seanz25

Victorious 2019

13 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Well Kasabian played IOW last year, Reading the year before. Not like they need to bring a stage show or anything. So even if they're not touring they COULD end up playing for the quick payday. But who knows eh? 

Someone out there knows. Sick of waiting to know aswell. I think Kasabian a good shout I’m holding high hopes now. Make a lively one back in campsite after aswell.

Edited by KBR1991

Just seen Pukkelpop is announcing tomorrow at 4pm, takes place week before Victorious. Never usually much crossover but you never know. 

Any predictions on when we could expect the announcement? 

It would be nice to see some more international acts in there. There’s always one or two but never more than that, and I thought that was one of big reasons behind working with Global.

12 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Well Kasabian played IOW last year, Reading the year before. Not like they need to bring a stage show or anything. So even if they're not touring they COULD end up playing for the quick payday. But who knows eh? 

They have done out-of-tour festival headline shows before - Hard Rock Calling between in the off-year between Velocirpator and 48:13 being one I remember. Whether or not Victorious is their level is another matter, although given they've already done all the big ones, I imagine the variety could be of interest.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

KOL are supposed to be doing their own London show at Finsbury Park, according to info on here. FR organised, natch.

Presumably this would be over the same weekend as Community, like Liam Gallagher/QOTSA last year were, right?

Hopefully its better organised than those three were.

2 hours ago, The_Groke said:

Any predictions on when we could expect the announcement? 

It would be nice to see some more international acts in there. There’s always one or two but never more than that, and I thought that was one of big reasons behind working with Global.

Tomorrow or Weds I'd imagine. Thursday is a bit late in the week. I'd hope tomorrow @JBarbour any idea if it's tomorrow? 

4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Tomorrow or Weds I'd imagine. Thursday is a bit late in the week. I'd hope tomorrow @JBarbour any idea if it's tomorrow? 

Just know its "penciled" in for this week. Thats the last thing I've heard. 

They generally send out an embargoed release. Nothing yet. If its tomorrow morning it maybe sent out tonight. 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

grass. :P 

I ain't said shit :P. First rule of embargo club :lol:

Edited by JBarbour

Just now, The_Groke said:

Is that an OHHH like an OHHH there’s been a development??

Line up is in the wild. But embargoed. I'm prob breaking the embargo, speaking of the embargo :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Line up is in the wild. But embargoed. I'm prob breaking the embargo, speaking of the embargo :lol:

Finally!! That surely means an announcement over the next day or so!

So without breaking the um-bongo, is it a decent line up? 

1 minute ago, The_Groke said:

it's a line-up.

:P 

1 minute ago, The_Groke said:

Finally!! That surely means an announcement over the next day or so!

Thats subjective ;) It's a line up 

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a line-up.

:P 

32 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Thats subjective ;) It's a line up 

I asked for that didn’t I... haha

I got really excited when I saw the line-up/rumours page had been updated today, followed by crushing disappointment when I realised no acts had been added 😅 Good to know it's imminent!

Hope some kind person shares the info tonight as I won't get chance to see it until 11.30am tomorrow. But as Victorious goes under the radar on social media, I doubt it will. 

2 hours ago, The_Groke said:

I like Um Bongo - I'm glad they'll have a stall there this year.

I also like bands, so hopefully there will be some more on the way soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Hope some kind person shares the info tonight as I won't get chance to see it until 11.30am tomorrow. But as Victorious goes under the radar on social media, I doubt it will. 

I was thinking same, I won’t get chance neither. We definitely thinking tomorrow? Reckon it will be a good line up me. Come on LG haha (no chance)!

17 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

I was thinking same, I won’t get chance neither. We definitely thinking tomorrow? Reckon it will be a good line up me. Come on LG haha (no chance)!

Lower those expectations drastically. 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

From what Radio X keeps promoting recently it feels like Gerry Cinnamon is going to headline. 😂

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Haha, don’t worry they are lowered. I’m expecting to see something foals size at least though.

Hopefully only a few hours to go until we know the line-up.

I'll be honest, 2019 festival season so far is looking pretty tripe across the board, so I am not holding out much hope.  

My (hopeful) predicitons:   

Friday: The Specials / New Order

Sat or Sun: Chemical Bros

At some point over the weekend: Futureheads, Zutons. 

• Upvote 1

TDCC, Rudimental, Bloc Party, Doves, Ziggy Marley, OCS, zutons, dodgy, FLC, Lewis Capaldi, Starsilor, The Futureheads, Republica, Badly Drawn Boy, Professor Green. More Headliners to be announced.