Victorious 2019

seanz25

27 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

New Order and disappointment (the emotion, not the band) ?

Haha! Yeah I’m predicting same. To be honest, first year doing full weekend camping, increased parking prices on camping, extending the Friday night, increased ticket prices, I’d expect a slightly better range of headliners. Surely could attract bigger names and afford them? Look last year prodigy exclusive, we’ve had phonics and weller too. Don’t get me wrong the undercards are pretty good I’m really happy about that and it isn’t about the headliners all the time but you expect a bigger draw. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John L said:

I’d be happy with New Order. Looks like there’s a few acts at the top end to be announced for the Sunday?

Maybe, but I'm surprised people have been predicting names to go in above The Vaccines. Judging by their other dates this summer and last, they're pretty well qualified to be subbing this. I think it's the filling out of the undercard people should be hoping for, rather than names up top.

Saying that, isn't a Saturday afternoon special guest in the offing?

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe, but I'm surprised people have been predicting names to go in above The Vaccines. Judging by their other dates this summer and last, they're pretty well qualified to be subbing this. I think it's the filling out of the undercard people should be hoping for, rather than names up top.

Saying that, isn't a Saturday afternoon special guest in the offing?

If you look at the line up poster and compare Saturday with Sunday it suggests a headliner, one name alongside Clean Bandit and one name alongside The Vaccines to come on Sunday? Maybe someone like Editors or Suede could fit in there?

10 minutes ago, John L said:

If you look at the line up poster and compare Saturday with Sunday it suggests a headliner, one name alongside Clean Bandit and one name alongside The Vaccines to come on Sunday? Maybe someone like Editors or Suede could fit in there?

Ah. Hadn’t seen the poster, just the website.

I think a name to go underneath The Vaccines and under or above Clean Bandit on the Castle seems realistic. Editors would fit under Vaccines pretty well.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Ah. Hadn’t seen the poster, just the website.

I think a name to go underneath The Vaccines and under or above Clean Bandit on the Castle seems realistic. Editors would fit under Vaccines pretty well.

Yeah it's all based on the poster, should be 4 big acts with the sat special guests and the 3 on Sunday, pretty sure Clean Bandit are Castle headliners. So would be one under. I say big I mean like The Hives level in comparison. I expect at least one pop name as well in that bunch. 

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Seems to be a fair few people tonight across social media thinking Liam Gallagher. I think it's more wishful thinking than someone has leaked something. 

Don’t say that before I’m about to sleep, got year 11 first thing I’ll not function haha. I’ve not seen Liam since I saw Oasis.... 

Is it just me or other than "Bloc Party"  - I don't even think the under card is as good as the last two years and the headline acts certainly aren't.

For me, the Friday on one stage is the strongest.

Increased capacity, increased prices but not an increase in quality of acts. I suppose you can only book what is available but i don't see this year as a great effort.   

18 minutes ago, CrispyDuck said:

Agreed - big disappointment. Hey ho. Bloc Party will be awesome to make up for it the previous day.

In fairness though, however good silent alarm is, we are still going to be robbed of a plethora of other brilliant tracks they could have performed!

Very disappointed like others. I thought when global took over we would get more substantial acts it was better before they took over. The two headliners this year new order and rudimental are woeful even though there is a slightly better undercard. Wonder where all the money has been spent

I

8 minutes ago, Fruitgum said:

Very disappointed like others. I thought when global took over we would get more substantial acts it was better before they took over. The two headliners this year new order and rudimental are woeful even though there is a slightly better undercard. Wonder where all the money has been spent

I guess it’s all down to taste, but I think the specials and new order are on a par with last years headliners, rudimental being the outlier. I thought last years undercard was superb, disappointed so far with this years but there there are still more to be added. Plenty to look forward too