Victorious 2019

seanz25

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Im not sure, I wouldn't say its dire, They're a long running act, former major festival headliner, they've headlined Reading for sure, probably Glasto. They're a very popular act throughout Europe but you would like to see Victorious push on a bit when all the fests throughout Europe they aren't headlining and the only one they are headlining is a 5k Bluedot in UK, it kinda seems a step backwards. 

They'll pull in the older crowd which Victorious needs, cus yeah they're the Specials on Saturday but they'll want to get people all days, I've seen a lot of people welcome that it could be New Order playing. 

If they can't find anyone that fits the job to play above New Order, they'll have just give it New Order. Sometimes you gotta just go with what you can get. 

For me, I’ll just fins something else to do, I can’t have it my way all three days as I think all the days are solid with things to watch so new order will be one I can miss. I do think it’s a ste Backward though.

I’ve had a look through last years lineups for global and If they go down the line of booking a previous act it’s just the same names who we’ve ruled out. Like foals, Liam G (did snowbombing which is global) catfish jamiroqai and courteeners. Probs going to be new order cause I do not see any of them than catfish playing. 

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Im not sure, I wouldn't say its dire, They're a long running act, former major festival headliner, they've headlined Reading for sure, probably Glasto. They're a very popular act throughout Europe but you would like to see Victorious push on a bit when all the fests throughout Europe they aren't headlining and the only one they are headlining is a 5k Bluedot in UK, it kinda seems a step backwards. 

They'll pull in the older crowd which Victorious needs, cus yeah they're the Specials on Saturday but they'll want to get people all days, I've seen a lot of people welcome that it could be New Order playing. 

If they can't find anyone that fits the job to play above New Order, they'll have just give it New Order. Sometimes you gotta just go with what you can get. 

It's 15,000, is Bluedot.

I really think they'd have to headline. They headlined Latitude and the Other Stage at Glastonbury only a couple of years ago - they're a bit of a coup for Bluedot, spurred on by them being local and having a previous gig at the venue. When you look over at Rudimental headlining Saturday, you can't really expect New Order and also someone bigger than them on the Sunday.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It's 15,000, is Bluedot.

I really think they'd have to headline. They headlined Latitude and the Other Stage at Glastonbury only a couple of years ago - they're a bit of a coup for Bluedot, spurred on by them being local and having a previous gig at the venue. When you look over at Rudimental headlining Saturday, you can't really expect New Order and also someone bigger than them on the Sunday.

I dunno take last year I'm sure Brian Wilson cost a lot more than Friendly Fires did in the sub category. Its often in fests some days look stronger than others. I get your point, I'm expecting them to be headlining but maybe some strong acts announced alongside tomorrow. 

Wonder if Pro Green will get replaced tomorrow? 

16 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

Do we think we’re getting new order as a headliner or maybe someone else.. If it is new order it’s dire for headliner.

Have to agree, I'm afraid. I did see New Order in Hyde Park a while back, and they didn't amount to much. Support was Moby, who was probably better. New Order would be a little bit of a disappointment, but the Sunday undercard (Sundercard) is great: Ash, Futureheads, Razorlight, Vaccines, Ziggy Marley. Maybe I'll get an early night on the Sunday. Maybe NO will drag Kylie along for a bit of kitsch.

Peter Hook has been announced for festivals today! Still think it could be him and someone else headlining.

I personally think all headliners this year are weaker than most years at most festivals. I would say this is also true of victorious, however the undercard at victorious is good, especially for the money. 

I wonder if we may see Peter Doherty return again?  Just announced a tour with a new band (+ the puta madres), so could argue it doesn’t break the victorious rule of rebooking acts. I do feel this years line up is lacking an edge. Whereas last year we had the libertines, Paul weller, the prodigy, the cribs, sleaford mods, happy Mondays and cabbage, this year it is very middle of the road with the exception of a couple. Hoping the next announcement mixes it up a bit and avoids the likes of Keane. New order would certainly help, and what about the stranglers and echo and the bunnymen who are both active?  Plenty of exciting new bands around to choose from too 

Just now, eFestivals said:

there is not a chance that Hooky is headlining a 65,000 capacity festival. He plays half way down the bill at 5,000 capacity festivals.

Yeah, you misunderstand what I meant. I mean the Blue Monday sign could mean Peter Hook is playing and a Different band (NOT New Order) is headlining. 

Better? 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there is not a chance that Hooky is headlining a 65,000 capacity festival. He plays half way down the bill at 5,000 capacity festivals.

Think he just means hook as the blue Monday clue and playing on the line up somewhere and we have a different headliner. 

You will get the press release today anyway so you'll know soon enough! 

Edit already answered!!! 

Edited by luckysalt
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

I wonder if Primal Scream might sub New Order if it is them, seems could be a good pairing. Vaccines on 3rd down. 

Primal Scream played in 2015 and were second on stage, are they enough of a draw?. I know they are a great and and would go well with New Order. Just seems weak after the last few years.  

Could it be Hacienda Classical? Have Victorious booked them before? Would definitely suit an afternoon special guest slot and obviously the Blue Monday clue.

I imagine it's New Order to headline otherwise. Can't see them building hype up for Hooky to play a mid afternoon set.

2 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Suede have just announced a festival date, they would definitely fit the victorious demographic ?

Playing Southampton Guildhall in April - So I'd assume proximity would rule them out at least at being confirmed today.

Also I hadn't seen this on Portsmouth News earlier this week which pretty much is self-confirmation of New Order as headliners .... Unless they're really trying to throw a curve ball lol.

"Director of the festival, Andy Marsh, suggested New Order could be performing as the lead act after posting a tweet with a picture showcasing the word 'Monday' – in the colour blue."

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/victorious-festival-2019-organiser-drops-big-hint-over-headliner-1-8822794

Edited by seanz25