Victorious 2019

seanz25

Might interest one or two people... 

Portsmouth uni students where offered tickets priced at the very first early bird tier for this yesterday... they must be struggling to shift tickets. 

In the email with the reduced ticket offer they embarrassingly sent out a poster that still had New Order as 'Headliner TBA' ?‍♂️

Edited by seanz25

I like the line up, it has a lot more depth than pervious years and I like the headliners but they aren't ticket shifters like stereophonics, noel, prodigy were. There's no arena selling artist headlining this year. I expect next year they will have at least one again. 

Expect Saturday will sell a lot with Capaldi to his fanbase. 

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I like the line up, it has a lot more depth than pervious years and I like the headliners but they aren't ticket shifters like stereophonics, noel, prodigy were. There's no arena selling artist headlining this year. I expect next year they will have at least one again. 

Expect Saturday will sell a lot with Capaldi to his fanbase. 

I'm guessing that if this festival was much more north and travel distances weren't right out the way they would be hiking the price up a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Going for the first time and staying in uni halls. Hopefully someone here can help please, Can I park at the lakeside park and ride for the weekend? Is it safeish place to leave the car and are the return bus tickets just day returns? Thanks

Ive no idea on the above sorry.

Came on to say just giving the clashfinder a once over today then it will be alright to print baring any last minute changes. 

Its been essentially fine for the last few weeks.

But theres always the chance of some last minute changes, Laurel who were playing Castle stage on Sunday are no longer listed in that slot and its now TBA. 

4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Ive no idea on the above sorry.

Came on to say just giving the clashfinder a once over today then it will be alright to print baring any last minute changes. 

Its been essentially fine for the last few weeks.

But theres always the chance of some last minute changes, Laurel who were playing Castle stage on Sunday are no longer listed in that slot and its now TBA. 

Will defo be using the clash finder. Many thanks for putting it together ?

• Like 1

Victorious still have the David Bowie tribute up on Sunday on Seaside stage at 6pm but Choose 90s have posted that they are now playing that slot as well as their slot earlier in the day on the same stage so looks like the Bowie tribute has either moved or been pulled. Trying to find out whats happening.

Go for it with Clashfinder, not doing anymore with it, added Sundays people lounge and Comedy Tent both days which is the same both days. But the other stages missing not sure anyone is too fussed about. Sorry if anyone is performing on them!

Theres still that big gap on Friday on the World Music stage that I thought they had done by mistake and would correct but I guess not! 1 hour and 15 minutes gap so strange.

Edited by luckysalt
  • Upvote 1

Weather looking excellent for this weekend.

I've put a few more site pics up on my Twitter thread for this festival (@BMWavesBlog)

also...just noticed that it's not just no re-entry past 8pm but no entry!

I'll be there all day but anyone who is just wandering in for a headliner could get caught out if they enforce this.

About 10 years ago Doves played in Portsmouth and I missed out on tickets. I worked that night and after my shift I had half a dozen missed calls from a mate, it later transpired that he could have got me on the side of the stage if only I wasn't working and answered my phone. The band shortly after stopped playing live and I never got to see them. This evening I finally get some sort of redemption. 

This is a very me-centric post but to be honest I don't really care what happens the rest of the weekend as long as that set is decent!

Bloc Party tomorrow should be great too though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

One for the Portsmouth locals... is there much difference between taxi cost from Havant and cosham stations to Farlington fields?  Just boarded from Gatwick! 

Cosham or Hilsea are closer than Havant.

If you're taxiing you might be best of calling one rather than getting one from a rank. Try Aqua 02392 654321 or City Wide 02392 833333 (or uber)

• Upvote 1

Decent first day I thought. Weather was great. All the bands I saw sounded good but thought some of them were just going through the motions.

The Victorious crowd is an odd one though - they seem less invested in the festival than others I go to? 

Great first day. Weather was ace. Loved Doves and The Specials but Fleetingwood Mac should probably give it up. 

Food options disappointing. This festival does remind me of the old V festivals in the late 90s except everyone is 20 years older.

Looks like being another lovely day today. 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:20 PM, luckysalt said:

Go for it with Clashfinder, not doing anymore with it, added Sundays people lounge and Comedy Tent both days which is the same both days. But the other stages missing not sure anyone is too fussed about. Sorry if anyone is performing on them!

Theres still that big gap on Friday on the World Music stage that I thought they had done by mistake and would correct but I guess not! 1 hour and 15 minutes gap so strange.

Thank you so much for doing this each year - it's just brilliant. ?

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 8:03 AM, rseamer said:

Decent first day I thought. Weather was great. All the bands I saw sounded good but thought some of them were just going through the motions.

The Victorious crowd is an odd one though - they seem less invested in the festival than others I go to? 

Yeah very much targeted at 30/40 somethings and those with kids - usually lots of 90’s bands and mainly day tickets- this is the first year they have sold “weekend” tickets. Saturday was noticeably more busy with younger teenagers for Lewis Capaldi. Site is great and easy to get around and no camping chairs allowed! Lots for kids too. But very busy everywhere for loos, bars etc and very expensive food. We got early bird tickets for Saturday and Sunday at £30.00 each day so not bad given price of gigs these days and only an hour drive home.! Crowd is very mixed from toddlers to OAP’s! You get your usual lot of w*nkers who talk through all the bands. Makes a change to actually be able to get close to front of stages easy enough if you are a fan and no flags allowed! However was shocked at the number of very small children being held up by parents with no ear defenders right up close to the front and speakers. Yes they were having fun but I am not sure about the approx 3 month old being held up during ocean colour scene right next to the speaker with no protection! 

2 hours ago, sedra said:

Yeah very much targeted at 30/40 somethings and those with kids - usually lots of 90’s bands and mainly day tickets- this is the first year they have sold “weekend” tickets. Saturday was noticeably more busy with younger teenagers for Lewis Capaldi. Site is great and easy to get around and no camping chairs allowed! Lots for kids too. But very busy everywhere for loos, bars etc and very expensive food. We got early bird tickets for Saturday and Sunday at £30.00 each day so not bad given price of gigs these days and only an hour drive home.! Crowd is very mixed from toddlers to OAP’s! You get your usual lot of w*nkers who talk through all the bands. Makes a change to actually be able to get close to front of stages easy enough if you are a fan and no flags allowed! However was shocked at the number of very small children being held up by parents with no ear defenders right up close to the front and speakers. Yes they were having fun but I am not sure about the approx 3 month old being held up during ocean colour scene right next to the speaker with no protection! 

I went in 2017 and stopped drinking about 7pm because they queue's were just too long.

Little review here, was very much if ain't broke don't fix it, but there was little changes on site that made things better like placing of ice cream van on castle stage finally moved to behind sound mixer was perfect. Only thing I can moan about was they moved the toilets on seaside stage which were usually the quietest on site, so was queuing more for the toilets (well the Mrs was). 

Saturday was defo the busier of the weekend bar queues were LONG all over the site. I wish they sold cloudy apple strongbow at all bars instead of just strongbow stage and champagne bar. Don't understand why this is still the case this year. Also strongbow original 5.50, dark fruits 5.80, cloudy apple 6. Just rips the piss. 

Really enjoyed Victorious this year - the weather definitely helped, even if the headliners weren't totally to my taste.

Standout bands for me:

Bloc Party (so stoked to see them perform, they made the weekend for me), Hives, Doves (how good do they sound live?), Badly Brawn Boy, Ash, Futureheads, Ziggy Marley, Band of Skulls .... miscellaneous performers who I don't know the name of having fun on the World Music Stage.

Had a late start on Friday so unfortunately didn't quite catch as much of the Zutons as I would have liked.

Bar prices were extortionate, especially for a non-drinker. The non-alcoholic beers were nearly as much as the alco drinks, and came in a can (which you can buy 6 of for three quarters of the price in the supermarket). They also ran out of Heineken 0 by Sunday, so not great.

But overall enjoyable - cracking undercard, glorious weather, great food (price seemed fine for me & good veg options).

• Like 1