access to the campervan section? 
Also are they strict on the amount of  booze you can take in the campervan?

Never used the campervan site I’m afraid, welcome to Truck though ??

14 hours ago, 23hammer said:

Does anyone know / remember how extensive the security checks are when coming into the festival? How easy would it be to bring stuff in?

that would depend on what you’re bringing in!  they have some dogs on the entrance, but it’s fairly relaxed all in all. 

Take your alcohol in when you first get your wristband and be cool and you won’t have any problems 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 23hammer said:

Does anyone know / remember how extensive the security checks are when coming into the festival? How easy would it be to bring stuff in?

Extensive enough that if you have something you shouldn't when you enter you are 70% likely to get pulled by a sniffer dog. If you fall into the 30% that didn't get pulled over, don't be like the boys I saw last year, at 3:30, half an hour or so after getting in, one tent up, 3 chairs spread out, they decided to smoke a rather flavoursome cigarette. 

It's a small festival and there were no other tents covering the surroundings yet, so I watched security follow the very clear smoke/scent and kick them out of the whole festival removing their wristbands!  However later that evening that scent was all I could smell in the campsite and there were no kickoffs/outs. 

So common sense and as Tony said - be cool. 

???

55 minutes ago, EdJPPP said:

How many crates would I get away with before they stopped me from taking it in? I'm aware of the rule of what they deem sufficient for one person, but one crate isn't gonna be enough for four days!

1 crate per person.

Now, if you strap in several to a sack truck, and have the required amount of people all next to said sack truck, in the exact same queue/ offshoot into security - then yeah you may get away with 1 extra crate. Say there is 4 of you, and there are 5 crates cling filmed v tightly in place they may not be dicks about that. But if you all manager to queue in the heat with two piled high each in your arms, you'll be putting some back in the car I'm afraid.

And you can't take visible liquid back in. I went back in with a normal bottle of fanta fruit twist which was to be mixer, placed in a sainos bag with other food on the Thursday eve and wasn't allowed it, even though it was soft drink and I made him smell it. However depends on the security because I got it in the Friday afternoon.  ?‍♂️

22 minutes ago, wackamole said:

1 crate per person.

Now, if you strap in several to a sack truck, and have the required amount of people all next to said sack truck, in the exact same queue/ offshoot into security - then yeah you may get away with 1 extra crate. Say there is 4 of you, and there are 5 crates cling filmed v tightly in place they may not be dicks about that. But if you all manager to queue in the heat with two piled high each in your arms, you'll be putting some back in the car I'm afraid.

And you can't take visible liquid back in. I went back in with a normal bottle of fanta fruit twist which was to be mixer, placed in a sainos bag with other food on the Thursday eve and wasn't allowed it, even though it was soft drink and I made him smell it. However depends on the security because I got it in the Friday afternoon.  ?‍♂️

that's what you get for drinking fanta fruit twist

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, wackamole said:

1 crate per person.

Going with my girlfriend who drinks gin, so don't have a big group, but in theory I could get away with 2 crates and hiding the gin in a plastic bottle at the bottom of a bag. Are the security super strict?

1) how long is the walk from car park to camp?

Depends where you park (zodiac or general parking), how much stuff you have and how long the queues are (if any) at the time you arrive but on a good run no more than 15/20mins.

2) best way to get booze in? Planning on bringing 3 crates and a bottle of Rum.

Firstly make sure your rum is in a plastic bottle and then stash it in with your clothes etc. should be fine. Crates are anyones guess because security are pretty strict.

Edited by ManLj
typo
  • Upvote 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, EdJPPP said:

Going with my girlfriend who drinks gin, so don't have a big group, but in theory I could get away with 2 crates and hiding the gin in a plastic bottle at the bottom of a bag. Are the security super strict?

You should be okay yeah, they are not too strict but just use common sense.

FYI just so everyone here can see the official Truck Stance on the alcohol, this is from the website:

49d0ea47069404c3ab8f2a04ba279717.thumb.png.a960464fd65987ba953fe89d0b895fef.png

Also not sure if anyone else remembers what time we were allowed in last year?

Was it at 2pm or actually earlier, cannae remember exactly. I know it was before 3pm (the website states this as opening time) as we put our tents up and ran towards stages for Lil brother eli. Trying to plan for next week :) 

4 hours ago, wackamole said:

Was it at 2pm or actually earlier, cannae remember exactly. I know it was before 3pm (the website states this as opening time) as we put our tents up and ran towards stages for Lil brother eli. Trying to plan for next week :) 

Officially it was 3pm on Thursday last year but they did let us in about 30mins early. 

Also, Foals have had their set time extended to 90 mins ??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wackamole said:

Ah lil brother eli, what a band!! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Officially it was 3pm on Thursday last year but they did let us in about 30mins early. 

This is fantastic news. 90 mins is much more like it. Proppa headline slot that. They got 1 hour 15 at their reading headline show, so this is going to be mega. Weathers getting me excited as well now.  

14 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Right thank so I thought that was the case. 30 mins is calm, get in queue by 2pm EZ. And fuck yeah Foals deserve a longer set, so glad to see them for the fourth time this year! it's a homecoming show and they haven't played Truck since before Antidotes released. My encore hope is on Cassius or even Hummer. Fuck would that be good.

4 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Ah lil brother eli, what a band!! 

Mate they were so good last year, really surprised and loved em, shame we almost missed em tho.

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

Right thank so I thought that was the case. 30 mins is calm, get in queue by 2pm EZ. And fuck yeah Foals deserve a longer set, so glad to see them for the fourth time this year! it's a homecoming show and they haven't played Truck since before Antidotes released. My encore hope is on Cassius or even Hummer. Fuck would that be good.

Mate they were so good last year, really surprised and loved em, shame we almost missed em tho.

They are class, though I am a hit biased cause I'm mates with the guitarist ?

20 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Tony tony tony. Tragic news that Fontaines DC have cancelled - however Idles now have a longer set instead. A shit sandwich with v tasty bread :L The set times are updated on the app. 

67667036_477569579708912_6703771464551628800_n.thumb.jpg.40a1807741b17e17f4e55446883c0315.jpg