Victorious 2019

seanz25

6 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Ive been on these boards a long time, hell of a long time, 20 years I think and in that time I've gave info on all kinds of fests, Reading, V, Soni, Download etc, there's always people who doubt you and end of the day it becomes a fucking nightmare on here arguing with people who are determined to find error in what you give people.

I get excited about line ups like everyone, we are all paying money for these things, you want some bang for your buck and the sooner you know stuff the better equipped you are to make a decision if you're going somewhere or somewhere else. 

I've never gave info on here looking for glory or a rep, I'd like to think my track record, especially with long term users on here has given me a rep I don't provide false info looking for some likes or whatever, in fact I rarely get likes on here, no big deal. 

Last December I came these boards its on page 3, I said Rudimental are headlining, everyone either ignored or shit on it, I was told the info at the time The Specials were announced and as they were billed as a Co-headliner, I was told Rudimental are the other headliner, so I took it as the co headliner, turned out they were the Saturday headliner, I didn't question they could be because I didn't think they would be given that slot based on previous line ups structures but hey there you go.

Most times when you get info it becomes more of a pain in the ass than helpful, I just stopped looking for info, this year i've asked a little because I wasn't sure I was going, decision was made we are going, so I don't really care, but I know New Order wasn't originally a headliner, as far as I know right now, I don't either know if they are headlining, they may sub, they may not even be playing [although it looks very likely they are!] im not fussed, Im going anyway, my ticket is paid for so whatever gets announced gets announced. 

What im trying to say is, if someone gives me info then fine thank you, but sometimes its much more fun to wait and see what gets announced when it does. :)  

But above all else, if someone trusts me with info I would never share that info or break that confidence unless they said yeah they don't care, share it. 

Hope you're going and like the line up sean, you've been a good user on this Victorious msg board even though you've been really quiet this year!

Hope everyone else likes the line up too! 

Appreciate the comments Lucky! Always find rumours/noteworthy stuff interesting either way, half the fun is seeing if it comes true! 

Lack of posting in the last year is largely down to life, but also reflects change in the festival, sadly becoming less orientated towards me and my family so I'm less invested. Still fingers crossed whatever comes of this year the final result is good! 

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

i assume catfish being announced for citadel probably rules them out of victorious for good

Not sure. Victorious is in Portsmouth in August, Citadel is in July in central London, two completely different events.

If it turns out not to be New order(unlikely, as they are almost nailed on by the sounds of things), definitely think it will be Catfish as announcing Citadel this morning shows that they are playing multiple UK festivals this summer and not just TRNSMT. They only really seem to be taking headline slots as well, so if Victorious are offering them up a headline slot I doubt they would turn it down.

10 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Not sure. Victorious is in Portsmouth in August, Citadel is in July in central London, two completely different events.

If it turns out not to be New order(unlikely, as they are almost nailed on by the sounds of things), definitely think it will be Catfish as announcing Citadel this morning shows that they are playing multiple UK festivals this summer and not just TRNSMT. They only really seem to be taking headline slots as well, so if Victorious are offering them up a headline slot I doubt they would turn it down.

Well tbf they basically can headline everywhere at this point other than Glastonbury - the London show just happened so they have no other tickets to sell in the area is why Citadel was just announced. They haven't announced a Leeds show nor Bristol which is closest to Reading I guess other than London but 1 SSE wasn't much there anyway, probably doing a secret set at R&L. They could do victorious on the friday then reading then leeds though thinking about it.

24 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Bit of wishful thinking but, could new order not slot in somewhere on the Saturday or Sunday and catfish still headline the Sunday? New order bare minimum sub on main stage. With acts announced so far that could be a possibility little bit of reshuffling. Just a thought, don’t want to get slated for saying it though haha, it would be a win win in that scenario seen as I love new order and catfish.

The only surprising thing for me is New Order are headlining Bluedot which is, according to efests listings a 5k capacity festival. 

They also aren't an arena act, when you look at the line up this year theres no arena acts on there at all. Maybe its just one of those years where no-one is available. I guess it does seem to have allowed for a stronger undercard bill. 

That Sunday it looks like 3 big acts could still be announced, Saturday has Rudimental, Bloc Party, James Bay, OCS and Hives all in bold.

Sunday just has Vaccines and Clean Bandit. 

And we got Saturday special guests tba unless they do a Gomez on us like last year. 

Interesting I saw team locals say that Blue Monday sign is for the special guests slot. But I really can't imagine New Order are only the early 1.45 Saturday slot.

So regardless, who we thinking taking up the other big slots, say its New Order and 3 more big slots?

27 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

as much as i think you have a point, tame impala were a u.k. exclusive for citadel last year and are arguably bigger than catfish- so although they won’t be an exclusive, it’s quite possible they’ll just do the two city shows (london&glasgow) and appear at glasto maybe

also does the fact that catfish are playing citadel, and trnsmt mean they’re less of a ‘global’ act now? 

You know whats weird Tame Impala are playing Europe the ENTIRE summer and have no UK dates whatsoever. 

Would be class to have them headline, Tame Impala, New Order, The Vaccines as a top 3. Hell throw Editors in as 4th down. Beautiful.

1 hour ago, maxdillon7 said:

as much as i think you have a point, tame impala were a u.k. exclusive for citadel last year and are arguably bigger than catfish- so although they won’t be an exclusive, it’s quite possible they’ll just do the two city shows (london&glasgow) and appear at glasto maybe

also does the fact that catfish are playing citadel, and trnsmt mean they’re less of a ‘global’ act now? 

Catfish are much bigger in the UK than Tame Impala. They're a big booking for Citadel - they would have been fairly big here. I think you might be right that they might be less of a Global type headliner now but if they're moving up in the world then that's inevitable.

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

The only surprising thing for me is New Order are headlining Bluedot which is, according to efests listings a 5k capacity festival. 

They also aren't an arena act, when you look at the line up this year theres no arena acts on there at all. Maybe its just one of those years where no-one is available. I guess it does seem to have allowed for a stronger undercard bill. 

That Sunday it looks like 3 big acts could still be announced, Saturday has Rudimental, Bloc Party, James Bay, OCS and Hives all in bold.

Sunday just has Vaccines and Clean Bandit. 

And we got Saturday special guests tba unless they do a Gomez on us like last year. 

Interesting I saw team locals say that Blue Monday sign is for the special guests slot. But I really can't imagine New Order are only the early 1.45 Saturday slot.

So regardless, who we thinking taking up the other big slots, say its New Order and 3 more big slots?

I don’t even think new order are bigger than the vaccines at the minute. Only people playing above the vaccines on festivals at the moment are like NG...  so new order could be a special guest or a sub. I think there are three potential good sized acts and one biggy to come. Don’t know who but new orders definitely one. 

Tame impala would go down a treat but I’m really not sure. I don’t even know who to speculate anymore.

Could Peter Hook be playing again as the special guest? 

My mind is numb in thinking who the headliner could be. I know there is a strong call for Catfish, i love them and would be happy but i just don't see it.

I also don't see New order as a headliner for a festival of this size, especially when looking at the line ups over recent years. 

Maybe New Order could be a sub - but to who????

good fun this isnt it? 

2 hours ago, elviiin said:

Couple of friends tell me they've heard rumours of The Killers. Not sure where from.

Similar size to Latitude, which they headlined last year. So, not impossible?

According to efests listing, Victorious is almost double the size of Latitude. Having not been to Latitude I can't comment. But it says that's 35k and Vic is 65k

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

According to efests listing, Victorious is almost double the size of Latitude. Having not been to Latitude I can't comment. But it says that's 35k and Vic is 65k

5 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

The "killers"

Radio interview - "I thought they were dead"

"Don't say any more you'll give it away"

Genius !

Last year at latitude.... the vaccines subbed the killers. 

Give new order a decent slot with killers and vaccines subbing what a Sunday.

Edited by KBR1991

1 minute ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

What is expected from this Thursday announcement? The final headliner or more? 

The Sunday headliner and more. 

They will probably hold a little back for April announcement, but maybe not. This will be the 3rd announcement, so we might have all the big names on Thursday. Just leaving the smaller stages for later announcements. I doubt we will get any stage splits yet.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah, its not gunna be The Killers guys

Can only wish. 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

The Sunday headliner and more. 

They will probably hold a little back for April announcement, but maybe not. This will be the 3rd announcement, so we might have all the big names on Thursday. Just leaving the smaller stages for later announcements. I doubt we will get any stage splits yet.

Who are you thinking Lucky?  Do we think we’re getting new order as a headliner or maybe someone else.. If it is new order it’s dire for headliner.

3 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Can only wish. 

Who are you thinking Lucky?  Do we think we’re getting new order as a headliner or maybe someone else.. If it is new order it’s dire for headliner.

Im not sure, I wouldn't say its dire, They're a long running act, former major festival headliner, they've headlined Reading for sure, probably Glasto. They're a very popular act throughout Europe but you would like to see Victorious push on a bit when all the fests throughout Europe they aren't headlining and the only one they are headlining is a 5k Bluedot in UK, it kinda seems a step backwards. 

They'll pull in the older crowd which Victorious needs, cus yeah they're the Specials on Saturday but they'll want to get people all days, I've seen a lot of people welcome that it could be New Order playing. 

If they can't find anyone that fits the job to play above New Order, they'll have just give it New Order. Sometimes you gotta just go with what you can get.