seanz25

Victorious 2019

2 hours ago, The_Groke said:

image.png.9924735d96e8f9c20c704f19c219cc4b.png

Anyone else spot this? Pretty sure that's not a picture from Peter Hook's set a few years back...

Its not because his set was in the middle of the day!

I didnt see the post on Facebook but surely, unless they are throwing a huge curve ball thats got to be New Order all but booked? 

26 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Its not because his set was in the middle of the day!

I didnt see the post on Facebook but surely, unless they are throwing a huge curve ball thats got to be New Order all but booked? 

They posted it on Blue Monday, I wouldn't read too much into it

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

It's a reference to the media rubbish about Blue Monday being the most miserable day of the year, nothing else 

Ahh that makes sense... maybe just a coincidence then! 

It does still seem like a strong contender though. They’re doing a lot of European festivals this summer with nothing scheduled for the week of Victorious. Plus they’re headlining a night at Harbourside alongside The Specials.

43 minutes ago, The_Groke said:

Ahh that makes sense... maybe just a coincidence then! 

It does still seem like a strong contender though. They’re doing a lot of European festivals this summer with nothing scheduled for the week of Victorious. Plus they’re headlining a night at Harbourside alongside The Specials.

I agree, its a bit like the picture last year which showed the victorious sign with the tag "feeling good vibrations"

2 weeks later Brian Wilson is announced 

3 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

I agree, its a bit like the picture last year which showed the victorious sign with the tag "feeling good vibrations"

2 weeks later Brian Wilson is announced 

Chic are playing, victorious just tweeted hashtag good times. 

I'm being serious as well. 

18 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Oh god sake I hope not headliners. That’s poor if so. Surely can do better than that

27 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ha! I literally just commented about this on their FB post showing last year's Strongbow/Radio X stage, wondering the same. I'd only go and watch them if there were nothing else on to interest me

Weird thing if it is indeed Chic is they're doing Camp Bestival this year too. Surely two close a proximity too be headlining both in the same year?

I find it odd that we have no leaks for this if the announcement is tomorrow.  Last year, we had the poster leak the day before the announcement.  I personally really hope it is not CHIC as a headliner. They are not Victorious material (for a headliner) but would do a great job in the Brain Wilson 'legends' slot.  My personal tips are The Futureheads (Barry was there last year) and New Order.  A few weeks ago I also had a dream that Supergrass reformed and played Victorious, but that is likely wishful thinking.  

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

On 1/31/2019 at 7:32 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Chic...

😉

32 minutes ago, dgrain21 said:

I find it odd that we have no leaks for this if the announcement is tomorrow.  Last year, we had the poster leak the day before the announcement.  I personally really hope it is not CHIC as a headliner. They are not Victorious material (for a headliner) but would do a great job in the Brain Wilson 'legends' slot.  My personal tips are The Futureheads (Barry was there last year) and New Order.  A few weeks ago I also had a dream that Supergrass reformed and played Victorious, but that is likely wishful thinking.  

Maybe the leak will come later .... just a thought, I know boardmasters was leaked late last night, not to say victorious will. We may not get any leak at all. However chic is a poor headliner, I’ll be off to see clean bandit instead, get some bourbon down neck to ease the pain.

Can't see Chic as headliner, they cant think they can sell a 65k fest surely especially as they only played IOW last Yr, and was 3rd down. They're too much a niche act without the demand. I wouldn't even have them in the sub slot, I'd put them in the early doors slot. 

Just now, jj200 said:

Could it be foals

I just can't see how they are the right demographic for Victorious crowd.  I would love them to play as a big fan, but would not go down well with the typical crowd. 

1 hour ago, dgrain21 said:

I just can't see how they are the right demographic for Victorious crowd.  I would love them to play as a big fan, but would not go down well with the typical crowd. 

Same, I really do hope they are quality band. 

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I think 🤞 new order as headliner or sub would be a great shout and expecr chic would have a similar position to Brian Wilson too. Is this 9am announcement official?

This 9 am announcement I can’t find anything on it? Is it hearsay or true? 

with truck and boardmasters up and waiting y not. all same  promoters as victorious. how about specials/ n order or peter hook fri .flo with chic subbing and 2dcc sunday with vaccines subbing

2 minutes ago, retrokev said:

with truck and boardmasters up and waiting y not. all same  promoters as victorious. how about specials/ n order or peter hook fri .flo with chic subbing and 2dcc sunday with vaccines subbing

TDCC would be a disappointment as a headliner for this size of festival.  I am sure that Doves will be in there as a Sub somewhere (maybe Sunday)?  

32 minutes ago, retrokev said:

I agree with flo quite like that

28 minutes ago, dgrain21 said:

TDCC would be a disappointment as a headliner for this size of festival.  I am sure that Doves will be in there as a Sub somewhere (maybe Sunday)?  

Tdcc is quite weak, It would suit me over something like new order though. Doves are 100% down for this surely too

1 hour ago, KBR1991 said:

Same, I really do hope they are quality band. 

This 9 am announcement I can’t find anything on it? Is it hearsay or true? 

They never announce it in advance 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

They never announce it in advance 

Now you mention it I’ve never seen it in advance, it’s just dropped. Nice one.

14 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Now you mention it I’ve never seen it in advance, it’s just dropped. Nice one.

Yup, they don't even man the social media it's all preset msgs