On the subject of BMTH, I've kinda gotta feel that wherever they play now - save maybe an unexpected Glasto return - they will be demanding headline shows of the big-time nature. Really not sure how Amo will sell but if they can still crack the 35,000 barrier, that makes them a certifiable big-name headliner for R+L/Download.

If neither want them though, that outdoor show - be it under APE or not - may be their lone UK date next year, at least for festival season. They won't want to dilute their credentials by stepping down to Truck or YNot yet, even if it's where they would perhaps go down a storm.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Going for:

Main Stage Headliners:

Foals- Two Door Cinema Club- Catfish & The Bottlemen

Market Stage Headliners:

Tom Grennan- Fickle Friends- Everything Everything

Palm City Headliners:

Wilkinson DJ set- Example & DJ wire- Sigma DJ set

Gonna be miles off most likely, but it's what I'd like to see! 

The headliner look good

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 5:43 PM, FestivalJamie said:

Going for:

Main Stage Headliners:

Foals- Two Door Cinema Club- Catfish & The Bottlemen

Market Stage Headliners:

Tom Grennan- Fickle Friends- Everything Everything

Palm City Headliners:

Wilkinson DJ set- Example & DJ wire- Sigma DJ set

Gonna be miles off most likely, but it's what I'd like to see! 

That would be amazing!!!! xXx

Realistically the potential headliners are: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Two Door Cinema Club, Foals, Kaiser Chiefs, The Wombats, Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers, Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds, Bastille, Blossoms, The Kooks.

Those are the sort of size headliners I think that the festival is looking at, although they could throw a surprise at us. I would say that George Ezra was a bit of a curveball last year as he is more a pop artist than the usual indie-rock band they go for, so it will be interesting to see if they follow that pattern again of one pop artist and two indie/rock bands, in which case I think we could see someone like Tom Odell potentially headline on the George Ezra position.

If they go down the route of a female headliner(which I think is unlikely as they haven't done this before), I think someone like Lily Allen could fit the vibe of the festival quite well.

I am so excited for the first announcement, have already got my ticket booked for next year's festival!

Edited by FestivalJamie

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Early Feb looking at previous years.

My bets on Wolf Alice (exclusive), Tame Impala  and Catfish headlining. 

Truck sharing a headliner with Coachella would be a pretty big statement... Have no idea what combo of acts listed they'll go for they all seem plausible.

Wolf Alice

Catfish

Biffy Clyro

I’ve been predicting Wolf Alice the last couple of years!

still think they’re a good fit, but I don’t expect them to be playing much next year. 

Although they’re a big name, I’ve been saying Foals myself the last few months, just seems like the right time...

Two Door Cinema Club seems like a good shout too. 

Truck haven’t really recycled headliners before, so for me Catfish aren’t so likely... 

3 hours ago, Tonybyates said:

Truck haven’t really recycled headliners before, so for me Catfish aren’t so likely... 

I agree on this. They’ve never recycled a headliner before so it doesn’t seem too likely, although catfish would be such a huge ticket seller for the festival as they are so much bigger now.

However I’m thinking:

Foals

Two door cinema club

Biffy

7 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

I agree on this. They’ve never recycled a headliner before so it doesn’t seem too likely, although catfish would be such a huge ticket seller for the festival as they are so much bigger now.

However I’m thinking:

Foals

Two door cinema club

Biffy

Surely Biffy and Foals is a bit too strong, I would say one of them needs to be swapped for someone around two door’s size, maybe like Courteeners (not that i’d want that, just being realistic) or a new headliner bumped up

DMAs gotta be in with a shout. Called it ages ago. Today they (their social media team) created a gig at o2 Oxford for April 5th, with tickets going on sale this Friday. About an hour later it was deleted.

Two Door, Blossoms, NGHFB, and Foals also contenders. Vampire Weekend perhaps?

Bare in mind, YNot and Kendall are also that weekend. 

Hopefully This Feeling tent / barn will be back this year, especially as they’re bringing the night to Oxford in March!! Great bands to discover!

Edited by McCor

Just thought it was worth throwing some names into the mix for this. Truck released an "alternative Christmas playlist" a while ago and revealed that some of the artists in the playlist would be playing at the festival this year, however with no indications as to who.

Potential headliners in the mix: Fleet foxes, The killers(Too strong), Blink 182(Too strong), The Wombats, Blossoms, Wolf Alice.

Undercard: Kate Nash, Marika Hackman, Neck Deep, The Big Moon, The Maccabees

Pretty much everyone on twitter is predicting 2DCC, Catfish & Foals, however this makes me think we could be getting something completely different, along the lines of Wolf Alice, Blossoms & Fleet Foxes. 

Line up is normally around 10th February so we should be getting a line up announcement announcement within the next week or two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Just thought it was worth throwing some names into the mix for this. Truck released an "alternative Christmas playlist" a while ago and revealed that some of the artists in the playlist would be playing at the festival this year, however with no indications as to who.

Potential headliners in the mix: Fleet foxes, The killers(Too strong), Blink 182(Too strong), The Wombats, Blossoms, Wolf Alice.

Undercard: Kate Nash, Marika Hackman, Neck Deep, The Big Moon, The Maccabees

Pretty much everyone on twitter is predicting 2DCC, Catfish & Foals, however this makes me think we could be getting something completely different, along the lines of Wolf Alice, Blossoms & Fleet Foxes.

Those 3 headliners would sell really poorly? Isn’t Oxford Foals’ hometown surely they will be doing a show there? I reckon with their tour dates not having an Oxford show they’ll near certainly be making an appearance. I reckon catfish won't be doing a ton of fests this year, maybe in europe but here they will want to do arenas in autumn so probably only like one or two if glasto/reading/iow/trsnmt, not the whole medium festivals tour they did last year. Tdcc could happen maybe along with wolf alice/blossoms or wolf alice. How big are the Maccabees these days, surely they will be near the top of the bill still or I swear they were fairly high at Latitude recently? 

47 minutes ago, gfa said:

Those 3 headliners would sell really poorly? Isn’t Oxford Foals’ hometown surely they will be doing a show there? I reckon with their tour dates not having an Oxford show they’ll near certainly be making an appearance. I reckon catfish won't be doing a ton of fests this year, maybe in europe but here they will want to do arenas in autumn so probably only like one or two if glasto/reading/iow/trsnmt, not the whole medium festivals tour they did last year. Tdcc could happen maybe along with wolf alice/blossoms or wolf alice. How big are the Maccabees these days, surely they will be near the top of the bill still or I swear they were fairly high at Latitude recently? 

I agree that foals seem likely, and they would be a huge ticket seller. It's also an interesting move from Truck as tickets haven't been on sale for a while now and the next batch of tickets are going on sale once the line up is released, indicating they are expecting tickets to shift quickly, which means we are in for at least one 'big' name.

Two Door also seem extremely likely seeing as they were supposed to headline Y not and they seem like they would fit the truck vibe well, also being relatively popular, which would boost ticket sales. I could also see Stereophonics maybe filling this position as they've headlined Y not and they are pretty popular.

The third headline slot is probably going to be their cheaper option, which means Blossoms or Wolf Alice seem like a good fit. Catfish would be awesome and I am pretty certain if Catfish and Foals are on the bill, Truck are on to a winner and a quick sell-out. It's just unlikely that Truck will recycle a headliner though, making them seem unlikely and a slightly smaller headliner in the place of them more likely. 

Also, Maccabees headlined Latitude 2016 and were mid rank at Reading a couple of years ago, so they probably would be classed as 'headline' material for truck, but I'm not sure that I can see them booking them, especially as a large proportion of the demographic for truck now is teenagers and I don't think the Maccabees would lead to a strong sell-out of tickets.

Not to mention we've also got the Palm City line up to play with, which can lead to a high number of ticket sales. Reckon we could see Wilkinson back in Palm City this year, along with maybe Example & DJ wire or alternatively Chase and Status DJ set if they have any extra cash to spend(unlikely if they book Foals). 

22 hours ago, gfa said:

I reckon catfish won't be doing a ton of fests this year, maybe in europe but here they will want to do arenas in autumn so probably only like one or two if glasto/reading/iow/trsnmt, not the whole medium festivals tour they did last year. 

Not doing Isle Of Wight and I'm not sure they will be at Reading this year either. Glasto seems very likely though and headlining TRNSMT seems like a strong possibility too.

Can still see them headlining Truck as they've done it before and its probably a festival they would enjoy playing again as it has a nice atmosphere.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, FestivalJamie said:

Not doing Isle Of Wight and I'm not sure they will be at Reading this year either. Glasto seems very likely though and headlining TRNSMT seems like a strong possibility too.

Can still see them headlining Truck as they've done it before and its probably a festival they would enjoy playing again as it has a nice atmosphere.

Truck quote tweeted someone saying that they will be disappointed when asked if catfish will be on the bill. I know that might just be them hiding it but I don't think Catfish will do It this year.

2 hours ago, TommyS said:

Truck quote tweeted someone saying that they will be disappointed when asked if catfish will be on the bill. I know that might just be them hiding it but I don't think Catfish will do It this year.

Truck love to mess with people though, so I wouldn't believe a single word coming off those tweets til the line up poster is actually released. I agree, I don't think Catfish are likely as they will be looking to play the bigger festivals, however I think they are such a perfect fit and it would be a shame to see them not play.

Two door + foals looking extremely likely though, as are blossoms/wolf Alice. Wonder if Chvrches could play, although they are too big to sub and not the usual style headliner truck would go for.

So excited for this though!

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Truck love to mess with people though, so I wouldn't believe a single word coming off those tweets til the line up poster is actually released. I agree, I don't think Catfish are likely as they will be looking to play the bigger festivals, however I think they are such a perfect fit and it would be a shame to see them not play.

Two door + foals looking extremely likely though, as are blossoms/wolf Alice. Wonder if Chvrches could play, although they are too big to sub and not the usual style headliner truck would go for.

So excited for this though!

Wouldn't say chrvches are too different from friendly fires