Victorious 2019

seanz25

1 minute ago, KBR1991 said:

Yeah it would be strange, specially with the balance out in April, I’d expect a big run of festival dates.. are you thinking it might be them then?

It’d be fitting as they’ve headlined all the other Global festivals on the last album and they could’ve been leading up to this on their new album. But idk, the clue doesn’t seem to fit.

Just now, luckysalt said:

Catfish might end up at Boardmasters

They already headlined that last year or year before. They’ve done them all now at this point, maybe Standon Calling aside.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It’d be fitting as they’ve headlined all the other Global festivals on the last album and they could’ve been leading up to this on their new album. But idk, the clue doesn’t seem to fit.

They already headlined that last year or year before. They’ve done them all now at this point, maybe Standon Calling aside.

There due boardmasters again. They did same with Kendal last year, they played 2016 and came back. Did exactly same with Ynot too last year. It all doesn’t fit with that radio 6 interview but I think that was absolute crap, just a way of making people start speculating. 

18 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

There due boardmasters again. They did same with Kendal last year, they played 2016 and came back. Did exactly same with Ynot too last year. It all doesn’t fit with that radio 6 interview but I think that was absolute crap, just a way of making people start speculating. 

It 100% wasn't crap, it's correct, at least at one point it was correct. The question is, is it still correct or did things change. That is still to be answered. 

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

It 100% wasn't crap, it's correct, at least at one point it was correct. The question is, is it still correct or did things change. That is still to be answered. 

Fair enough, we probably won’t have long to wait. Couple of week maybe. Let’s see how it pans out with boardmasters and trsmt etc see if that’s anything that could be to go by.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I guess it all depends on did 6music have old info or the right info, weird they would have the wrong info last week on announcement day but I guess it could be old info. But if their info is correct still. Its a solo male artist who isn't young. 

Could it be Morrissey? Reckon he’s probably about the right size for this?

20 minutes ago, John L said:

Could it be Morrissey? Reckon he’s probably about the right size for this?

Morrissey has a mandate that no meat be sold or stored on festival grounds during his set. He's put this demand on a number of festivals. Think Vict / Broadwick / Global would give in to the demands or maybe he's gone softer, more open-minded? 

Cant believe it would be Roger Waters, he's just finished a massive 157 date world tour earning $200+ million.

However, fitting the radio clue, how about Bryan Ferry? He's playing Rewind a month earlier, is an old solo Male and has a water connotation to his name. Also, The Stranglers are on the same Rewind lineup & would fit the Victorious demographic.

Still think Chic are a possible and I have a gut feel for Fatboy Slim

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue2019 said:

Cant believe it would be Roger Waters, he's just finished a massive 157 date world tour earning $200+ million.

However, fitting the radio clue, how about Bryan Ferry? He's playing Rewind a month earlier, is an old solo Male and has a water connotation to his name. Also, The Stranglers are on the same Rewind lineup & would fit the Victorious demographic.

Fat boy slim? Would be cool, but isn’t he at iow

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

victorious are opening up more of the site on the Friday - i guess to squeeze more people in than they've had in previous years.

2 years ago they only had 2nd stage open, last year they only had main stage open, this year they're opening main stage and this extended part, world music village is a fair bit away from main stage, it's pretty close to second stage. Wouldn't surprise me when we get to 2020 the second stage is open as well as the main. 

I just ordered my tickets, decided to go anyway so may as well get them now before they bump up the prices, can't imagine it will be long before they do. Interesting that they've changed it this year and they don't send you the tickets immediately instead saying they will be sent in the month leading up to the festival. £210 for 2 weekend tickets. You can't moan this line up for £105 IMO. Well you can. But some people moan about everything.

49 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

2 years ago they only had 2nd stage open, last year they only had main stage open, this year they're opening main stage and this extended part, world music village is a fair bit away from main stage, it's pretty close to second stage. Wouldn't surprise me when we get to 2020 the second stage is open as well as the main. 

It's also between the main entrance (for people walking from the city anyway who I'd think would account for most Friday tickets?) and the main stage, so maybe it's bringing that into play? I can't remember if that was open last year, it certainly wasn't the first Friday. There's no reason why they shouldn't get more people in there, they just need the infrastructure to keep up which might include another entrance.

21 hours ago, TrueBlue2019 said:

Good shout Bryan Ferry. Don Henley could also fit the bill?