Victorious 2019

seanz25

1 hour ago, SmudgeyRob said:

Pretty sure the original post didn't have the word 'guess' in it. Therefore, as it read like a statement of fact, it led me to believe that New Order would be appearing. So.................as i quite like New Order..............  I got slightly fucked off when it turned out to be horseshit.

It might not be LOL

7 minutes ago, The_Groke said:

J you seem to be some sort of all knowing festival oracle. You obviously know something...

C’mon spill the beans ?

Ha. I share as much info as I can. Most of the time I can't share anymore than what I've already posted or simply dont have it. 

Edited by JBarbour

Gutted there was no announcement. Ynot lineup doesn’t seem to bing going down too well. Looking across global festival line ups, there isn’t anyone other than foals that would be big enough I think to headline victorious. Must surely have something up their sleeve.

Im beginning to think it might be Catfish, with their second batch of arena dates going onsale last week and selling out, and their current arena dates this month, would be reason enough to have the Victorious announcement later in the month than usual. 

There literally is no-one else pushing a tour or finishing a tour at the moment apart from them it could be.

The other reason is of course, Global wanted to shift tickets for their other fests and have the focus on them and the focus on Victorious next week.

It is a step away from the normal formula of Victorious but I guess if they have a chance to have Catfish this year whilst they are selling out so many arena's [lets face it standing is all they care about, what do you do at a fest, stand, so they won't be too concerned seating isn't selling out] they're gunna go for it. Next year they will probably be headlining Reading if they maintain popularity. 

I was oblivious to how big they had gotten before I'll admit. 

This all could be just bollocks, just thinking out aloud.

It doesn't have to be all based around tours remember. Ray Davies certainly wasn't touring when he headlined!

I know its a bigger festival there now but i am excited. I am not sure on catfish i think new order and chemical brothers fit the festival well. 

Personally i'd love to see Wolf Alice there - move with the times and all that but unfortunately that's not going to happen 

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Im beginning to think it might be Catfish, with their second batch of arena dates going onsale last week and selling out, and their current arena dates this month, would be reason enough to have the Victorious announcement later in the month than usual. 

There literally is no-one else pushing a tour or finishing a tour at the moment apart from them it could be.

The other reason is of course, Global wanted to shift tickets for their other fests and have the focus on them and the focus on Victorious next week.

It is a step away from the normal formula of Victorious but I guess if they have a chance to have Catfish this year whilst they are selling out so many arena's [lets face it standing is all they care about, what do you do at a fest, stand, so they won't be too concerned seating isn't selling out] they're gunna go for it. Next year they will probably be headlining Reading if they maintain popularity. 

I was oblivious to how big they had gotten before I'll admit. 

This all could be just bollocks, just thinking out aloud.

It's certainly a shout given they are at Sziget and there is going to come a poi y where they need more than just an older nastolgia act to work for them.

I don't know if they'll outright headline Reading but I defo think they'll be in the co-headline. For me it'll be Stormzy, Liam and Catfish on their own or with another.

3 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

It doesn't have to be all based around tours remember. Ray Davies certainly wasn't touring when he headlined!

I know its a bigger festival there now but i am excited. I am not sure on catfish i think new order and chemical brothers fit the festival well. 

Personally i'd love to see Wolf Alice there - move with the times and all that but unfortunately that's not going to happen 

Hope it's not Chems, they've always been poor when open air at festivals, they suit tents much better. Prodigy can pull it off no problem but Chems really struggle to create an atmosphere. No tents at victorious big enough either for them. I'd love New Order but they couldn't headline Sat or Sunday. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's certainly a shout given they are at Sziget and there is going to come a poi y where they need more than just an older nastolgia act to work for them.

I don't know if they'll outright headline Reading but I defo think they'll be in the co-headline. For me it'll be Stormzy, Liam and Catfish on their own or with another.

think you could be right.looking at global past headliners and we have catfish 2dcc foals ezra courteeners to name a few. ezra courteeners at iow foals doing truck,boardmasters and y not. so mayb  2 of 3 of flo 2dcc and catfish

Catfish are a weird one... On the one hand it would kind of make sense. Global seem to have a selection of headliners that they swap from festival to festival and they're usually in the mix. Victorious is one of the few festivals they haven’t done so it wouldn’t be all that surprising if they ended up doing it. 

But then on the other hand it would be quite a change from the usual formula... I guess they do have more current acts in the undercards at times, but the headliners on the whole seem to follow a pattern. The  Prodigy were a bit of a curveball in terms of genre last year, but it still fit with the pattern. It’s a tough one to call! 

In recent years Victorious has shared a headliner with Y Not, so I expected a clue in their announcement last night but now that’s thrown me too! Don’t see Elbow coming back, I’d be surprised to see Foals there for the same reason as Catfish and I really don’t see Two door headlining a 65k festival.

I’m stumped! 

12 minutes ago, The_Groke said:

Catfish are a weird one... On the one hand it would kind of make sense. Global seem to have a selection of headliners that they swap from festival to festival and they're usually in the mix. Victorious is one of the few festivals they haven’t done so it wouldn’t be all that surprising if they ended up doing it. 

But then on the other hand it would be quite a change from the usual formula... I guess they do have more current acts in the undercards at times, but the headliners on the whole seem to follow a pattern. The  Prodigy were a bit of a curveball in terms of genre last year, but it still fit with the pattern. It’s a tough one to call! 

In recent years Victorious has shared a headliner with Y Not, so I expected a clue in their announcement last night but now that’s thrown me too! Don’t see Elbow coming back, I’d be surprised to see Foals there for the same reason as Catfish and I really don’t see Two door headlining a 65k festival.

I’m stumped! 

2dcc headlined boardmasters 2017 and that 50,000

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Hope it's not Chems, they've always been poor when open air at festivals, they suit tents much better. Prodigy can pull it off no problem but Chems really struggle to create an atmosphere. No tents at victorious big enough either for them. I'd love New Order but they couldn't headline Sat or Sunday. 

Chems smashed the Other stage at Glastonbury on a Sunday night a couple years back. I'd be delighted if they ever played Victorious.

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Chems smashed the Other stage at Glastonbury on a Sunday night a couple years back. I'd be delighted if they ever played Victorious.

Was a long time ago I saw them outdoor, remember at TITP 2002 the atmosphere was dead. I saw them in a tent at V in around 2008? And it was much better. I just feel acts like that work better in tents. Wouldnt be the worst thing if they headlined, when basement jaxx did victorious 2015 they were class.