Victorious 2019

seanz25

20 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Was a long time ago I saw them outdoor, remember at TITP 2002 the atmosphere was dead. I saw them in a tent at V in around 2008? And it was much better. I just feel acts like that work better in tents. Wouldnt be the worst thing if they headlined, when basement jaxx did victorious 2015 they were class. 

When they were the size they were in 2002 though it's only natural it would be better in a tent, there are loads of acts I like that I'd rather see in a tent than outside. More intimate will usually create a better gif and there isn't the worry of a huge stage swallowing then up.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

do you think they'd play victorious as well?

i'm most likely gonna be wrong but seeing as they've got london and manchester headline festivals, i could see them announce a Scottish fest and leave it at that (possibly something at Glasto)/ they've also got nothing between their festivals in july and their tour in november, so might not add a rogue date in the middle

Boardmasters is a Global Event so I guess that does put them in the mix... 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

When they were the size they were in 2002 though it's only natural it would be better in a tent, there are loads of acts I like that I'd rather see in a tent than outside. More intimate will usually create a better gif and there isn't the worry of a huge stage swallowing then up.

I dont understand your point the size they were in 2002 they would be better in a tent? They were the main stage headliners at the peak of their popularity... 

3 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I dont understand your point the size they were in 2002 they would be better in a tent? They were the main stage headliners at the peak of their popularity... 

I may have misread your post so apologies on that, although I'd still stand by that seeing them in a tent would most likely make it better.

15 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Was a long time ago I saw them outdoor, remember at TITP 2002 the atmosphere was dead. I saw them in a tent at V in around 2008? And it was much better. I just feel acts like that work better in tents. Wouldnt be the worst thing if they headlined, when basement jaxx did victorious 2015 they were class. 

I heard Basement Jaxx were not great. I was too busy watching Ray Davies

45 minutes ago, rseamer said:

I wonder if the announcement has been delayed as South Central (the replacement for Mutiny run by the same person on the same site as Mutiny) was announced today? 

Hasn't been announced yet has it? Just leaked by local press? No website and a blank twitter saying coming soon. Still looks like nowt that would interest me, hope they continue to keep Craig David and Sean paul away from victorious. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jonnyx said:

The streets were amazing in the NME tent at reading a few years ago. 

On a bigger stage I agree it never really worked. 

Looks like streets and slaves out then. Don’t understand the hate for the street. Saw them last night and amazing energy and fun.  Would have been a good addition to Victorious. 

12 hours ago, dgrain21 said:

Looks like streets and slaves out then. Don’t understand the hate for the street. Saw them last night and amazing energy and fun.  Would have been a good addition to Victorious. 

I agree, along with everybody else on his current tour.

The guys first album was groundbreaking. More so than any of the other suggestions.

He deserves respect, not somebody saying 'good he's not playing'.

So the week is upon us, lets start getting those guesses in.

Headliners still seem could be anybody, so lets have a chat about who else could be on the bill.

The reformed bands... Doves, The Zutons, The Futureheads. Can see all three of these on the bill. 

Last two years we have had a 90's female fronted band play mid of main stage, Sleeper last year, Echobelly the year before, I think this year we will have The Cardigans play, they just did a UK tour recently and said they'll play more shows here and there.

Acts who've not played for a while

Since 2013 - Reef

2014- Dizzee Rascal, Seasick Steve [both these acts they've done tweets about recently], Ocean Colour Scene, Razorlight.

2015- Theres tons from this year that could be back, Primal Scream, The Darkness, Johnny Marr, We Are Scientists, Cast, Fratellis, Mystery Jets, Peter Hook, Magic Numbers, Subways, Jaws, 

2016- Maybe a bit too soon, but Manics could be back this time as a sub, DMAs maybe, Rat Boy maybe, 

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Headliners still seem could be anybody, so lets have a chat about who else could be on the bill.

The reformed bands... Doves, The Zutons, The Futureheads. Can see all three of these on the bill. 

Last two years we have had a 90's female fronted band play mid of main stage, Sleeper last year, Echobelly the year before, I think this year we will have The Cardigans play, they just did a UK tour recently and said they'll play more shows here and there.

Since 2013 - Reef

2014- Dizzee Rascal, Seasick Steve [both these acts they've done tweets about recently], Ocean Colour Scene, Razorlight.

2015- Theres tons from this year that could be back, Primal Scream, The Darkness, Johnny Marr, We Are Scientists, Cast, Fratellis, Mystery Jets, Peter Hook, Magic Numbers, Subways, Jaws, 

2016- Maybe a bit too soon, but Manics could be back this time as a sub, DMAs maybe, Rat Boy maybe, 

This years a tough one to call. Globals other festivals haven’t given any obvious clues in terms of headliners but there’s definitely some that I can see playing a bit further down the bill.

There are definitely rumours going round about Chic. Where that would put them on bill I’m not sure, they have been riding a lot of hype over the last few years so a headline slot wouldn’t be all that surprising. They are definitely bigger than any other afternoon special guests we’ve had so I don’t think I see them in that slot to be honest. 

I think we might see the manics returning as the co headliner on the Friday night. Which would be kind of disappointing considering they were there not that long ago.

as for the the undercards, A friend in the know mentioned that doves were on the cards, whether that is actually happening I don’t know but it would make sense! 

Other acts I’m expecting to see on there are Kate Nash, Shame, Futureheads, Gerry Cinnamon, Black Honey, Sea Girls and I’d love to see the Go Team on there! 

3 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Since 2013 - Reef

1 hour ago, The_Groke said:

This years a tough one to call. Globals other festivals haven’t given any obvious clues in terms of headliners but there’s definitely some that I can see playing a bit further down the bill.

There are definitely rumours going round about Chic. Where that would put them on bill I’m not sure, they have been riding a lot of hype over the last few years so a headline slot wouldn’t be all that surprising. They are definitely bigger than any other afternoon special guests we’ve had so I don’t think I see them in that slot to be honest. 

I think we might see the manics returning as the co headliner on the Friday night. Which would be kind of disappointing considering they were there not that long ago.

as for the the undercards, A friend in the know mentioned that doves were on the cards, whether that is actually happening I don’t know but it would make sense! 

Other acts I’m expecting to see on there are Kate Nash, Shame, Futureheads, Gerry Cinnamon, Black Honey, Sea Girls and I’d love to see the Go Team on there! 

At this time, I can actually see any of those you’ve both said. I really can.

i think DMAs is a good shout and I do hope so, watched them at o2 Sheffield in December and they’ve stepped it up a notch to a very good solid band, well worth a watch. We will see Gerry cinnamon I think alongside doves and zutons/maybe fratEllis. 

Id like to see tdcc there’s but no chance as a headliner I can think of much better acts but you never know. They would be a great sub.

the manics and chic thing is abit of a dampener and step back for victorious from a personal point of view, last couple years it’s been an excellent lineup but I feel they need to step it up a notch this year looking at other global festivals. I love manics don’t get me wrong but back so soon is abit ...... don’t get me wrong some people love chic and it’s there thing and I totally respect that, if it is chic I’ll just find something else to do so no issue. It would be the same with catfish I’d be up for that and some wouldn’t so whatever floats your boat really. 

Rag n bone man may make an appearance maybe castle stage somewhere I’d think with likes of James’s bay etc.

32 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

At this time, I can actually see any of those you’ve both said. I really can.

i think DMAs is a good shout and I do hope so, watched them at o2 Sheffield in December and they’ve stepped it up a notch to a very good solid band, well worth a watch. We will see Gerry cinnamon I think alongside doves and zutons/maybe fratEllis. 

Id like to see tdcc there’s but no chance as a headliner I can think of much better acts but you never know. They would be a great sub.

the manics and chic thing is abit of a dampener and step back for victorious from a personal point of view, last couple years it’s been an excellent lineup but I feel they need to step it up a notch this year looking at other global festivals. I love manics don’t get me wrong but back so soon is abit ...... don’t get me wrong some people love chic and it’s there thing and I totally respect that, if it is chic I’ll just find something else to do so no issue. It would be the same with catfish I’d be up for that and some wouldn’t so whatever floats your boat really. 

Rag n bone man may make an appearance maybe castle stage somewhere I’d think with likes of James’s bay etc.

Yeah manics would be quite disappointing and though I don’t doubt chic will put on a good show is does feel a little underwhelming... 

Having said all that, last year we had The Prodigy as UK exclusive so there’s always the possibility of something like that happening again. Plus in the acts announced so far we have a few the others don’t so maybe the lineups won’t be as similar as we might expect! 

Still got my fingers crossed for New Order! 

18 minutes ago, The_Groke said:Yeah manics would be quite disappointing and though I don’t doubt chic will put on a good show is does feel a little underwhelming... 

Having said all that, last year we had The Prodigy as UK exclusive so there’s always the possibility of something like that happening again. Plus in the acts announced so far we have a few the others don’t so maybe the lineups won’t be as similar as we might expect! 

Still got my fingers crossed for New Order! 

Just very underwhelming.

i have been thinking as an exclusive, noones mentioned jameiroqai or kings of Leon.

Kol are still doing dates.