Victorious 2019

seanz25

10 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Are we assuming that rudimental are headlining the castle stage, with a common stage headliner still to come? Doesn't really fit the demographic they've previously hit otherwise? But also no "headliner TBA" on the poster, so rather confusing. 

Nope Rudimental will be headlining main, TDCC doesn't fit it either but as said there comes to a point where you run out of the older bands doing the rounds.

57 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Are we assuming that rudimental are headlining the castle stage, with a common stage headliner still to come? Doesn't really fit the demographic they've previously hit otherwise? But also no "headliner TBA" on the poster, so rather confusing. 

Nope. Go back to page 3 on here I always said I heard they were headlining. I just thought it would be the Co headline with specials cus I didn't expect them to be on the Saturday or Sunday. I've not heard anything on the Sunday but I think Catfish have to be the strongest chance. Although you would have thought it would have been an older act if Clean Bandit are headlining second stage against them. 

It's Saturday I'm confused with Rudimental headlining main with James Bay headlining second? Both modern acts I'm sure they would share fanbase and then Bloc Party subbing on Main? I'd swap Bloc Party and James Bay around. I also guess OCS on 3rd down on main but I'd have them under BP If they were on Second Stage. 

Wonder if DJ Yoda is headlining Seaside, weird having Basement Jaxx DJ set as well. So Cool Britania main stage headliner is playing low down at its nearest competitor....

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Nope. Go back to page 3 on here I always said I heard they were headlining. I just thought it would be the Co headline with specials cus I didn't expect them to be on the Saturday or Sunday. I've not heard anything on the Sunday but I think Catfish have to be the strongest chance. Although you would have thought it would have been an older act if Clean Bandit are headlining second stage against them. 

It's Saturday I'm confused with Rudimental headlining main with James Bay headlining second? Both modern acts I'm sure they would share fanbase and then Bloc Party subbing on Main? I'd swap Bloc Party and James Bay around. I also guess OCS on 3rd down on main but I'd have them under BP If they were on Second Stage. 

Wonder if DJ Yoda is headlining Seaside, weird having Basement Jaxx DJ set as well. So Cool Britania main stage headliner is playing low down at its nearest competitor....

Where's James Bay on Castle come from? 

Bloc Party, especially doing an album in full, seem a lot more likely for that slot as you say. 

Good news about the announcement today is that the Sunday headliner is likely someone who has not announced festival gigs yet and are embargoed until a larger festival announces. This likely rules out Florence, foals, manics and new order as they have festival gigs already out there and would have been announced today (as per all previous victorious announcements).  

Creates a possiblity of: Mumford (APE announcement soon), catfish, kings of Leon (London date soon). 

Could all be wild speculation of course. 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

Where's James Bay on Castle come from? 

Bloc Party, especially doing an album in full, seem a lot more likely for that slot as you say. 

It's just the way they're positioned on the poster in regards to last year acts in said slots. But actually I think I may have got it wrong, I actually thought it said it on Portsmouth newspaper as well, but it doesn't it says clean bandit and vaccines which is obviously wrong. 

So taking a look again at the posters cus I was rushing earlier. I'd say Saturday will be Rudimental/James Bay on Main and Bloc Party on Second. Probably OCS 3rd down on main and The Hives subbing Bloc Party. 

To add they probably would normally want to put Bloc Party as main headliner, but feel a combo of Rudimental/James Bay will pull more of a crowd, much like Olly Murs pulled a much bigger crowd on Castle compared to Elbow in 2017. Lessons learned. 

Edited by luckysalt

Probably nothing, but during one of Matt Everitt's music news slots on Shaun Keaveny's BBC 6 Music show today they did tease the announcement of the third headliner.

Everitt appeared to mouth the name of the artist off-mic, with Keaveny responding: "He's dead isn't he?"

The exchange is at 14:52pm here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music

Very likely just a bit of hijinx rather than anything concrete but thought I would pass it on.

• Upvote 1

I feel from reading this thread, I'm alone in being massively underwhelmed by this year's headliners ?

Undercard is a major improvement though. But don't think the headliners are near the calibre they've had in the past. Might be just me though. 

Edited by seanz25

6 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

I feel from reading this thread, I'm alone in being massively underwhelmed by this year's headliners ?

Undercard is a major improvement though. But don't think the headliners are near the calibre they've had in the past. Might be just me though. 

Not just you. I'm thinking the same

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Probably nothing, but during one of Matt Everitt's music news slots on Shaun Keaveny's BBC 6 Music show today they did tease the announcement of the third headliner.

Everitt appeared to mouth the name of the artist off-mic, with Keaveny responding: "He's dead isn't he?"

The exchange is at 14:52pm here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music

Very likely just a bit of hijinx rather than anything concrete but thought I would pass it on.

dylan or young maybe

42 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Sounds almost like he makes a water sound afterwards and then its said don't do that again or they might get it. 

Thanks for passing that on, also quite funny story with the Zutons singer about last time he played.