Victorious 2019

seanz25

I'm just throwing some names out there and like to add a bit to the debate so...................

Bloc Party would be a good addition for me! Laura Marlin in the afternoon, Jimmy Cliff  on a day with Nile Rogers headlining would be nice.

Remember Victorious has a lot of possible solo performers who might appear / play / headline and has pulled in some large and hugely respectful acts to play in the past such as Brian Wilson, Paul Weller and my personal fave, Ray Davies so its hard to rule a lot of people out.

They are a growing festival and although they're not going to be bringing in you Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartneys or Elton Johns are there any other solo acts that could be considered? Kylie? (I hope not) Roger Daltrey? Tom Jones? At a push Stevie Wonder (he played bestival!) 

Loads of options, either way its a great little festival for the money. 

I'd have liked to have seen Bloc Party again but that Brighton show is pretty close so thought it would have ruled them out. 

Beautiful Days have got a nice bill there, pretty much all played Victorious before, maybe its time for Peter Hook back. 

Speaking of solo acts, I know he's dodgy with his comments, but maybe Morrissey? I really am not sure if he does fests anymore.

Kendal calling announced manics, chic, and courteeners. Think doves are an undercard lower too.

what we thinking? Baring mind it maybe coincidence but the last two years I’ve don victorious and Kendal and they have at least shared one headliner (phonics and libs). Think they did the year before with Noel too and manics\editors at victorious.

Hopefully personal preference they share courteeners. 

18 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Kendal calling announced manics, chic, and courteeners. Think doves are an undercard lower too.

what we thinking? Baring mind it maybe coincidence but the last two years I’ve don victorious and Kendal and they have at least shared one headliner (phonics and libs). Think they did the year before with Noel too and manics\editors at victorious.

Its Courteeners, Doves and Chic as headliners I believe with Manics subbing it seems, mad cus Doves are only subbing at Bearded. 

Think its Courteeners, Manics

Doves, Years and Years

Chic, Tom Jones

I can see Victorious having Doves, but not as headliner, 2nd or 3rd down.

I reckon we might get Miles Kane somewhere on the bill.

Courteeners is a weird one, have they ever done an arena tour? I don't see them the size of headliner status Victorious usually goes for. Aren't they on a downwards trend now? Hit their peak and now on the way down, never been a fan myself so I don't follow how they're doing. I know they have a fanbase, I just can't see them getting the Sat or Sunday headline spot. 

45 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Just realised we can't have Courteeners as they're at IOW. 

IOW and Victorious never share acts, only happened once and that was Slow Readers Club who are an unsigned act.

So can't have Miles Kane either! 

If I’d have remembered courteeners are at IOW I wouldn’t have even mentioned it haha. I’m now out of ideas again, however I agree I can’t see Doves being a headliner in the slightest at victorious. I know iow don’t share but if they did, courteeners have a huge following, new album in the works and a massive 60k gig at Heaton park which I’m attending in June. James DMAs and pale wave supporting them. They have done arenas too with a few academy’s in. They are usually high up at reading and Leeds too. They always get good slots at festivals especially up north. We absolutley love them up here, massive following. They do however bring some absolutley Bells in their demographic though. Could be one for next year courteeners if not this year. 

I’m absolutely stumped this year and it’s driving me up the wall. Last two years I’ve managed to get two out of three headliners. I guessed prodigy last year. None this year. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Its Courteeners, Doves and Chic as headliners I believe with Manics subbing it seems, mad cus Doves are only subbing at Bearded. 

Think its Courteeners, Manics

Doves, Years and Years

Chic, Tom Jones

I can see Victorious having Doves, but not as headliner, 2nd or 3rd down.

I reckon we might get Miles Kane somewhere on the bill.

Courteeners is a weird one, have they ever done an arena tour? I don't see them the size of headliner status Victorious usually goes for. Aren't they on a downwards trend now? Hit their peak and now on the way down, never been a fan myself so I don't follow how they're doing. I know they have a fanbase, I just can't see them getting the Sat or Sunday headline spot. 

Courteeners are probably up there for Kendall as it's a northern fest.

9 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

does catfish, snow patrol, alongside specials & vaccines etc sound plausible?

Think Snow Patrol are out due to Latitude

Catfish are one of the Global merry go round acts who haven't played Victorious yet, was just having a look and theres Ocean Colour Scene, Fun Lovin Criminals, The Wombats, probably a couple more who haven't played yet.

10 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

does catfish, snow patrol, alongside specials & vaccines etc sound plausible?

Yeah, I’d also be happy with that. Catfish new album is out April, there doing an arena tour which pretty much sold out in feb and they releasing some more for Sheffield arena, Brighton and Manchester arena on Friday too. So catfish may be in with a shout. Snow patrol probably the type of act that victorious may go for, I maybe wrong but they would be a good shout. 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

Think Snow Patrol are out due to Latitude

Catfish are one of the Global merry go round acts who haven't played Victorious yet, was just having a look and theres Ocean Colour Scene, Fun Lovin Criminals, The Wombats, probably a couple more who haven't played yet.

Can’t see any of those headline though, they subbed catfish at Kendal last year. Think ocean colour were third down. So we’re fun loving criminals. James was above those.

3 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Yeah, I’d also be happy with that. Catfish new album is out April, there doing an arena tour which pretty much sold out in feb and they releasing some more for Sheffield arena, Brighton and Manchester arena on Friday too. So catfish may be in with a shout. Snow patrol probably the type of act that victorious may go for, I maybe wrong but they would be a good shout. 

Catfish are doing arenas now? didn't know that, yeah I think they could be a headliner then in that case, I didn't realise they had gotten that big. Urgh. 

1 minute ago, KBR1991 said:

Can’t see any of those headline though, they subbed catfish at Kendal last year. Think ocean colour were third down. So we’re fun loving criminals. James was above those.

Yeah I know I was just listing some potentials for the line up.

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

Catfish are doing arenas now? didn't know that, yeah I think they could be a headliner then in that case, I didn't realise they had gotten that big. Urgh. 

Yeah I know I was just listing some potentials for the line up.

Yeah, they have pretty much sold out Wembley arena too that’s in a couple of week, radio x massively pushes them too.

Also apologies, thought you meant headliner. I’d like to see ocean colour scene on there. They were very solid at Kendal last year, really enjoyed them.

1 minute ago, KBR1991 said:

Yeah, they have pretty much sold out Wembley arena too that’s in a couple of week, radio x massively pushes them too.

Also apologies, thought you meant headliner. I’d like to see ocean colour scene on there. They were very solid at Kendal last year, really enjoyed them.

I dunno if you saw couple pages back but id heard Rudimental are playing, but I wasn't too sure if it was true cus id heard they're the co headliner with the Specials. 

Going back to Catfish, them announcing a fairly big tour to go onsale the Friday before Victorious announces, might rule them out, especially as they're doing Brighton which is fairly close.

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I dunno if you saw couple pages back but id heard Rudimental are playing, but I wasn't too sure if it was true cus id heard they're the co headliner with the Specials. 

Going back to Catfish, them announcing a fairly big tour to go onsale the Friday before Victorious announces, might rule them out, especially as they're doing Brighton which is fairly close.

Rudimental and specials, that’s like chalk and cheese. Must’ve missed that one. Very odd pairing but we shall see. Florence could be a shout, but again she’s huge. I just keep coming back to Liam Gallagher in my head and praying.