20 minutes ago, wackamole said:

One piece of advice is if you've brought drink into the campsite and want it cold, walk into the arena and ask for a pint of ice, they'll provide for free. Gutted I only worked this out on the Sunday!

Great shout! Guess I'm bring some Gin then :wink:

21 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Did they say what day and time? 

Yeah, they said "we’re opening the market stage on the saturday!". Quite excited for them (as well as others)!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jonny2 said:

Great shout! Guess I'm bring some Gin then :wink:

Yeah, they said "we’re opening the market stage on the saturday!". Quite excited for them (as well as others)!

Yes hide it well! Gutted its only 1 crate per person to bring in (it was last year) think its quite unfair, and they only told us in the queue. But luckily our Trolley was so cling-filmed up that I think the old guy on the door couldn't be arsed with the faff and let us take in 7 crates as 3 people :P 

Brill yeah I can see em on Sat morn clashfinder.

13 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Gutted its only 1 crate per person to bring in (it was last year)

The website says "Upon arrival, you are permitted to bring alcohol into the campsite but only enough for personal consumption within reason."

I'm sure more than one crate is within reason, surely!

16 hours ago, jonny2 said:

The website says "Upon arrival, you are permitted to bring alcohol into the campsite but only enough for personal consumption within reason."

I'm sure more than one crate is within reason, surely!

Sorry mate it isn't, by that they seriously mean 1 crate per person. They decide at their discretion exactly what 'personal consumption within reason' means. So last year our friends split in the queue to be searched and checked by different Truck Security, they had the choice to take some crates back to car and queue again or have them confiscated, they chose to give up on a crate of dark fruits instead because unlike Reading there is one entrance to the main campsite and he queue had already taken an age at this point.

It's a shame, because of course i'd rather spend £12 on a crate of beer than £12 on two warm pints of bloody Tuborg! 

4 hours ago, wackamole said:

Sorry mate it isn't, by that they seriously mean 1 crate per person. They decide at their discretion exactly what 'personal consumption within reason' means. So last year our friends split in the queue to be searched and checked by different Truck Security, they had the choice to take some crates back to car and queue again or have them confiscated, they chose to give up on a crate of dark fruits instead because unlike Reading there is one entrance to the main campsite and he queue had already taken an age at this point.

It's a shame, because of course i'd rather spend £12 on a crate of beer than £12 on two warm pints of bloody Tuborg! 

That's evil! 1 crate for 4 day! What are they like with spirits/wine you reckon? I'm going with a couple of girls and beer isn't their choice of drink? 

7 hours ago, wackamole said:

Any idea whether its like that for Y Not as well. Volunteering so hopefully they don't bother with checks and that as much.

21 hours ago, Padre said:

That's evil! 1 crate for 4 day! What are they like with spirits/wine you reckon? I'm going with a couple of girls and beer isn't their choice of drink? 

Like most festivals, if you can hide it, do it. If its glass definitely hide it. If you know any of the tricks to get more in by disguising it in other items, do that as well haha. For wine I presume it would be 1 crate of wine?  If trying to get in more as well as the first crate, I'd personally buy a multi-pack of Ribena in cardboard box, and fill up 4 of the 6 with red wine. Same with elderflower in pastic bottles for the white wine?

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Any idea whether its like that for Y Not as well. Volunteering so hopefully they don't bother with checks and that as much.

Sorry mate not sure on Y not but assuming the same as its the same company running it I think?

5 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

I don't think he meant 1 crate and that's it, 1 crate in at a time 

I wish that is what I meant but seriously it was enforced as one crate per person last year - we got lucky because ours was wrapped in 3 different rolls of clingfilm on a trolley. The only entrance back in was to go back in the main queue all over again.

What we normally do as a group is enter once first of all with our tents clothes bag and then go back to the car for rest of our stuff chairs and food etc. At Reading there was a separate side entrance for those with wristbands on to re-enter. This is not the same at Truck, its one entrance of about 12 different queues, but on early bird they are all in use until everyone's in hours later. When you come back in with a wristband already on, you have missed your chance to bring in alcohol as the security check is within moments of the wristband being put on you. We didn't go back to the car until 11pm that night as we didn't want to miss any early bird music, and we tried to bring in one more crate and they wouldn't allow it. I'm hoping this has changed but I can only give you guys the info on what happened last year. :( 

1 hour ago, wackamole said:

Like most festivals, if you can hide it, do it. If its glass definitely hide it. If you know any of the tricks to get more in by disguising it in other items, do that as well haha. For wine I presume it would be 1 crate of wine?  If trying to get in more as well as the first crate, I'd personally buy a multi-pack of Ribena in cardboard box, and fill up 4 of the 6 with red wine. Same with elderflower in pastic bottles for the white wine?

Sorry mate not sure on Y not but assuming the same as its the same company running it I think?

I wish that is what I meant but seriously it was enforced as one crate per person last year - we got lucky because ours was wrapped in 3 different rolls of clingfilm on a trolley. The only entrance back in was to go back in the main queue all over again.

What we normally do as a group is enter once first of all with our tents clothes bag and then go back to the car for rest of our stuff chairs and food etc. At Reading there was a separate side entrance for those with wristbands on to re-enter. This is not the same at Truck, its one entrance of about 12 different queues, but on early bird they are all in use until everyone's in hours later. When you come back in with a wristband already on, you have missed your chance to bring in alcohol as the security check is within moments of the wristband being put on you. We didn't go back to the car until 11pm that night as we didn't want to miss any early bird music, and we tried to bring in one more crate and they wouldn't allow it. I'm hoping this has changed but I can only give you guys the info on what happened last year. :( 

How on earth do they know if you have already taken alcohol in or not though 

59 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

How on earth do they know if you have already taken alcohol in or not though 

Because they saw us with a wristband on later in to the day, which means we have already gone through this process earlier in the day, with security and put our wristband on for the first time (which was our one chance to take alcohol in). I'm hoping its not so strict this year because its an evil practice, but we've agreed to the Ts &Cs so they are fully in their right. 

Now if you have some disguised drinks in the bottom of your bag on that second walk in you might get away with it. It's all luck at that point. 

17 minutes ago, wackamole said:

Because they saw us with a wristband on later in to the day, which means we have already gone through this process earlier in the day, with security and put our wristband on for the first time (which was our one chance to take alcohol in). I'm hoping its not so strict this year because its an evil practice, but we've agreed to the Ts &Cs so they are fully in their right. 

Now if you have some disguised drinks in the bottom of your bag on that second walk in you might get away with it. It's all luck at that point. 

Yikes I was not expecting it to be that strict. Same goes for spirits ect? Usually at a festival I'd decant rum/vodka into an old plastic bottle as you can't take glass in, you think they'd check/take those away too? How much luck has anyone had taking drink into the arena, I only recently tried the old 'sealed' water bottle trick and it worked a charm, think I'd get away with it at truck?

35 minutes ago, wackamole said:

So you are saying if I went to get my wristband etc in the morning with no alcohol in hand, then later on in the day went to shop to get a crate they wouldnt let me take it in? 

18 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

Yikes I was not expecting it to be that strict. Same goes for spirits ect? Usually at a festival I'd decant rum/vodka into an old plastic bottle as you can't take glass in, you think they'd check/take those away too? How much luck has anyone had taking drink into the arena, I only recently tried the old 'sealed' water bottle trick and it worked a charm, think I'd get away with it at truck?

Basically yes, and technically they may count 1 bottle of vodka in plastic, for example as enough for 1 person, so hide hide hide.

Truck newbie here.  Are sack trucks allowed?  Noted the 1 crate / personal use only for alcohol discussion, but will be neat to get tent, chairs, two crates on a trolley still.  Maybe the car park is 2 min walk from camp and it's not necessary...

19 minutes ago, SPC89 said:

Truck newbie here.  Are sack trucks allowed?  Noted the 1 crate / personal use only for alcohol discussion, but will be neat to get tent, chairs, two crates on a trolley still.  Maybe the car park is 2 min walk from camp and it's not necessary...

Yeah no problem with sack trucks 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Truck tweeted something about secret sets

Yeah, saw that but not sure what to make of it, as it was prompted by someone else. 

the nearest they’ve come to a secret set in the 7yrs I’ve been going was when Spector were on the bill as ‘Ian’ until about a week before the festival a couple of years ago...

Hi everyone, first visit to truck fest this year and we are staying in the campervan section. Truck website states that we can have one tent beside us in our allocated campervan space. Anyone know how this works if the people staying in the tent are arriving separately to us and driving to the car park. How do they get access to the campervan section? 
Also are they strict on the amount of  booze you can take in the campervan?