Victorious 2019

seanz25

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

that's stretching it tho. They might have formed in the 90s, but they didn't impact till the 2000s.

Would you call Pulp a 70s band? :P 

The point is, they're not a johnny come lately. Victorious always goes for older acts as headliner, I can't see them booking a Catfish as headliner. All the other fests Global own, they might take a risk and do that, but Victorious has never done that. They might HAVE to as their headliner pool will be shrinking, they've never used the same headliner twice yet, they may do that also. Have to say IOW announcement today the headliner of Gerorge, I didn't think they would have positioned him there. But it Live Nation owned now so maybe they're calling the shot on that one. Victorious is still booked by the original 3 guys, they just ask Global to go work on acts for them. 

8 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I can't see them booking a Catfish as headliner.

I can (tho I'm not saying they have/will).

There's not many acts in that mid-range who have dropped back from being a major festie headliner, but Catfish now sit in that group of acts.

I agree they're younger than they types of acts Victorious has tended to have as headliners, but they've near enough used up that list so need to expand it.

12 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Victorious is still booked by the original 3 guys, they just ask Global to go work on acts for them. 

what that means is that it's not booked by the three guys, but programmed by them - with everything subject to Global over-sight and control.

But anyway, have you ever thought about how you might book a festival yourself? And then thought about the 2nd year, and the 3rd year, and the 4th year, etc?

It's impossible not to start booking acts you don't give a shit about, because no one cares much about the acts they'd leave till last.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

what that means is that it's not booked by the three guys, but programmed by them - with everything subject to Global over-sight and control.

But anyway, have you ever thought about how you might book a festival yourself? And then thought about the 2nd year, and the 3rd year, and the 4th year, etc?

It's impossible not to start booking acts you don't give a shit about, because no one cares much about the acts they'd leave till last.

Poor Catfish :(

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Oh I agree, above all else its a business. I'm not on here to argue, sooner or later that headliner pool will have to change. Interesting last 3 years all they'd had is UK based headliners. I wonder if that will change this year. I'd love them to go for Pixies. That being said the size the festival is, im not so sure Pixies could sell it now. They tend to have Arena acts the Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by luckysalt

1 minute ago, luckysalt said:

Oh I agree, above all else its a business.

exactly. They didn't book Rita Ora because she fits the niche of the headliners Victorious has had, she was booked to appeal to a particular demographic.

And the demographic Catfish are in is now an older crowd than it was, with money to spend, and are the future of the festival. Sooner or later what's booked will tilt that way.

Just now, eFestivals said:

exactly. They didn't book Rita Ora because she fits the niche of the headliners Victorious has had, she was booked to appeal to a particular demographic.

And the demographic Catfish are in is now an older crowd than it was, with money to spend, and are the future of the festival. Sooner or later what's booked will tilt that way.

Second Stage headliner though. Its been their model, established long term act main stage headliner, current chart act as second stage headliner. 

If they book a more current act as main headliner, Id hope they book an older act as second stage. Which is possible and maybe more likely as the festival grows. 

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah, I recently swapped out George from my predictions too. Reckon they'll chuck Cardi B in that slot, after Emily followed her and she supposedly has a new album coming out in April. 

I was baffled by this until I got to Emily’s name and realised what happened. All for Cardi B headlining Victorious though.

2 hours ago, retrokev said:

so with io w acts announced ,could we get an ian brown,the strokes ,elo,foals ,liam

The strokes will not be there as they are headlineing major festivals. 

Foals could be a possibility but I reckon they could  do a secret set at reading and Leeds.

Liam will not be there as he is too big.

Ian brown could be a contender

Elo will not be there either

5 minutes ago, jj200 said:

The strokes will not be there as they are headlineing major festivals. 

Foals could be a possibility but I reckon they could  do a secret set at reading and Leeds.

Liam will not be there as he is too big.

Ian brown could be a contender

Elo will not be there either

strokes major.abroad yes.whats left uk,as imagine do a uk fest plus scotland.foals may do secret but not headline which could be victorious or truck.liam as big as bro who headlined in past and elo never say never

1 hour ago, jonnytee1 said:

What about the following  

Kraftwerk?  Massive Attack? Lily Allen? Chemical Brothers (already Mentioned)? Duran Duran? Tears For Fears?  

All names that could be possible? 

Lily Allen is at IOW, they don't share acts. Thankfully in her case. 

Chemical Brothers are right size, the rest I can't see being booked as main stage headliner and money involved with some of them I bet would be too much for them to be anything but. But who knows. Bet Wilson wasn't cheap last year.