Victorious 2019

seanz25

3 minutes ago, KBR1991 said:

Genuinely at this rate can’t see who then, looking limited.

Imagine if they pull something out the bag like Ian Brown/Specials on Friday, LG on Sat and Kasabian on Sunday.

Got to think this is a 65k festival, its like multiple times bigger than most fests out there. 

They can go a step higher than most fests thats why they had Prodigy last year. I think they can go even higher, every year they book arena acts. Keep the faith guys.

4 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

considering there’s still a co-headliner for the specials’ day, could this be an indicator?

408E3387-DE35-48C5-B6A1-B4DCC875CDCB.jpeg

Big indicator, possibly. Would be alright, I hope not personally as they already played manics. Plus I’m not that bothered about them, would be not very my taste. 

5 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Imagine if they pull something out the bag like Ian Brown/Specials on Friday, LG on Sat and Kasabian on Sunday.

Got to think this is a 65k festival, its like multiple times bigger than most fests out there. 

They can go a step higher than most fests thats why they had Prodigy last year. I think they can go even higher, every year they book arena acts. Keep the faith guys.

I chuffing hope Ian brown is as far away as possible! I’ve seen roses on numerous occasions recently and he is so bad. Needs to call it a day. Shame. I’d love to see rest though, specials are going to be brilliant. 

50 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

They won't be as big as Liam and Kasabian, The Prodigy was booked but the rest of the day was very underpar due to that. Saturday wasn't all that either although it had a bit more going for it.

2 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

Have Pendulum been announced for any festivals yet (seems to be all they're doing since their reunion)? Also Gerard Way has been releasing a few tracks recently, maybe an appearance here?

Pendulum are always fantastic live so id be happy with that, if Gerard Way is free in Europe that weekend, he would be at Reading without question. 

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Pendulum are always fantastic live so id be happy with that, if Gerard Way is free in Europe that weekend, he would be at Reading without question. 

Are Pendulum not a bit too early for the selected basis at Victorious?, they seemed to be missing from both early and late summer festivals.

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Truck is Monday, don't think anything Tuesday now, victorious weds morning, Ynot weds evening. 

Buzzing now, be nice to get a lineup finally. Hope they pull it out the bag. Can’t see pendulum being there.

whats people’s ifnal predictions?

Fri - specials and ?

sat - 

sun - 

go...

1 hour ago, KBR1991 said:

Buzzing now, be nice to get a lineup finally. Hope they pull it out the bag. Can’t see pendulum being there.

Fri - specials and ?

sat - 

sun - 

go...

Ok let’s go for Chems and Catfish headlining. Chic and Tom Jones as afternoon guests or something like that. Suede supporting Specials. Doves, Rag’n’Bone Man, Nothing But Thieves, Tom Grennan, Gomez and Pete Doherty in the mix somewhere as well.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ok let’s go for Chems and Catfish headlining. Chic and Tom Jones as afternoon guests or something like that. Suede supporting Specials. Doves, Rag’n’Bone Man, Nothing But Thieves, Tom Grennan, Gomez and Pete Doherty in the mix somewhere as well.

I can't see Catfish being there tbh 

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Everything that still has headliners to announce (except Glastonbury, and Big Weekend before you say it) has already been Catfished.

Come to think of it though, Mumfords also don’t have any UK dates. What do you say JJ? Mumford & Sons?

Still headlineing major festivals abroad so I think radio 1 big weekend will grab them.

4 hours ago, KBR1991 said:

Fri - specials and ?

sat - 

sun - 

go...

Fri - specials and manics co headline

Sat - liam g and ian brown

Sun -new order and suede

Others - peter hook, charlatans, razorlight, peter doherty, primal scream, black grape, the coral, ash, human league... 

Am i right in thinking its the same weekend as reading/leeds? Do they ever share the same acts at all? I remember the foos played iow before, but despite the size of victorious now i imagine are too big and/or too american

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Gomez played last yr dude, Pete did last yr with Libs and solo the yr before so he's out, Grennan played in 2017 so probably out, Victorious doesn't do many repeats. 

Think Doves will defo be there and probably Nothing But Thieves, I hope Rag N Bone man aint there! 

Going from the Truck list the 9 artists, all are free to play Victorious in that they aren't at IOW [apart from Idles] and they're not at Reading [apart from YMA6, but they have Sunday free so might turn up at Victorious on Sunday]

1 minute ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Sun -new order and suede

Others - peter hook, charlatans, razorlight, peter doherty, primal scream, black grape, the coral, ash, human league... 

Am i right in thinking its the same weekend as reading/leeds? Do they ever share the same acts at all? I remember the foos played iow before, but despite the size of victorious now i imagine are too big and/or too american

Foo fighters headline these big fests

5 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Sun -new order and suede

There has been the odd act play all three in the one weekend, 2017 Sundara Karma played Reading, Leeds and Victorious the same weekend. It doesn't happen often though.

Tbh looking back at the last few years victorious line up, its been consistenly good in that i could pick 10 acts across the weekend id easily pay to see. The wife n i came last year and had a great time, up there with the best festival experiences ive had. For those reasons weve already booked tix and flights from edinburgh in the hope that past line ups are a good indicator! Roll on wednesday!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Gomez played last yr dude, Pete did last yr with Libs and solo the yr before so he's out, Grennan played in 2017 so probably out, Victorious doesn't do many repeats. 

Think Doves will defo be there and probably Nothing But Thieves, I hope Rag N Bone man aint there! 

Going from the Truck list the 9 artists, all are free to play Victorious in that they aren't at IOW [apart from Idles] and they're not at Reading [apart from YMA6, but they have Sunday free so might turn up at Victorious on Sunday]

Fair on Gomez - I didn’t know they’d had any gigs for a few years to be honest. Was surprised to see them on those bills, even!

Though from Truck’s nine; YMAS are in Glasgow on Sunday, Wolf Alice probably won’t do this as it seems like they’re doing a brief few headline gigs, can’t see TDCC doing this either similarly, Slaves would be a repeat if Grennan and Doherty are, and Foals are playing Bournemouth soon so I can’t see them doing this too. So, I guess that leaves NBT, Nash and Shame - those seem fair. :D

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair on Gomez - I didn’t know they’d had any gigs for a few years to be honest. Was surprised to see them on those bills, even!

Though from Truck’s nine; YMAS are in Glasgow on Sunday, Wolf Alice probably won’t do this as it seems like they’re doing a brief few headline gigs, can’t see TDCC doing this either similarly, Slaves would be a repeat if Grennan and Doherty are, and Foals are playing Bournemouth soon so I can’t see them doing this too. So, I guess that leaves NBT, Nash and Shame - those seem fair. :D

Nice work! Love it when someone else looks up whats the deal with other acts so I don't have to! 

Yeah I can't see Slaves back, they had a pretty strong slot last time. 

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Sun -new order and suede

I’ve made my mind up just headliners

fri- specials and manic street preachers

saturday - Liam Gallagher 

Sunday - snow patrol (only cause I know that they self confirmed for trnsmt other night when they were to be exclusive to latitude so means absolutely nothing)