Victorious 2019

seanz25

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Historically Victorious has had relatively short set times, if they gave the Cure a usual slot it'd be less than a half of what they are normally on stage for. 

I am also pretty sure global have never booked the cure before. 

Hyde park= AEG 

appears that even the festivals in Europe they are playing are not global festivals. 

This does not, of course, rule them out but bands do tend to stick with the same bookers. 

I would love it if it were the cure, but my head says it won’t happen. 

25 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Historically Victorious has had relatively short set times, if they gave the Cure a usual slot it'd be less than a half of what they are normally on stage for. 

Headliners seem to get the 90 mins set length. Even when Madness set length was revealed as 50 mins or whatever they still ended up playing 90. But yeah I know the Cure play a lot longer. 

Mumford at APE takes them out the running. 

20 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Headliners seem to get the 90 mins set length. Even when Madness set length was revealed as 50 mins or whatever they still ended up playing 90. But yeah I know the Cure play a lot longer. 

Mumford at APE takes them out the running. 

Tbf Victorious used to only give headliners 75 minutes, I think it extended recently.

I don't see what's holding Catfish back though especially as if they are doing Glastonbury it's a chance to cash in before people think are bigger it they are there anyway.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf Victorious used to only give headliners 75 minutes, I think it extended recently.

I don't see what's holding Catfish back though especially as if they are doing Glastonbury it's a chance to cash in before people think are bigger it they are there anyway.

they still have their own tour to sell. 

2 minutes ago, Spigley said:

New Order Definitely headlining, announcing Tuesday with rest of acts. No other major acts to announce.

Which virtually means Catfish are almost certainly at Glasto. I also think there's a chance given how close Sziget is to Reading for a secret set early on from them followed by the headline set next year.

2 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

Could that hint be at the cure? On Twitter in January they posted no blue Monday’s here... Monday’s blue.... the cure? They could do the Sunday with their schedule. Just wishful thinking but it’s defo the cure or new order. Probably new order.

The cure are headlinging major fest's around Europe.

36 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

would be my best guess 

for headliner, i’d say catfish (with them probably playing glasto and surprise show at reading)

Not sure where Catfish playing a surprise set at Reading has come from, although I may be wrong?

Seems like Catfish are much more focussed on their Arena tour this year(to me anyway) than playing many festivals.

Definitely think they will be at Glastonbury though.

Could see them headlining this, but not sure if they will play it as they seem to be doing minimal festivals.

Edit: Just read above, New Order seem to be pretty much bang on headlining the Sunday anyway.

Edited by FestivalJamie

On 2/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, jonnytee1 said:

Its not because his set was in the middle of the day!

I didnt see the post on Facebook but surely, unless they are throwing a huge curve ball thats got to be New Order all but booked? 

I did say New Order on Feb 9th and got slated for it! So i hope i WAS wrong LOL

1 hour ago, seanz25 said:

Interesting... can you share what the original plan was? 

Ive been on these boards a long time, hell of a long time, 20 years I think and in that time I've gave info on all kinds of fests, Reading, V, Soni, Download etc, there's always people who doubt you and end of the day it becomes a fucking nightmare on here arguing with people who are determined to find error in what you give people.

I get excited about line ups like everyone, we are all paying money for these things, you want some bang for your buck and the sooner you know stuff the better equipped you are to make a decision if you're going somewhere or somewhere else. 

I've never gave info on here looking for glory or a rep, I'd like to think my track record, especially with long term users on here has given me a rep I don't provide false info looking for some likes or whatever, in fact I rarely get likes on here, no big deal. 

Last December I came these boards its on page 3, I said Rudimental are headlining, everyone either ignored or shit on it, I was told the info at the time The Specials were announced and as they were billed as a Co-headliner, I was told Rudimental are the other headliner, so I took it as the co headliner, turned out they were the Saturday headliner, I didn't question they could be because I didn't think they would be given that slot based on previous line ups structures but hey there you go.

Most times when you get info it becomes more of a pain in the ass than helpful, I just stopped looking for info, this year i've asked a little because I wasn't sure I was going, decision was made we are going, so I don't really care, but I know New Order wasn't originally a headliner, as far as I know right now, I don't either know if they are headlining, they may sub, they may not even be playing [although it looks very likely they are!] im not fussed, Im going anyway, my ticket is paid for so whatever gets announced gets announced. 

What im trying to say is, if someone gives me info then fine thank you, but sometimes its much more fun to wait and see what gets announced when it does. :)  

But above all else, if someone trusts me with info I would never share that info or break that confidence unless they said yeah they don't care, share it. 

Hope you're going and like the line up sean, you've been a good user on this Victorious msg board even though you've been really quiet this year!

Hope everyone else likes the line up too! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3