Victorious 2019

seanz25

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

Cus they think Rudimental will pull a bigger crowd than Bloc Party, so they've put them with the bigger crowd space so they don't get a repeat of Olly Murs v Elbow in 2017.

Oh yeah, good point. Is James bay gunna be on at same time as rudimental? 

I remember elbow only murs, I got dragged to olly murrs by the mrs, was gutted. Only was packed though. 

2 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Oh yeah, good point. Is James bay gunna be on at same time as rudimental? 

I remember elbow only murs, I got dragged to olly murrs by the mrs, was gutted. Only was packed though. 

I think James Bay is subbing Rudimental and Bloc Party are headlining second stage against Rudimental. Olly's crowd was insane, it was all spilled out at the sides, Elbow had a small crowd compared. 

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

I think James Bay is subbing Rudimental and Bloc Party are headlining second stage against Rudimental. Olly's crowd was insane, it was all spilled out at the sides, Elbow had a small crowd compared. 

Ah right ok, that’s a nightmare, I wanna see bloc party and rudimental with the group I’m going with. Hope I catch them both. Hoping the Sunday headliners decent, it’s a a good day still with so few acts announced.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Surprised at Olly getting that crowd at a festival like that. He played T, in a year when pop was all over the place, and he got a pretty small crowd by that weekend's standards. He was great though and converted me successfully.

Agreed, he was pretty decent tbh 

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Surprised at Olly getting that crowd at a festival like that. He played T, in a year when pop was all over the place, and he got a pretty small crowd by that weekend's standards. He was great though and converted me successfully.

Its defo the biggest crowd i've seen at Victorious on second stage. Like in 2017 the Friday was only Second Stage no main stage and Madness headlined and he got an even bigger crowd than they had got. Have you been to Victorious dude? Know the layout? If you havent the second stage is facing the same direction as the main so you come from behind it to get round to the front facing it, and from both sides the crowds were backed up huge. Theres an ice cream van on the outskirts on the right, right on the pathway from that side to get to the stage, its utterly stupid placing but there were people all backed up behind it for ages. I pissed off to the rock stage that ran that year and watched Sikth in the end, who had about 100 people watching them ha ha, they were excellent though.

12 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah defo, Can't see them leaving us with the choice of Rudimental or James Bay.

Think it will be Common Stage top 3

Rudimental

James Bay

Ocean Colour Scene  

and Castle

Bloc Party subbed by The Hives.

Good shout. 

Who we thinking for Sunday, chic or somet?

12 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Good shout. 

Who we thinking for Sunday, chic or somet?

I've not heard anything as I had Rudimental, I can't see Chic being held back for any reason, I can't see they would be a sharp uptake in sales if announced at a later date. 

Three possible reasons to hold off.

1 create a buzz and a increase in sales, but Victorious have never held back a main stage headliner before usually its only acts lower. 

2 an act doesn't want to be announced yet due to they having a tour to sell first, but the only act that really falls into that is Catfish. Or they are playing a different festival that needs to sell out or take place before they can be announced. I can't really see anyone here, Neighbourhood, This is tomorrow stuff like that no-one there headlining who fits cus Ashcroft is at IOW.

3 an act is reforming and they're waiting until an agreed date when all festivals will then announce at the same time [roughly], there's not much out there band wise that would fit Victorious here, maybe Pulp, maybe The Verve [a way to get around Ashcroft at IOW] but I can't see it.

The most likely at the moment seems Catfish, but I think its more likely to be an older act. So I dunno!

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I've not heard anything as I had Rudimental, I can't see Chic being held back for any reason, I can't see they would be a sharp uptake in sales if announced at a later date. 

1 create a buzz and a increase in sales, but Victorious have never held back a main stage headliner before usually its only acts lower. 

2 an act doesn't want to be announced yet due to they having a tour to sell first, but the only act that really falls into that is Catfish. Or they are playing a different festival that needs to sell out or take place before they can be announced. I can't really see anyone here, Neighbourhood, This is tomorrow stuff like that no-one there headlining who fits cus Ashcroft is at IOW.

3 an act is reforming and they're waiting until an agreed date when all festivals will then announce at the same time [roughly], there's not much out there band wise that would fit Victorious here, maybe Pulp, maybe The Verve [a way to get around Ashcroft at IOW] but I can't see it.

The most likely at the moment seems Catfish, but I think its more likely to be an older act. So I dunno!

Odd one init, catfish maybe announced for trnsmt tomorrow so that maybe holding them back.... but I can’t see that. We can only wish and hope the verve were reforming, think Ashcroft resents the idea from what I’ve heard him say in interviews. Could be an oldy like roger waters, other than that could be anything couldn’t it.

11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Pulp would be incredible but I can't see it - I'm going with Catfish, that arena tour must be struggling with seated tickets!

Edited by efcfanwirral

Catfish have already been announced for loads of festivals so why hold back on this one  - it also doesn't  fit the demographic of the announcement on the radio interview, although again was this just a ploy?

As the words said "he'd dead isn't he" i fully expect Tupac to be headlining proving he faked his own death.  

4 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Catfish have already been announced for loads of festivals so why hold back on this one  - it also doesn't  fit the demographic of the announcement on the radio interview, although again was this just a ploy?

As the words said "he'd dead isn't he" i fully expect Tupac to be headlining proving he faked his own death.  

Have they? From my understanding they have been only announced for sziget and bonnaroo.... if they get announced for trsnmt tonight then that’s a third and that’s looking quite likely. So I wouldn’t rule them out yet...

Edited by KBR1991
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, retrokev said:

not really.they playing all points east on one of days and a day fest on diff days.they have chosen who supports their day

It’s a festival, so they wouldn’t be a festival exclusive.

I don’t think Victorious could get them anyway, especially not for a one-off over a month after their closest show. And just as well cos they’d cost way more than Victorious need to pay.

6 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Catfish have been announced for... as far as I can tell... no festivals in the UK?

Correct. Big year for them too so it’d be strange to just do TRNSMT. Although that’s what the Arctics did.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s a festival, so they wouldn’t be a festival exclusive.

I don’t think Victorious could get them anyway, especially not for a one-off over a month after their closest show. And just as well cos they’d cost way more than Victorious need to pay.

Correct. Big year for them too so it’d be strange to just do TRNSMT. Although that’s what the Arctics did.

Yeah it would be strange, specially with the balance out in April, I’d expect a big run of festival dates.. are you thinking it might be them then?